Mj Smokehouse On The Darkside; They Deliver

Jingthing

A place to source corned beef, pastrami, cold and hot smoked salmon, smoked turkey, smoked bacon, breakfast sausages, pies sweet and savory, and side dishes like pickles.

This is not a restaurant.

I haven't tried as yet but I have heard good things about the quality and also quite interesting is that they will DELIVER. Not sure about minimum order though but I reckon it wouldn't be hard to make some selections that add up to a size they'd be OK with.

http://mjsmokehouse.com/

• Like 2

No indication on the website of where they are located ?

Contact them for delivery. They are a SUPPLIER.

But I get your point. As they are not a shop or restaurant, it doesn't make any difference where they are located. I happen to know they are located on the darkside though, but again, it doesn't matter.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

So they will only deliver and not let you come in and buy to take out? If you know for a fact they are on the dark side do you know where?

I just emailed them as they also have had an all you can eat mexican buffet before. I want in on the next one. Also, they offer some great stuff. I am drooling just looking at the price list.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 2

Ok, being a dark sider myself this made a strong beep on my radar. I however do like to make grocery rounds when preparing a feast myself, so the delivery option is a bit secondary. If they've got a distribution point anywhere in Pattaya, please do tell.

• Like 1

Ok, being a dark sider myself this made a strong beep on my radar. I however do like to make grocery rounds when preparing a feast myself, so the delivery option is a bit secondary. If they've got a distribution point anywhere in Pattaya, please do tell.

Based on that video ... not.

An announcement from Western Wholesale Meats on Chaiyapruek 2, along the same lines for those that are interested, this was on their Facebook page a day or so ago ........

"Professional American Smoker Coming on board soon, we will be providing more products including:

Corned Beef

Corned Brisket

Pastrami

Canadian Smoked Beef

Smoked Brisket

Roasted and Smoked Turkey

All produced from our new professional smoker being installed NOW !!!

Product available early August

Watch this space for more news."

• Like 1

Think I died and went to heaven.

Thanks for that video. Now that's Mexican food!!!! Wow...I'm heading back home shortly and can't wait to eat at my favorite hole in the wall again.

I'll be ordering some items from MJs for sure. Especially the smoked salmon.

wai.gif

Just got an email response.

Thank you for your interest in our products and events! We actually just had another one this past Saturday but we will gladly place you on our mailing list for our next event. We have yet to set a date for the next one, but once we do I will definitely let you know.

Guess we'll have to wait till the next one. I'll be sure to post when I get a date. They also said that they still deliver whatever you want with no minimum. The prices and items are on their site. I will be calling today to place an order. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks as always to jt for the heads up.

Edited by Jayman

Just got an email response.

Thank you for your interest in our products and events! We actually just had another one this past Saturday but we will gladly place you on our mailing list for our next event. We have yet to set a date for the next one, but once we do I will definitely let you know.

Guess we'll have to wait till the next one. I'll be sure to post when I get a date. They also said that they still deliver whatever you want with no minimum. The prices and items are on their site. I will be calling today to place an order. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks as always to jt for the heads up.

I just placed my order!

we've tried their breakfast brunch buffet a few weeks ago and the recent Mexican evening buffet. Both excellent. Unique family ambience and home venue, Also ordered the smoked ham, again delivered and excellent.

Email them and they will add you to their invitation list and send map too.

Mac, Jute, son Scott and staff are very hospitable and affable.

But dont tell everyone!

Myself and friends have ordered from them - all excellent products at reasonable prices. Might take 2 or 3 days to deliver if they've had a run on their current stock and need to smoke more, but they'll let you specify a delivery time and they've always been very prompt. They sell only via delivery - there is no shop.

We also attended the Mexican buffet - very good -- probably a dozen selections to choose from. Cost is 399 Baht with Margaritas at 100 Baht and Sangria 50 baht. They can only accommodate 60 people.

Location is a secluded sprawling house about 3 miles up the hill (east) from Sukumvit and Chiyapruk. Not easy to find! Once you are about a half mile away, they have small signs with arrows, but you need to be looking for them.

Best to use GPS - almost everyone I talked to had used GPS and others got lost. The Google map will only get you in the vicinity - it is not specific enough to enable finding it. Here are the coordinates:

12.885583, 100.943467

+12° 53' 8.10", +100° 56' 36.48"

https://maps.google....298828&t=h&z=17

To be honest, I'm kind of sorry the word got out ermm.gif - It's a small family run operation and they might not be able to handle a sudden onslaught of new business.

To be honest, I'm kind of sorry the word got out ermm.gif - It's a small family run operation and they might not be able to handle a sudden onslaught of new business.

Well you might be surprised. I think publicity on this forum has less impact than most people think.

I wonder if this place has any connection to Del-izza.

I don't think so.

That said, let's talk about corned beef vs. pastrami.

According to wiki corned beef is not smoked (instead salt cured), while pastrami is.

It sounds like the Smokehouse smokes all their meats!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corned_beef

Edited by Jingthing

I don't think so.

According to wiki corned beef is not smoked (instead salt cured), while pastrami is.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Corned_beef

I'm not sure they smoke all the meats do they? I know they have both corned beef and pastrami. Might be something for you to email them about JT.

I don't think so.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Corned_beef

I'm not sure they smoke all the meats do they? I know they have both corned beef and pastrami. Might be something for you to email them about JT.

OK, this indicates they do smoke the pastrami, which is proper:

http://mjsmokehouse.com/?p=155

What happens when you take corn beef, sweeten it with some brown sugar, then covered in black pepper corns and coriander seeds then smoked? Pastrami! That’s right, its corned beef underneath a smoky crust! Try it in a sandwich and you will be amazed!

So perhaps indeed they don't smoke the corned beef.

Yes, find out if they make smoked beef brisket (w/ BBQ sauce on side) as that would be heaven for many of us who can't get it in Asia.

I just put in my order. Seems they now have online order page. I got a good selection of stuff. 300thb for 500g of Pastrami is a really good deal when compared to Delizza. Don't get me wrong, Delizza had great pastrami so the bar is high but if this smoked pastrami matches the standard then I am a happy camper indeed. We have fresh bakery, deli, and now smoked meats out here on the DS. What more could I ever want?

Oh I know, BBQ Beef brisket! I did ask about that in my order comments aso I'll be sure to report back the findings.

Just got this as part of the reply to my recent order.

As for BBQ beef brisket, we have had many requests for this item and so we are definitely planning to add smoked beef brisket with BBQ sauce to our product line. We are also working on our own homemade BBQ sauce which will be flavored with our smoking method. BBQ beef brisket will hopefully be available by next week. You will be the first we inform once we are ready.

Myself and friends have ordered from them - all excellent products at reasonable prices. Might take 2 or 3 days to deliver if they've had a run on their current stock and need to smoke more, but they'll let you specify a delivery time and they've always been very prompt. They sell only via delivery - there is no shop.

We also attended the Mexican buffet - very good -- probably a dozen selections to choose from. Cost is 399 Baht with Margaritas at 100 Baht and Sangria 50 baht. They can only accommodate 60 people.

Location is a secluded sprawling house about 3 miles up the hill (east) from Sukumvit and Chiyapruk. Not easy to find! Once you are about a half mile away, they have small signs with arrows, but you need to be looking for them.

Best to use GPS - almost everyone I talked to had used GPS and others got lost. The Google map will only get you in the vicinity - it is not specific enough to enable finding it. Here are the coordinates:

12.885583, 100.943467

+12° 53' 8.10", +100° 56' 36.48"

https://maps.google....298828&t=h&z=17

Should have location map on web-site. Sam's in Jomtien has a great map[easy to read]

I think the reason they don't list an address or a map is because they don't offer a store front and don't jay want folks rocking up to their house unannounced/uninvited.

If you go to a special event it would be heipful to know the l;ocation with a map?????

I think the reason they don't list an address or a map is because they don't offer a store front and don't jay want folks rocking up to their house unannounced/uninvited.

If you go to a special event it would be heipful to know the l;ocation with a map?????

They will send a map if you book but don't want their map known to all as their business operation is by delivery. They are not a store operation and they are not a full time restaurant. Easy enough?