Helping An Old And Very Sick German Man And His Thai Spouse

sirchai

Need some advice, as I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel, for an older guy who wanted to live his life in LOS.

There’s a 72 year old German guy in a hospital since four weeks. He moved to Thailand 15 years ago, met a Thai woman, built a house and lived there since then.

Well, the situation seems to be complicated as he’s still married to a German woman somewhere in Bavaria. This woman has also another relationship with a man who’s also still married to a lady somewhere in the northern part of good old Germany.

He’s been unconscious for a few weeks; it seems that he won’t be back on his own feet again. Diagnosis pretty difficult, but heart failure plus lung infection disorders and more seem to be tough for the team at the hospital.

I’m helping them that they are able to pay for hospitals bills etc.

He always received around 65,000 baht/month; now his German wife’s just sending 20,000 baht to his account, a kind of pay back that the guy had left her?

She’s doing the monthly payments from Germany to Thailand, I know shouldn’t be like that and I don’t know the personal circumstances why the old man had made such a decision.

Fact is that the sick German man can’t speak and make his own decision. Clear is that all payments will end when he’d pass away.

I was just thinking about talking to a lawyer, isn’t a 15 year lasting relationship very similar to being married, as it would be under European law?

I’m just trying to help that this man gets back on his feet, but also thinking that the Thai woman should have enough money, especially when being day and night in an overcrowded hospital, changing diapers and so on.

Any useful input would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance! ----wai.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, there is no such law...

as he cant talk anymore, every hooker can claim they had a 15 years "relationship"...

not sure, if authorities would investigate their into much depth...

if he dies, the money source will dry up...

Edited by biggunguy

Shit happens we all die sooner or later.

Hope he finds peace when he passes a

Looks like he lived the last of his life how he wanted.

This sort of situation is going to happen more and more as numerous farangs on limited incomes struggle to survive.The option of medical insurance is in many cases not an option, insurance is expensive! Surviving on a pension is OK until such time as you get sick!

Hope that this man gets well, but frankly his situation is all too common, and within the next few year more elderly farangs will face this problem (I know I am one of them)!

Isn't this the same German gentleman from Sisaket who was written about last month?. I thought he was gpoing to a hospice somewhere.

http://www.thaivisa....ther-provinces/

I certainly hope that his remaining days are not in pain.

Yes, Ii's the same man, situation got worse. Found myself in the middle of a greedy German woman and his superficial Thai spouse. Then the hospital, circumstances and more.

It's more chaos than anything else in my time living here. He could live another month, a year, or longer. But his brain seems to be damaged through the lack of oxygen.

Seems that he won't be back on his own feet again, sad to see him in an ordinary room, as "he could afford" to stay in a one-bed room.

Seems that peoples' interest in money have a higher value than life itself does.

wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

Another reminder to take precautions for such a case.

Its not the first case I hear of, where a Thai girlfriend gets into a miserable situation because there is no will, no access to the funds.

Many men live here in comparable relations (not married to their Thai partner, living separated from a legally married woman in Europe etc.).

TAKE PRECAUTIONS!

• Like 1

Shame to hear what is happening to him.

A spurned ex wife and a thai wife only interested in what she will get when he dies i guess.

Can the German Embassy not bring him back to Germany for treatment?

Spare a thought for old people like this and be thankfull for your own good health.

• Like 1

Shame to hear what is happening to him.

A spurned ex wife and a thai wife only interested in what she will get when he dies i guess.

Can the German Embassy not bring him back to Germany for treatment?

Spare a thought for old people like this and be thankfull for your own good health.

He is still married in Germany, his German wife's got a man who's also still married to another woman who's got another relationship with...blink.png .And so on...

I'm off to the hospital to see how he's doing. wai.gif

if he has retirement money of 65,000 THB, and his wife now only sends 20,000 THB, then she certainly doesnt take the rest for herself, but the money gets saved for him...

from the OP i dont understand, why 20,000 THB per month are not enough to care for a person with dementia...

if there is more money needed, and there are bills to prove that, then certainly the german relatives will send more...

or not?

i think the guy has sufficient money and he should get a proper care here...

its really awful...

Edited by biggunguy

if he has retirement money of 65,000 THB, and his wife now only sends 20,000 THB, then she certainly doesnt take the rest for herself, but the money gets saved for him...

from the OP i dont understand, why 20,000 THB per month are not enough to care for a person with dementia...

if there is more money needed, and there are bills to prove that, then certainly the german relatives will send more...

or not?

its really awful...

I think the figure of 65,000 is to cover the visa requirements, which, looking at the story, he no longer gets each month.

Therefore it opens up more problems for the poor guy and those near to him in Thailand

I'm assuming, from the OPs comments that his Thai lady is still with him, and hasnt "cut her losses" and done a runner.

Penkoprod

or not?

its really awful...

I think the figure of 65,000 is to cover the visa requirements, which, looking at the story, he no longer gets each month.

Therefore it opens up more problems for the poor guy and those near to him in Thailand

I'm assuming, from the OPs comments that his Thai lady is still with him, and hasnt "cut her losses" and done a runner.

Penkoprod

I'm assuming that....... Please stop to assume! The guy had worked for the German government and he would have more money than 65,000 baht coming in. The German X_itch never wanted a divorce as she was the one who had huge benefits, paying lower taxes etc....

His Thai gf wouldn't do a runner, you shouldn't read too much about truck or van drivers causing accidents. In addition my friend Erol just passed away and I hope you do know what respect really means.

Stay on topic, please.wai.gif

Where does the OP say the Thai woman is a hooker or only out for what she can get? Apparently she's spending all her time at the hospital changing the guy's diapers. It seems that the wife in Germany is the greedy one.

• Like 2

Where does the OP say the Thai woman is a hooker or only out for what she can get? Apparently she's spending all her time at the hospital changing the guy's diapers. It seems that the wife in Germany is the greedy one.

Thanks,mate. Your post made me cry.

or not?

its really awful...

Penkoprod

I'm assuming that....... Please stop to assume! The guy had worked for the German government and he would have more money than 65,000 baht coming in. The German X_itch never wanted a divorce as she was the one who had huge benefits, paying lower taxes etc....

His Thai gf wouldn't do a runner, you shouldn't read too much about truck or van drivers causing accidents. In addition my friend Erol just passed away and I hope you do know what respect really means.

RIP

I know hope that the callous posters have second thoughts of what they have said.

He was lucky to have someone like you to care about him.

or not?

its really awful...

Penkoprod

RIP

I know hope that the callous posters have second thoughts of what they have said.

He was lucky to have someone like you to care about him.

The old man's still alive. He's still got somebody taking care not depending on any money that's coming in or not. I do not even wish that my enemies have to suffer like he does.

There's another Australian old man, without any relatives or fiends two beds away from him. Also very sick. Tried to help him a little as well.

Should anybody live in Ubon area, the German and the Australian are in building three, 4th floor.

Might be a good way to quit drinking and smoking when seeing them and the circumstances they live in now.....but there's still hope........wai.gif

• Like 1

The old man's still alive. He's still got somebody taking care not depending on any money that's coming in or not. I do not even wish that my enemies have to suffer like he does.

There's another Australian old man, without any relatives or fiends two beds away from him. Also very sick. Tried to help him a little as well.

Should anybody live in Ubon area, the German and the Australian are in building three, 4th floor.

Might be a good way to quit drinking and smoking when seeing them and the circumstances they live in now.....but there's still hope.

Srichai you say if anyone is in the Ubon area the above sick chaps are in building three 4th floor. But which hospital in Ubon? I read the above posts and there is no mention of which hospital. Is it Sappasit Hospital, the main public hospital in Ubon? Then I recall this old German was in Sisaket. Perhaps the hospital is in Sisaket? More details please.

If the quality of treatment doesn't matter to you, then I wish you'll get a taste of it sooner or later. What if it was your brother, or father............wai.gif

Actually I was in a government hospital for a few nights last month.

While I was there the guy in the bed opposite died screaming, and the guy next to me was also dying. But I was conscious, so what was happening around me did matter to me, if I were unconscious then I wouldn't have been worried.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Might be a good way to quit drinking and smoking when seeing them and the circumstances they live in now.....but there's still hope.

Srichai you say if anyone is in the Ubon area the above sick chaps are in building three 4th floor. But which hospital in Ubon? I read the above posts and there is no mention of which hospital. Is it Sappasit Hospital, the main public hospital in Ubon? Then I recall this old German was in Sisaket. Perhaps the hospital is in Sisaket? More details please.

Sorry, my older post was about this guy staying at the Sisaket hospital for more than two weeks, before I could actually make it happen that they'd moved him to Sapphasit in Ubon.

I know how bad this hospital in Sisaket is, as I'm living there and made my own personal experiences there. Wouldn't like to go into unbelievable details of this hospital, just don't go there.

It's the main government hospital at Sappkasit road after the police station. The Australian's name is John, the German guy's Gerhard.

Nobody is visiting John, I feel sad that no organisation or somebody takes care. He seems to be very sick.

The German guy will be moved to a special room today. Will have to check on that after work...wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

If the quality of treatment doesn't matter to you, then I wish you'll get a taste of it sooner or later. What if it was your brother, or father............wai.gif

Actually I was in a government hospital for a few nights last month.

While I was there the guy in the bed opposite died screaming, and the guy next to me was also dying. But I was conscious, so what was happening around me did matter to me, if I were unconscious then I wouldn't have been worried.

Both blokes are conscious, which makes it even worse to recover from anything, especially having serious bacteria like MRST, all sorts of other bacterial infections and viruses and diseases.

What if you had been unconscious and caught another serious infection. Don't you think that you could still be there? wai.gif

If he doesn't know where he is, or what's happening.

Why does his quality of treatment or room matter ....... he doesn't know the difference.

You can't be serious. Have you ever been to a hospital in the lower north east? Around 30 patients with serious diseases like Tuberculosis, very dangerous viruses and bacterial infections.

Even the doctor had warned me to be VERY careful when visiting him. A patient coughing could also make us sick, do you get this?

Problem might be that you can't see particles of viruses and bacteria and once your immune system is so down, you could get all sorts of other diseases.

The "quality of life" would indeed increase if people like you'd understand that relatives have to take care. Changing diapers, washing, feeding, wanna know more?

People like you are so worhtless, when others are having huge problems. Kau Tchai Boo?

He do knows the difference and all other people involved would be more than happy not to go into a diseased room at a hospital.

I have been in a hospital in the lower North East; many infact. Never heard of one as you explain it.

Hospitals are generall full of sick people; wherever they are.

If your friend is in such a hell hole then he should be moved.

As stated above he should have seen this coming.

Edited by puchooay

If you have the Australian's details (name and date of birth) email them to [email protected] Depending on how sick he is, the embassy may be able to try to find his family to let them know about his situation.