Venue For Wedding Reception

Loaded

Hi folks

Getting married to a Chinese /Thai woman in a few months but I'm searching for a venue for the reception. Could be a hotel buffet/dinner or a resort. I took a look at Gia Tong Heng the famous Chinese place but seems pricey for what I want. They'll be about 100 people including 11 farangs. Budget is up to 40/50 K but value for money is important. It'll be late afternoon but would like somewhere where the guests can stay on in to the evening. Doesn't have to be Chinese.

Have you been somewhere you could recommend?

Cheers,

loaded

The Chiengmai Gymkhana Club is desperate for business and is a beautiful venue for weddings - my English friend married his Thai wife there a few years back and it was a spectacular affair and the staff are used to catering for large groups. The committee is actually about to meet up to talk about reducing or waivering the 'function fee' so give them a try, prices are reasonable. The chef makes superb Chinese food (Tatler Thailand's Best Restaurants 2005) and good Euro and Thai nosh too.

If you are interested just email Peter Dawson at [email protected] or call 053 241035 (Thai).

Good luck and have a lovely wedding.

Excellent suggestion..

I'd say whatever you do, try to resist the typical 'hotel wedding' at all costs. They're all the same and incredibly DULL.

Have to say, marrying a Chinese-Thai woman the odds are firmly stacked against you. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

My Wife's restaurant has a reputation for producing some of the best Thai food in the area.

We can cater for that many people for a very reasonable price, we have inside and outside seating, and would be more than happy to close the restaurant just for your day. We can provide western Cuisine as well

PM me if you need to know anymore

TP

Thanks for input

I'll pop across to the Gymkana and have a chat. Wedding is in May and reception mid/late-afternoon so may have to go with a hotel as we'll need air-con - farangs flying out from UK may be too uncomfortable otherwise. I've looked at The Empress and The Sheraton. Been to weddings at the Sheraton and have never felt comfortable.

Loaded