The Danger Of The Sawai Catfish.

kawapower

Did you have/have you already had a tetanus shot?

In future a pair of gloves could be a good idea when dealing with your catch. There's a lot of "Barbed" fish around which can give you a nasty jab it you're unfamiliar with them, not to mention more than a few who can take a finger or two...

Seriously! Go NOW and get that jab. My word you can only imagine what nastiness could have been in the water or even on the fish itself.

We feel pain for a reason; as a warning, so obviously something is not right. My guess is that maybe a splinter of the barb has broken off in there but get it seen to....

• Like 1

Seriously! Go NOW and get that jab. My word you can only imagine what nastiness could have been in the water or even on the fish itself.

We feel pain for a reason; as a warning, so obviously something is not right. My guess is that maybe a splinter of the barb has broken off in there but get it seen to....

Just back from the hospital, had X-ray which was clear, had Tetanus jab back in 3 months and 6 months for follow up jabs. Will be very careful with these fish in future, also have anti- biotics.

Edited by kawapower
  • Like 1

A few times I have been told that the pla duk has some venom in it's barbs but i'm not sure that's true.

All I can say is when I got stuck it was agony fog approx 15 mins, 3 weeks now and it is still sore, fishing is dangerous but still great fun.

• 1 month later...