Mj Smokehouse On The Darkside; They Deliver

Jingthing

I think the reason they don't list an address or a map is because they don't offer a store front and don't jay want folks rocking up to their house unannounced/uninvited.

If you go to a special event it would be heipful to know the l;ocation with a map?????

They will send a map if you book but don't want their map known to all as their business operation is by delivery. They are not a store operation and they are not a full time restaurant. Easy enough?

They just left my house a few minutes ago... All looks great.. I'll certainly be a long term customer.

Ok... the Pastrami is very very good. As is the corned beef. I have more coming tomorrow.

The beef brisket with BBQ sauce should be about a week or so from coming to market. I think thyey are working on the BBQ sauce right now.

The jerkey is really good.

Will test out the bacon tomorrow and report back.

Yes, find out if they make smoked beef brisket (w/ BBQ sauce on side) as that would be heaven for many of us who can't get it in Asia.

I just put in my order. Seems they now have online order page. I got a good selection of stuff. 300thb for 500g of Pastrami is a really good deal when compared to Delizza. Don't get me wrong, Delizza had great pastrami so the bar is high but if this smoked pastrami matches the standard then I am a happy camper indeed. We have fresh bakery, deli, and now smoked meats out here on the DS. What more could I ever want?

Oh I know, BBQ Beef brisket! I did ask about that in my order comments aso I'll be sure to report back the findings.

Care to share the address or their "online order page"???

For those expats and tourists who don't make their own sandwiches at home, I've got another hot tip. A small restaurant that is now sourcing the same MJ smoked meats for their sandwich menu! It's called Monty's Pearl Cafe and I have included a map.

You can order the sandwiches alone or in a set.

For example a corn beef reuben with swiss and kraut on rye bread is 180 baht.

In a set, add homemade soup of the day, and homemade ice cream for 250 baht.

Note of info: Monty's restaurants (he has had them for many years now) get a gay crowd. (So if you're looking for a Chick-fil-a you've got the wrong place.)

post-37101-0-55533400-1343979070_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

For those expats and tourists who don't make their own sandwiches at home, I've got another hot tip. A small restaurant that is now sourcing the same MJ smoked meats for their sandwich menu! It's called Monty's Pearl Cafe and I have included a map.

Note of info: Monty's restaurants (he has had them for many years now) get a gay crowd. (So if you're looking for a Chick-fil-a you've got the wrong place.)

Ya had to mention corn beef reuben with swiss and kraut on rye bread. Hard to top those in NYC, but I'm dying for one. Will go there shortly. After I finish off the big delivery MJs just gave me! Only tried the jerkey so far, but it is really good.

Ya had to mention corn beef reuben with swiss and kraut on rye bread. Hard to top those in NYC, but I'm dying for one. Will go there shortly. After I finish off the big delivery MJs just gave me! Only tried the jerkey so far, but it is really good.

I also hear his soups and homemade ice cream are very good.

I never met a sandwich I didn't like. Gay or straight I'm in. I take it they will server all sandwiches with a whole pickle? I have yet to try the pickles from MJ but I bet they are good.

Thanks for the insight JT.

oh.. and f$ck Chick-fil-a and their political BS

Edited by Jayman

OK, got my order from MJ Smoker. They had run out of Pastrami but will be delivering Wednesday. What was really impressive was they sent many free samples including the Pastrami. Ordered the Corned Beef, Pickles, Muffins. We tried the muffins and they were outstanding. Also the Spicy Jerky. I am heading over to Food-mart to get some rye bread and will make Rubens this evening with the sauerkraut I also purchased. Yes, I will be back for more. Not sure about Delizaa when they will be up and running at WWM meats but Scott’s operation is first class. Also I wasn't home when order was delivered so my G/F offered a tip for the delivery, which was politely declined by the delivery lady who I assume was the owner/wife. All in all a great experience. // mod edit - trolling comment removed. See forum rule #5 //

Edited by Phil Conners
: Trolling comment removed. See forum rule #5.

lenny - do you use rye bread or what (i assume you are a Brit)?

I prefer Wholemeal or Wholegrain bread, maybe that's what american's call rye bread? But must have Colmans english mustard not that yellow coloured "deli mustard" or "hot dog mustard" yeuch!!!

what is the best way of eating the corned beef?

Really well-made corned beef is simply amazing, soooooooooooooo delicious!

Breakfast: Corned beef hash with fried eggs

Lunch: Corned beef on rye sandwich with pickles, potato salad & cole slaw

Dinner: Corned beef and cabbage with potatoes & carrots

post-72929-0-81313300-1344393316_thumb.j

post-72929-0-41391400-1344393340_thumb.j

post-72929-0-40055300-1344393360_thumb.j

• Like 2

Just had another delivery.. Included some tester bbq brisket and bbq sauce. I'm told there is some brisket to me had now but more will be ready with the next batch of pastrami on Sat. I'm getting weekly pastrami deliveries now. And the corned beef is also very nice.

lenny - do you use rye bread or what (i assume you are a Brit)?

I prefer Wholemeal or Wholegrain bread, maybe that's what american's call rye bread? But must have Colmans english mustard not that yellow coloured "deli mustard" or "hot dog mustard" yeuch!!!

Pretty far off.

Deli mustard is an American style typically paired with Jewish deli meats (corned beef/pastrami) -- dark brown, spicy, with coarse seeds. It is not that super yellow stuff you're thinking of which is a more mainstream "whitebread" generic style of American mustard.

I am sure Colemans makes a quality line of mustards but I don't think they make a deli mustard, do they? Obviously if you grew up eating Colemans with your corned beef or pastrami, that's what you're going to prefer.

Rye bread is not the same thing as wholegrain bread although rye bread CAN be wholegrain like any other bread. It just means that rye flour is added and the bread TASTES like it was made with rye flour.

Rye is a popular bread for sandwiches. In the United States, corned beef or pastrami on rye is particularly popular; it is considered a classic element of Jewish-influenced New York City cuisine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rye_bread Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Michaelaway - the photos of corned beef are perfectly explicit. Thanks. Scott delivers tomorrow (along with salmon, pickles, more ham and bacon)

No problem, happy to help.

And, one more thing all deli mavens know, and I shall pass along to you: In the fridge, keep the corned beef & salmon away from the ham & bacon... they just don't get along.

Got the order, the food looks amazing. Very professionally packaged as well for a home delivery kind of operation. Had the chicken pot pie and it tasted fresh and so good. Have to pick up some bread for the corned beef and I will be eating well today. Definitely will order again!

• Like 1

I tasted the beef brisket they are working on and it's very good. The sauce is still a work in progress but I don't think they are far from something very nice.

I'm in heaven with these guys delivering like they do. The Pastrami is my favorite by far but that brisket might join it. Both the chicken and beef pies are very nice and fresh. And who can complain about smoked bacon.... I've been doing smoked pastrami bacon sandwiches. So tasty.

I ordered a batch of stuff last night about 8pm. They delivered it all about 10am this morning. Only tried the pastrami. IN my opinion it is the best I have had in the last 25 years in South East Asia, and I have been looking for it everywhere. Going to have the breakfast sausages in the morning and a ham sandwitch for lunch. If they are anywhere near as good as the pastrami I will be a long time customer.

I am surprised at myself commenting on what i perceive to be "American" food but i have now tried (and finished) the corned beef in the 3 ways Lenny W showed in his photos and it was/they were simply delicious. Thanks MJSokehouse

Ordered Pastrami, Smoked Bacon, Smoked Ham and Pickles

Pastrami, Bacon, Ham are excellent, the Pickles not my cup of tea but I assume this is because I don't like garlic.

Edited by luckyluke