Phuket Expat Dokset Murder Trial: All Charges Denied

george

Phuket expat Dokset murder trial: all charges denied

phuket-1-16560svdcdcfxBUiOpEtxKugevLgsYh.jpg

Norwegian national and long-term Phuket expat Stein Havard

Dokset yesterday denied all charges against him for the murder

of his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong. Photo: Orawin Narabal

PHUKET: In a day for denying criminal charges at Phuket Provincial Court, Norwegian national and long-term Phuket expat Stein Havard Dokset yesterday denied all charges against him for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong.

Dokset was arrested in a police raid on his luxury villa in Kata on February 28.

Officers searching the house found the remains of a human body concealed in a plastic bin in a locked basement room. DNA tests later confirmed the remains to be those of his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa.

However, Dokset yesterday denied that he concealed evidence of a crime. He also denied being illegally in possession of a firearm, saying that it belonged to Ms Rungnapa.

To the charge of murder, Dokset maintained his innocence, in line with his confession to police of “accidentally” killing her in a fit of jealous rage.

Chalong Police investigating the case had previously told the Phuket Gazette that the initial findings from the forensics investigation report that a skull fragment found among the remains showed signs of having been hit with a hard object.

Dokset is now set to appear back in court on February 12 and 22 next year, when the court will hear arguments from the public prosecutor, and again on March 8, when Dokset’s attorney will present his defense.

The move by Dokset to deny all charges against him came on the same day, in the same court, that the confessed killers of Australian travel agent Michelle Smith denied all charges against them for the stabbing murder of Ms Smith in a botched bag-snatch on June 20.

Original story: http://www.thaivisa....ket-girlfriend/

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-31

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something in this case of the 2 Thai guys killing the Australian ladies ? They have now withdrawn their confessions and are now in denial ? That could spell death sentences in found guilty and the evidence against them [CCTV footage], one would think, looked quite compelling

blink.png

The move by Dokset to deny all charges against him came on the same day, in the same court, that the confessed killers of Australian travel agent Michelle Smith denied all charges against them for the stabbing murder of Ms Smith in a botched bag-snatch on June 20.

As for this other guy using accidentally” killing her in a fit of jealous rage as an excuse is a non - starter IMO.

Am I missing something in this case of the 2 Thai guys killing the Australian ladies ? They have now withdrawn their confessions and are now in denial ? That could spell death sentences in found guilty and the evidence against them [CCTV footage], one would think, looked quite compelling

blink.png

As for this other guy using accidentally” killing her in a fit of jealous rage as an excuse is a non - starter IMO.

Here in Thailand that all depends on how munch money you have and are willing to spend.sad.png

• Like 1

blink.png

Well. If he really did kill her accidentally then it's a very good defence to the charge of Murder. The difference is pre-meditation, so it's quite possible that he's innocent of "Murder" but guilty of another offence such as unlawful killing or manslaughter.

• Like 1

He is not Thai so denying the charges will not give him much leverage but will probably go against him unless of course someone in the food chain of the Thai judicial system is getting some cash. My money is on a cash deal that causes an acquittal.

• Like 2

blink.png

Here in Thailand that all depends on how munch money you have and are willing to spend.sad.png

If that was true he wouldn't be in jail would he?

It is true. The fact that he's in jail simply means he didn't have enough money whistling.gif.

• Like 1

Let me see if I got this straight.....he didn't murder her...he accidentally killed her

He didn't try to conceal the crime.....what? he accidentally put her in a plastic bin and locked it up in the basement????

Maybe he has been in Thailand so long that his DNA has mutated to that of the indigenous population that cannot accept responsibility for anything?

...or use logic.

Edited by Misterwhisper

if anyone has a link, i would really like to read up on that story...

1) when was she reported missing - and who reported her?

2) when was she last seen alive - and by whom?

3) when was the villa raided - and where did the police search before?

4) did the police man (allegedly her husband by then) ever show up at the villa and ask if he had seen her?

Edited by ddpffft
  • Like 1

if anyone has a link, i would really like to read up on that story...

1) when was she reported missing - and who reported her?

2) when was she last seen alive - and by whom?

3) when was the villa raided - and where did the police search before?

4) did the police man (allegedly her husband by then) ever show up at the villa and ask if he had seen her?

Did you go to the link provided at the bottom of the opening post?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/537221-norwegian-man-confesses-to-accidentally-killing-phuket-girlfriend/

• Like 1

She was last seen a year before her family reported her as missing, said Pol Col Atip Tannin, superintendent of Crime Suppression Division Subdivision 5, who led the raid on the house.

then her policeman-husband, she has a son with, never reported her missing?

not in ONE YEAR?

blink.png

• Like 1

She was last seen a year before her family reported her as missing, said Pol Col Atip Tannin, superintendent of Crime Suppression Division Subdivision 5, who led the raid on the house.

http://www.thaivisa....ket-girlfriend/

not in ONE YEAR?

blink.png

Yeah, that is strange, but again, This is Thailand..blink.png

apparently, they havent found the whole body in that plastic box...

only some parts of it, and it was mentioned that some sort of "acid" might have been used (or so)...

there is no such acid, which destroyes bones and things but no regular plastic box... im not sure, if there is even any acid anywhere available which does destroy a body completely, then maybe in a emaille-bathtub or so...

given the utterly strange time frame, set by the "husband", the family and the "law-firm", it appears, that she was murdered, digged under somewhere by her murderer...

as she had three children, a plan to get some money was prepared...

the body was located and the few limbs found were put into a plastic box and driven to doksets house... when the financial background of dokset was figured out by the "pro`s", the police was sent to doksets house - who, against all odds, refused to pay ... (?) ...the rest of the story is in the paper...

i believe dokset is in danger in prison... if he doesnt confess and the case goes into trouble he might be at a serious risk...

Edited by ddpffft

Jeffrey Dahmer used some sort of acid to dissolved the bodies in acid. It seems to be pretty compelling evidence seen as though the body had been found locked in the basement but who really knows. Let's hope justice is served one way or another (maybe karma is the best justice).

http://www.thaivisa....ket-girlfriend/

not in ONE YEAR?

blink.png

If they were separated, why would he bother? I recall from the earlier thread on this subject that she had 'gone home' which is pretty common for couples that split up; one or the other buggers off. For example, I was separated from my ex- wife for almost three years. I never bothered to keep in touch with her and vice versa. Only when I filed for divorce on grounds of separation and her belated discovery of the courts attempts to contact her, did she pay any attention. For the record, she had buggered off to stay with her sister in Germany.

Edited by NanLaew

only some parts of it, and it was mentioned that some sort of "acid" might have been used (or so)...

there is no such acid, which destroyes bones and things but no regular plastic box... im not sure, if there is even any acid anywhere available which does destroy a body completely, then maybe in a emaille-bathtub or so...

given the utterly strange time frame, set by the "husband", the family and the "law-firm", it appears, that she was murdered, digged under somewhere by her murderer...

the body was located and the few limbs found were put into a plastic box and driven to doksets house... when the financial background of dokset was figured out by the "pro`s", the police was sent to doksets house - who, against all odds, refused to pay ... (?) ...the rest of the story is in the paper...

i believe dokset is in danger in prison... if he doesnt confess and the case goes into trouble he might be at a serious risk...

Your grammar is dodgy so I assume that English isn't your native tongue but you seem to be suggesting that there's no acid available that can dissolve a corpse as well as no container that can hold such a corrosive. This is to bolster your claim that somehow the guy is a victim of a frame-up by his former girlfriends ex- husband, family and the relevant bodies of law and judicial enforcement.

Hydrofluoric Acid can do a very effective job on bones and flesh. Standard low and high density polyethylene and some other common plastics are resistant to it. Not suggesting this was used, just answering ddpffft's query. Not going to comment on the rest of his 'theories'.

• Like 1

blink.png

If that was true he wouldn't be in jail would he?

It is true. The fact that he's in jail simply means he didn't have enough money whistling.gif.

Let it go man. Money get get you off small problems in Thailand, everybody knows that. But this is not a small problem. Money will not do it....
  • Like 1

Did he end her life? He said he did. All charges against him will focus on this testimonial fact.

One wonders how it is possible to get leniency in Thailand for a crime of passion, or temporary insanity. Does Thailand even have that on the docket for a sound form of defense, or are all "life-ending" crimes simply lumped into one singular category.

It is frustrating that we cannot be the fly on the wall and be able to witness the moments that led up to her dissolution. Can one make another so crazy that the act of life-taking is imminent? Apparently so.

Mr. Dokset must pay the penalty for something. He seems to think it should not be the ultimate penalty, but is he willing to settle for the alternatives? Will he be able to justify his act in his soul for the remainder of his life here?

I know one thing; there are times when rage overtakes me and I am in a situation where one split-second wrong move or decision can set off a chain of events that might cause irreversible suffering and regret. Thank the stars my better part of my nature comes to my aid swiftly.

Have not even one of you ever experienced rage here that was triggered by the behavior of the locals; rage so extreme that criminal thoughts practically obscured your sense of morality and ethics... even for a split-second? That's all it takes, and the odds are against "pulling back" in time if this occurs frequently. If they had been constantly fighting and she was doing "the little things that women know how to do to really get under a man's skin" then I am sure that Mr. Dokset's last act of rage was a culmination of all of these mad acts aimed at him with premeditation.

It is quite possible that Mr. Dokset went too far due to being provoked to that point. I am certain that most readers understand how Thai women are exceptionally adept at bringing out the worst in our natures when their psychotic moods flair up. If you do not know, then you are lucky. They can be absolutely brutal to one's ability to think clearly.

That's not the point, but one must consider whether this was an act of pure rage, in a moment where ones decision making abilities were impaired, and one critical act was carried out which set off a chain of events that is causing irreversible suffering and regret.

Keeping the body suggests a bit of insanity.

However, were I to submit to a bit of road rage that I experience all the time while driving here Thailand, I would undoubtedly (albeit unwillingly) set off a chain of events that would lead to irreversible suffering and regret. Yet I am certain that the Thais would merely see this as an opportunity to further their greed and avarice.

So yes; this is a very complicated case; not only because I have the opinion that he was mentally impaired by extreme rage, and erupted, but also because I have serious doubts as to the ability of the prosecutor to have an objective mind and use one's mental state as a factor of consideration for what took place.

• Like 1

Probably a significant beating 2X per day for 5 days will elict the usual "confession". I'm surprised this Thai Treatment has not already been applied? I wonder if the thai Police have bothered to trace were the containers and Acid was purchased?

OK. Assuming a fit of rage, madness, etc. he is still admitting he killed her. Lesser charge than pre-meditated I can understand. How less depends on Thai law and sentencing guidelines. I would point out that under recent US Law changes, the USA can prosecute people that commit crimes overseas. Does his country have any such thing? And also, I have to wonder that if he did kill her, how strange is he to stay around and not try to leave the country? Worried about extradition?