Can Am Spyder Bikes In Thailand

Amr

Has anybody actually riden one and is the experience much different to a normal two wheeled bike? They look an interesting design and i have seen a couple of custom bikes from the States based on the same principals, What would the registration implications be in Thailand getting them legally onto the road ?

I'd heard that they were all recalled as the Thai authorities refused to give them a legal classification and therefore could not legally be used on the roads. Obviously there will probably be numerous loopholes and ways around this issue if indeed there is any truth to it.

Only what I heard.

I did see one on the Chiang Mai Toy Ride this year. Really nice looking bike and went like stink.

Would imagine it to be a bit of a handful but should be stable enough looking at the design.

they are surprisingly very quick for a 3 wheeler

i was beside one at traffic lights on a versys and we both took off at the same time and it seemed

to accelerate as fast as me but i had a passenger and we were on public roads so couldnt get a real test

For that sort of money I'd rather have a car with air-con, which would be infinitisimally better if stuck in traffic on a stinker of a day!

yeah, but some of those biker don't think like this smile.png

Yer, your right! It's only silly old me who puts comfort before pose value.

• 10 years later...

Old thread, but it seems there are places around the Bangkok area that sell Can-Am three-wheelers. I run a Spyder F3-S, a 1330cc triple, in Europe. It is my favourite 'bike' ever, and I've done over 250,000 miles on two-wheelers. For the bulk of the year I live in Thailand and am considering a Can-Am Ryker Rally, if I can find one.