Evaluate My Photo Please

Rsquared

G'day,

I am new to this forum and am keen to get back into photography.

This photo was taken in the National Park (forget the name) near Krabi. It was with my Sony video camera that can also take stills, so settings are all auto.

I am keen to get the new Sony RX 100, so for future reference..........how could I improve this shot.

Thanks.

post-151257-0-48699400-1343529430_thumb.

• Like 1

Nice pic....could play around with lighting a little. I prefer the original perspective...the branch shadow and the water in bottom left leading you into the photo and the waterfall on the left is more attractive.

• Like 1

paul's crop makes the best of an image that forces a viewer to jump back and forth. Lighting is nice on the left waterfall. IMO, try to focus yourself on a subject and stick to it. Moving around to the right and then capturing the waterfall on the left alone in that nicer light may have been more pleasing.

The dead tree in the water is a bit distracting. I guess what i am trying to say is the image is too busy - too many competing subjects and none are strong enough to hold the eye and say to me (and viewers) that this is what you wanted us to look at.

Lastly it looks like you shot this standing up, try altering your heights and angles next time around to see if you can find more intersting choices.

But ok overall

Hi Folks,

For me I like the photo as is (whole).

The dead tree in the water makes you look at the front (abit too bright) of the photo and then takes you into the waterfall area at the back. DOF thumbsup.gif

As a landscape man myself, I do enjoy taking photos a little bit off the beaten track so to speak. w00t.gif

I always love busy photos like this one, as it is not the waterfalls itself, but the nature of this place that one must take in to see the veiw.

My version below.

post-3770-0-44927300-1343823303_thumb.jp

Win wai.gif

Thanks to all.

There is so much more I can do than point and shoot, thanks to some good advice, it encourages me to try more shots and actually "think" about the shot.

Cheers.

I went from that point and shoot mentality some time ago, to then thinking about it a lot more as looking at the shot through the camera, it made a huge difference to the quality of the pic.