New Way Of Quitting Smoking

pearltasty

It's simply pressure point therapy, like acupuncture. It's a holistic approach to heal the body. A low level light pulse is directed at points on the face, ears and hands.

How laser therapy works

Low-level laser therapy operates on principles similar to the 5,000 year old ancient Asian healing art of Acupuncture. Acupuncture is known to reduce tension, increase circulation, and enable the body to relax more deeply.

Laser Therapy treatment is a noninvasive method used to balance the energy low between meridians. Laser therapy is considered a non-medical procedure. Treatment with low-level laser helps to promote the release of endorphins in the body. Endorphins are natural chemicals in your body that signal your system to decrease stress and increase energy. Omega uses a low powered (soft) laser to treat nicotine addiction. The laser is no more powerful than a 60-watt light bulb. Energy points related to addiction are identified and treated with a combination of a helium neon laser and electrobiostimulation.

The entire procedure is external, non-invasive, and non-thermal. Laser Therapy is painless. During the laser treatment energy points on your hands, face, and ears are treated. If a client feels the sensation from the low-level laser, they may feel a warm, pulsating and sometimes-tingling feeling. Some clients may only feel a calming sensation from the laser. The low-level laser acts as a tool to assist the client through the initial physical withdrawals from nicotine. The first 72 hours of quitting is considered to be the crucial detoxification period. The laser mimics a similar endorphin release for a period of 3-5 days following treatment, which aids in alleviating stress associated with giving up nicotine. The treatment has been used for over three decades in Europe and Canada.

What to expect after a treatment

The treatment is very relaxing and some people experience a degree of drowsiness.

How the laser is used

The laser is placed on various meridian and auricular points on the body around the ears, nose, hands, and wrists.

Laser safety

Low power laser light is completely safe. It is a bio-stimulation laser not a surgical laser. We are using the latest technology without needles, so it is totally painless. Your procedure will be given by a certified Laser Technician, specifically trained in low power Laser Therapy.

Edited by sbk

How about the simple acknowledgment that it is one of the nastiest, filthiest, unhealthy, and ridiculous habits any man or woman can engage in? I see it as a total lack of physical discipline, and a nearly total lack of self respect. Am I wrong on this?

How about the simple acknowledgment that it is one of the nastiest, filthiest, unhealthy, and ridiculous habits any man or woman can engage in? I see it as a total lack of physical discipline, and a nearly total lack of self respect. Am I wrong on this?

Yes, folk piss and shit outside my house, l think that is worse than a fag. rolleyes.gif
  • Like 1

Agree with your first sentence, completely disagree with your second sentence. Cigarettes like alcohol, medicaments, drugs cause addiction to the ingredients (i.e. nicotin) and as we know with cigarettes, the tabacco industry boosts this addiction through the use of certain chemical additives that they put into the tobacco.

Having been a heave smoker for over 30y, I could NOT have stopped but with the help of medicaments (champix helped for me).

Yes, it's a filthy smelly habit which will, in the vast majority of cases, shorten a smokers life by many years, and leave their last years in agony with various forms of cancer.

But, it is also extremely addictive.

I started smoking seriously soon after receiving my first month's ration of duty free cigarettes in the Royal Navy. They made it so cheap to smoke that to not smoke would have seemed almost discourteous.

Any treatment that will help you give up, well, perhaps not a double lung removal, should be considered.

I finally gave up on November 12 1982 after 17 years, the last frustrating 5 years cutting down, getting addicted to Mars bars, reducing to one small cigar a day (the only smoke I could buy one at a time).

The first year was hard, but after that the need to hold something in my fingers had gone.

My sense of smell and taste came back - wow - amazing!

My clothes and hair stopped smelling foul, and smelling the breath of those still smoking made me wince away from them in shock.

I smelt like that?

Whatever it takes - do it, you will never look back.

No aids to quitting then. I would have tried them all if they had been available.

• 3 months later...

Yes, folk piss and shit outside my house, l think that is worse than a fag. rolleyes.gif

biggrin.png !!

biggrin.png !!

Nope. Very few things in life are worse than being downwind from a smoker. Very, very few things.

biggrin.png !!

Nope. Very few things in life are worse than being downwind from a smoker. Very, very few things.

Both my parents and my younger brother smoked. Now my dad stopped, mom can't and will probably suffer the consequences (cancer) later in life. Its just too bad she can't stop. As a kid being locked up in a car with 2 smokers and driving to Spain (for a holiday) from Holland was absolute hell. Yes in a car its absolutely disgusting (on longer trips).

Otherwise i don't have a big problem with people smoking around me. Their life their choice. Its only sad that it has health consequences when it concerns those you love. I would rather my mom stopped for her health then because someone found it faul smelling. I am just happy i never touched them. I got sick just using a cigarette to light fireworks on new years eve.

I wish everyone who wants to stop loads of strength, i believe it can be hard but in the end many could stop so there is a good chance you can too.