Best Value In Town

luckyluke

My landlord claims his condos(Third Road area) are the best value in town(Jomtien/Naklua/Pattaya area)

I pay a monthly rent of 10.900 ThB( year base) for the following :

37 sqm studio with terrace.

Bathroom with separate glass door for shower(normal and rainforest).

Small kitchen with 2 electric hotplates, cooker hood, fridge, microwave, toaster.

King size bed

Two one person couch, coffee table, 40'' TV

Desk with chair, free internet(LAN)

Terasse table with 2 chairs

Swimming pool (small)

Relax and fitness area( 4 tools)

Elevator, sun-deck, underground parking.

Do somebody knows a similar place for a better price or better for the same price.

Many thanks.

Electric 7 ThB/ unit,( government ca. 3.50 ThB, )

I can live with this 7 ThB, lights on at 5 p.m. till 7 a.m. on every floor, underground garage, relax area...

and I don't use very much the airco, prefer electric fan.

Water 30 ThB/unit.

Edited by luckyluke

"hundreds of places similar" " little higher or lower rent"

Can you mention a few ones please, I often check the net but so far without results in accordance with my desiderata.

Edited by luckyluke

^

Thank you, I looked at this site : http://www.expat-con...niums.html#link

Nothing at the price you mention.

There is one at 10.000/15.000, 30 sqm, apparently without kitchen.

The website has very inflated prices, and I was not aware that there were studios there of 30 m2. As far as I know, they are all 37 or 38.

You need to wear out some shoe leather, visit the place, look at some and start negotiating. Lots of people there get 78 m2 for 10 or 12,000 baht.

^ A lot indeed, and you can find a lot more on the net, but I don't find what I want at the price I want to pay, so it looks like I will have to agree with my landlord.

Edited by luckyluke

^

Thank you, will have a look there.

The advice to have a wander around is good advice IMHO.

I pay 13K for a one bedroom 55 m2 place in Central Pattaya and its only 2 mins to the beach, so there are bargains closer to the Beach Rd area. Lots of places have noticeboards on the ground floor or in the foyer. I found my current place in the Pattaya Mail classified's.

Most internet adds are placed by agents and therefore more expensive due to the added commission that they charge.

Your best bet is to do a deal with the landlord direct as others have mentioned, look at the notice boards on the ground floor

in these condo buildings as thats where the landlords advertise directly.

^

?????

Can you please give me a link for these 42sqm condo's at 8.000 ThB?

According to their website :http://www.view-tala...vt1_rentals.php

the prices for the different View Talay condos are varying between 15.000 and 40.000 ThB!!

Many for rent in shop window notice board in lobby of building, usually the best way of finding bargains in most buildings.

To OP: Are you in Maxx Central Apartments ?

Yes, and intend to remain there so far, went to Jomtien in the week end, some bargains there but all in huge buildings with hundreds of condo's, not what I want.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Edited by luckyluke

• 3 weeks later...

I just spent a few days slogging around Jomtien to learn where I might want to live.

So I came to the conclusion that being a 10-15 minute walk to the baht bus turn down to the beach was a good idea. However, rents in that area during my handful of checks are rather pricy compared to my nice 6,000 baht/month studio near Pattaya Klaang. Checked a number of apartment buildings on sois 5, 6, 7, and 9. Yikes! 17,000 and up. So much for that idea.

So decided being east of Jomtien Second Rd. worth a try, but they're still rather above my budget, which is 6,000 to 10,000.

Met an expat with 11 years in Jomtien. Said many middle class Europeans in the area and so rents are, in my view, on the high side. All rather frustrating. I may be just looking in the wrong area, although I may have to bite the bullet if I want to live near Rompho market and the bar complex. Or stay near Klaang, but I don't really want to stay in Pattaya proper.

Tips? Thoughts?

View talay 2 B, fantastic location huge pool, walk to beach jomtien on baht bus route, 42m condos available longterm 8,000 with goverment electric bills and water about 200 bht per month.

I'm paying about 2500 for electric right now(I know. Expensiveblink.png ). Do you have any idea what the electric would be monthly with normal use there at the govt. rate?

To OP: Are you in Maxx Central Apartments ?

Yes, and intend to remain there so far, went to Jomtien in the week end, some bargains there but all in huge buildings with hundreds of condo's, not what I want.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Aren't Maxx Central aprtments between 3rd road and soi Arunothai? Don't you have to walk in from 3rd road via the Thai Kareoki clubs and the soi dogs? Just asking as when I'm pissed I don't like negotiating 3rd. road. By the way I think the price is right, but if it is where I think it is then I don't like the location.

I stay in South Pattaya. I pay 18000 baht for a condo 38-40 square meters,small balcony, with water and electricity plus 400 baht a month for Wi-FI.

It's expensive..but I have everything within walking distance..as always location,location....that's what You pay for...

i understand Your concerns about Jomtien..for me it's sort of a day trip..If i had a family I would definitely choose Jomtien before Pattaya.

Have friends staying there with their families, it's perfect for them...and they have very nice condos! And I agree to 100 % what You said about all the old and new house complexes in the area. It's like back home, but a lot warmer and cheaper though..to all residents of Jomtien I don't mean any harm..it' all about where You as an individual feel most comfortable..:)

I currently stay on Soi Bongkot. Yeah, it's in the ghetto but who cares. I pay 6k for a brand new air-con studio loom. I don't think I've found anything of comparative value here in 4 years of living here. I'd pay a couple thousand baht more for a little closer in town but no more.