Udon Land

easttech

Hello,

I was just curious, my wife's family was looking to buy some land in Udon, but actually a little outside the city, about 20 mins drive. They are looking at about 10 rai at 100,000 baht per rai. I know land prices can vary wildly, but does this sound about right?

Hello,

I was just curious, my wife's family was looking to buy some land in Udon, but actually a little outside the city, about 20 mins drive. They are looking at about 10 rai at 100,000 baht per rai. I know land prices can vary wildly, but does this sound about right?

Hmmmm well you don't say much about the land, but a 10 rai plot sounds like farmland or whatever. If it is then thats about right, its sometimes cheaper.

If it is very near a road and ameneties are possible (power, phone, water supply or you can do a well) then it has house building potential, and it is cheap.

It really depends what you want to/can do with it.

If it helps I have just over 1 rai (well wifey has :o ) just outside the ring road, maybe 10 minutes out from Udon and it has access to all of the above and more. That was 425,000 and I was told thats not a "farang" price, its about fair market value. The fields behind....no development potential... have been on the market for a long time at a price less than yours.

Hello,

Curiosity killed the cat easttech :o Leave them to do their own thing. They will know if the price is right.

Hello,

Curiosity killed the cat easttech :o Leave them to do their own thing. They will know if the price is right.

Thanks, but it is actually a little more than curiosity, I was also considering to be a part of this pruchae.

I would be interested as I know of a couple of farangs that so called wife has brought land only to pocket 100,000 of the the money. They tell farang 450.000bht then buy the land 350.000bht and then keep the rest these guys never find out and I am not going to be the ones to tell them. I not saying this is always the case but it does happen alot

Hello,

Thanks, but it is actually a little more than curiosity, I was also considering to be a part of this pruchae.

Ah! Well that puts a different light on things then.

There is a good thread somewhere here that covers this subject, but I cant find it. Many things have to be taken into consideration. Distance to town, road surface, availability of water / elec, does it need to be filled... just to mention a few.

Many people will tell you that there is cheaper or more exspensive land available, but at the end of the day, it really is up to you.

Hello,

Depends what they want to do with it, and what they can do with it under it's current title! If they want to build 80 homes, great price.Build 1 home and farm rest, OK price. Farm the lot, rubbish price. :o

Sounds too high to me, but one really has to take in the details of the land like the others have posted. Most important is what kind of paper the land has, if not Chanute it's a bigger rip off. We looked at 10 Rai about 20 minutes east of Udorn that was excellent grass land. We're looking to setup some hay fields to help support the family dairy herd. It was only 290,000 for the lot. No amenidies directly to the land but it was on the main canal in the area.

I the asking price almost sounds like the owner orginally wanted to set up track housing on the plot and is trying to get from under it. Some of them try and get an equal price for the entire plot for what they would have gotten if they managed to sell each subplot.

Land around Udorn is more expensive. It really boils down to location, location, location and what your willing to pay.

Eric