Baggage-Allowances Over 20 Kgs

Ricardo

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When arriving in Bangkok from Europe using Emirates my large bag is usually full of presents and somewhere between 25-30 kg.  My second leg then is domestic (sometimes to Ubon - closest airport to my home - or starting with a trip to another thai destination).

Instead of taking the top-heavy bag with me for the intermediate holiday or second leg (and having to pay overweight luggage on the domestic flights), I simply go to the ThaiPost office located at the end of the last row for International departures.  I then 'unload' at least 10 kg and choose a carton box-size that will fit the stuff.  The cost - if I recall well - is approx 250 THB (box included and they will add paper/plastic bubble-foil to protect any fragile stuff at no cost).  The parcel will be delivered within 2 days at your door-step (and I live in the sticks).  No need to take EMS or express-service, the regular ThaiPost delivery service is amazingly fast.

That's very interesting, I wish there was something similar at British airports as I usually want to bring more things back to Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to book a flight with air Asia from Khon Kaen to Bkk return.

I don't expect to have more than 15 kg going. Do I have to pay the 300 baht for 15 kg fee?

I expect coming back from UK, my daughters will have heaps of stuff, it looks like 30 kg is 600 baht each, fair enough.

But the question, do I need to pay an extra 300 baht each when booking for the first trip if we have only 15 kg?