Crispy Peking Duck?

Peking duck is served in slices, crispy aromatic duck is shredded (usually at the table) and is a Chinese-British invention. For the latter the duck is usually deep fried, making it much quicker to prepare.

Here in Thailand it's normal to eat just the skin of the Peking duck with pancakes. The meat is then served as a separate dish, often stir fried with preserved vegetables.

I just don't get that you would say Peking Duck is a Chinese British invention. Oh all food was invented by the British.

They're saying aromatic crispy duck is a Chinese-British invention, not Peking duck. How true this is I have no idea. I suppose another example would be chicken tikka masala.

Peking duck is served in slices, crispy aromatic duck is shredded (usually at the table) and is a Chinese-British invention. For the latter the duck is usually deep fried, making it much quicker to prepare.

Here in Thailand it's normal to eat just the skin of the Peking duck with pancakes. The meat is then served as a separate dish, often stir fried with preserved vegetables.

I just don't get that you would say Peking Duck is a Chinese British invention. Oh all food was invented by the British.

They're saying aromatic crispy duck is a Chinese-British invention, not Peking duck. How true this is I have no idea. I suppose another example would be chicken tikka masala.

It's quite true it's British. Wikipedia states

Crispy aromatic duck (香酥鴨 xiang su ya) is a similar dish to Peking duck. It is very popular in the United Kindom where it was created in the latter half of the twentieth century.

and gives 3 references in support of that assertion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_Duck#Crispy_aromatic_duck

as is Phall curry

• 4 weeks later...

peking duck in Bangkok, try this

http://www.ananlao.com/

or weekend dim sum buffet with all you can eat peking duck, last time we visit Stella Palace we ate many PK Ducks and other stuffs. Chef freshly rolled crispy duck skin with scallion and cucumber on wheat sheet then pour sauce for us. I sat near peking duck cart and saw they refill about 6 ducks for that Sat Lunch.

Select Stella Palace Restaurant on 79th floor

http://www.baiyokebuffet.com/Restaurant/Restaurant.aspx

• Like 1