I Want To Live In Hua Hin

MRGTINGTONG

I think you can do it on £600 if you own your own condo or house. There has been some good advice here. You need health insurance and enough rainy day money. Plan for the worst. When I was in Hua Hin earlier in the year an Estate Agent had an advertisement to manage new builds. As you are a self employed builder this could be a business idea for you to supplement your income. You would have minimal set up costs and would not even need a business premises. I am sure there is plenty of advice on the Forum for setting up a business. Best of luck.

Where is the work permit coming from?

Yes exactly, another loser Foreigner ilegally working.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of the replies, sorry for the delay, i have not logged in since i posted this question.

Very interesting contrast of advice, I have been visiting thailand every english winter for 2 or 3 months,

mostly to Hua Hin but have been all over, south and north and Korat where my wifes family live, dont

think I could there cause I feel isolated when im there. Have many friends in Hua Hin, farang and thai

and this is where I wish to settle although it is probably more expensive than other places. I agree about

not buying a condo or a house at first, should rent for a while.

I eat thai food at home now every day, the wifes cooking is the best i,ve tasted, I dont drink alcohol, only

water but I love my coffee and the odd cup of cappucicno, when in thailand I know where to eat good

food for 40 bht a time ,fried rice or fried veg and boiled rice, I walk most places or if too far I take motor

bike taxi, I do and can live very simply, its free to walk and sit on the beach looking out to the sea.

Im a self employed builder, its very hard work and the body aint getting any younger and it feels like

im working just to survive, pay the bills and give it to the tax man.

I feel "at home" in thailand, have done since i first went in 2000, my heart is telling me to go, life is too

short, dont die regretting some thing you didnt do but always wanted to so once again........................

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE AND PERSONAL STORIES, I shall take it all on board and make

a decision and keep you all posted.

Good luck man ....to be honest most of the replies are correct IMHO but I kinda thinking you have made your mind up already so book the ticket and good luck to you again mate .

By the way the wife is the major player in this if anyone can make the financials work I'm sure she can .

Cheers ...keep posted ..

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• 1 month later...

Well i/the wife have a 9rai farm in Tha-Yang 50k from Hua Hin , i like Cha-Am anyway much much cheaper than Hua-Hin .

It is also a lot cheaper to live where i am and surrounded by real Thailand not falang town could be anywhere even Spain, it is very beautiful and that's why i am here .

Sadly not as cheep as when i came 2002 but just have to ride it out it may get better.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies, Have just been over to los for 3 months, made loads of enquires and decided.

My house in the uk is now on the market for sale, as soon as its sold im going, no looking back.

England is so cold and damp and a very depressing to live now, im 52, maybe got 28 more years left,

maybe more, maybe less, nobody knows, so im going to live the rest in happyness in a place i want to be

doing what i want, simply.

Can easily live on 30,000 bht a month without being stingy, its my dream and im going to live it, i wont

fail.

Just hoping my house sells quickly, cant wait to get back and will keep you all informed about where i will

be living and doing and my monthly expences, maybe meet up with some of you.

Cheers for now (choke dee)

Mr G ting tong

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An extremely interesting topic, one that could go on forever, with a huge variety of answers. I too would love to live in Hua Hin but know I can only afford to visit each year.

I do wish you well Mr G ting tong and your dream becomes a reality and you stay "Healthy, Wealthy and Wise".

Please give us a yearly update, I for one would be interested to see how your life in Thailand unfolds.

This could turn into a life blog.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thankyou ejpool44, i,m sure i,ve seen in Hua Hin before if thats your picture.

House still for sale, only had 4 veiwings since late march and no bites.

Will consider reducing the price, working hard and saving as much as i can.

My dream is still very alive and i will make it a reality, sooner rather than later.

Will keep you all informed, cheers for now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My dream is still very alive and i will make it a reality, sooner rather than later.

I think it was mentioned before but I will repeat - Why not rent your home (instead of selling) for a few years until the market picks up.

The rent on your home would more than pay for your rent in Hua Hin

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that your dream comes true and wish you good luck. I am truly puzzled as in one post you are saving hard, in another you are travelling business class and in another you are heading for divorce and are wondering as to what your wife will receive. That could be expensive!

Anyway let us all know how it turns out.

So how are things progressing?

I live right down the road in Phechaburi. One room studio apartment. Furnished, elect,water,high speed internet, about 6000 baht a month.

This thread is one year old?

Edited by garyk

If you leave a well-paying job behind and come here with dreams of finding the "perfect one," you'll be sorely disappointed. This is a country that knows how to serve the tourist incredibly well but does not invite outsiders. It's very provincial (if by provincial you mean odd and often irrational). Many actions are governed by a strong belief in luck, and Thai pray to a god they say doesn't exist.

If you're adopted into a group/community/family, you are almost an employee and expected to fill a need--and needs are communal. The expectations are never clear up front, and they often change/evolve. Generosity here is looked upon as foolishness. One Thai woman told me, "You give to help, and they hate you for it." There, of course, are exceptions to this, but there are also Powerball winners. I wouldn't spend everything I have to buy tickets.

The world is fallen, cursed. There is no paradise on Earth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies, Have just been over to los for 3 months, made loads of enquires and decided.

My house in the uk is now on the market for sale, as soon as its sold im going, no looking back.

England is so cold and damp and a very depressing to live now, im 52, maybe got 28 more years left,

maybe more, maybe less, nobody knows, so im going to live the rest in happyness in a place i want to be

doing what i want, simply.

Can easily live on 30,000 bht a month without being stingy, its my dream and im going to live it, i wont

fail.

Just hoping my house sells quickly, cant wait to get back and will keep you all informed about where i will

be living and doing and my monthly expences, maybe meet up with some of you.

Cheers for now (choke dee)

Mr G ting tong

Good luck to you fella. Don't stop being a dreamer because if you don't have dreams how can they come true? I wish you well.