Helping An Old And Very Sick German Man And His Thai Spouse

sirchai

Sirchai you are doing a good thing all old people need ahand some time

Doesn't matter where they come from I am in Oz I can try to contact the mans family if you can get a name Phone number or a town I think we would all like some one to care like you thanks regards Russell

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

Will do the same if need be. I am in Sydney but can contact anywhere in Aus.

Just PM me.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the Australian's details (name and date of birth) email them to [email protected] Depending on how sick he is, the embassy may be able to try to find his family to let them know about his situation.

the hospital will give his birth data and name, when it is about helping the man...

and it will be best to contact the embassy, as they can approach the family in a proper way and can make suggestion about what to do and how to proceed...

• Like 1

Hi kevjohn am in toukley longway from Los where do you go there

Regards Russell

Non Thai, Korat

Have sent a PM

I've just heard the "Australian" would be British. His daughter is Australian, story is that they revoked a visa to Ozziland for him. Will try to get more information.soon. There's a a very helpful young doctor, but now working in third floor of building three.

Both guys are in fourth floor.

He sometimes visits both, helps them when he can. Nice to know that there're such people on this planet wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

Regards Russell

Non Thai, Korat

Have sent a PM

I've just heard the "Australian" would be British. His daughter is Australian, story is that they revoked a visa to Ozziland for him. Will try to get more information.soon. There's a a very helpful young doctor, but now working in third floor of building three.

He sometimes visits both, helps them when he can. Nice to know that there're such people on this planet wai.gif

Short update:

He's British. Mr. John William Stanley Rutter, born on March 12th 1928. Oranges seem to make him happy.......

He's in building three, fourth floor.-----wai.gif

• Like 1

Regards Russell

Non Thai, Korat

Have sent a PM

Short update:

He's British. Mr. John William Stanley Rutter, born on March 12th 1928. Oranges seem to make him happy.......

He's in building three, fourth floor.-----wai.gif

visa revoked, maybe medical reasons?

I don't know if the story's true that he's got a daughter in Australia. His visa for Thailand seems to be expired for years. Wouldn't be a problem to "give him a legal status" based on his circumstances.

They'd promised to move the German bloke into a single room, but now it seems that all rooms are full. It's like Don Quichotte's fight with windmills....

I could ask a friend from tourist police to get this sorted out with Immigration. Biggest problem might be that he's alone 24/7............wai.gif

I don't know if the story's true that he's got a daughter in Australia. His visa for Thailand seems to be expired for years. Wouldn't be a problem to "give him a legal status" based on his circumstances.

They'd promised to move the German bloke into a single room, but now it seems that all rooms are full. It's like Don Quichotte's fight with windmills....

I could ask a friend from tourist police to get this sorted out with Immigration.

Or maybe informing the Immigration that they'll have to sent him back, because he'd overstayed his visa....... (Meant to be a joke, life's serious enough)

Biggest problem might be that he's alone 24/7............wai.gif

In the last year I went through 2 similar situations. 2 friends of mine, one British, one German had strokes, were sent to hospital, one braindead, the other in a very bad state and no relatives here, only back i n UK and Germany. Both times it was a nightmare. Forget about the embassies. As long as they need you, they will use you. When they no longer need your help, they will give a fxxx and then you will hear sentences like:" You are no relative. We cannot tell you. It is up to the family." The hospital will create maximum bills and keep the people on lifesupport as long as they can pay the bill. The hospital staff and the Thai family will try to play games with you. After that they will turn off the lifesupport and will keep the dead body as a deposit untill somebody pays the outstanding bills. Otherwise the bodies will be cremated anonymosly and buried somewhere. On top of that I had to deal with greedy Thai, British and German familymembers. They all wanted their share. MY advice: Don't get too much involved, you will regrett it. If there is no hope for the German guy, tell the hospital there is no more money and let him die. The Thai GF should empty every bankaccount of him here in Th, before he dies. Let the Geman Embassy (02 287 9000, Herr Moreth, [email protected]) deal with the family and the bills in the hospital. The British Embassy did a little bit better job, but both were no real help for the people, really dealing with the problems. Really sad and disappointing experiences I've made last year. Everybody in a similar situation should be well prepared for an event like this.

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 1

In the last year I went through 2 similar situations. 2 friends of mine, one British, one German had strokes, were sent to hospital, one braindead, the other in a very bad state and no relatives here, only back i n UK and Germany. Both times it was a nightmare. Forget about the embassies. As long as they need you, they will use you. When they no longer need your help, they will give a fxxx and then you will hear sentences like:" You are no relative. We cannot tell you. It is up to the family." The hospital will create maximum bills and keep the people on lifesupport as long as they can pay the bill. The hospital staff and the Thai family will try to play games with you. After that they will turn off the lifesupport and will keep the dead body as a deposit untill somebody pays the outstanding bills. Otherwise the bodies will be cremated anonymosly and buried somewhere. On top of that I had to deal with greedy Thai, British and German familymembers. They all wanted their share. MY advice: Don't get too much involved, you will regrett it. If there is no hope for the German guy, tell the hospital there is no more money and let him die. The Thai GF should empty every bankaccount of him here in Th, before he dies. Let the Geman Embassy (02 287 9000, Herr Moreth, [email protected]) deal with the family and the bills in the hospital. The British Embassy did a little bit better job, but both were no real help for the people, really dealing with the problems. Really sad and disappointing experiences I've made last year. Everybody in a similar situation should be well prepared for an event like this.

Your experience last year is just another sad story of people trying to live in this country, Hanuman!!

The German embassy is just a better joke,to be honest. Biggest problem now is to deal with the greedy German wife. She sent only 19,000 baht last month and she’ll continue doing so.

It’s her fault as SHE never wanted to have a divorce, as her lower tax payments seemed to be more important than a divorce.

Would the German bloke be married to the Thai woman, she’d receive the full pension; he’d have better chances being married to a Thai, having house papers, would also enable him to receive the 30 baht treatment.

There would be a life insurance, when he dies, she’d receive good money plus a monthly pension. The German witch will receive money instead when this guy’s leaving this planet.

This German witch came to see me a few years ago with her new stupid partner she’d met at a mental hospital, just to let me know that they don’t want him back in a German place for elders if something would go wrong with him, as she’d have to pay some extra money from her pension.

So much about her freaking character….

I’m trying to get some things sorted out; being a kind of in the middle is pretty much strange.

Five hospital bills have to be paid. She did send me some money, but that’s only enough money for two out of already five bills. But that’s only for Ubon hospital; Sisaket is also waiting to get money.

There wouldn’t be a problem now, if the German woman wasn’t so selfish to think only about her own pocket, paying fewer taxes and receiving a life insurance when he dies.

She denied that one exists, but I pretty much doubt that.

The German guy on the other hand must also be very stupid that he continued being married to her, not even asking for a divorce after he’d found out that the blitch had another gig back in Germany, which had happened even before he came to live in Thailand.

wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

If she wants to inherit something, she has to take over his debts as well. Inform the embassy that she keeps part of his pension and let them deal with her. They can make her pay, it is her duty to help her husband.

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 1

Sorry that I can't wave a wand to send assistance but can only tell you that whatever you give or do to help will be appreciated. Do what you can and let life take it's course. Not many would take the time and effort as yourself. I tip my hat to you mate.

"Hanuman" called me yesterday and we had a chat for more than one hour.It's really great to know that there're people around like you.

"Take your time for your friends. before time's taking them away from you" makes perfect sense to me now.

The German embassy received an e-mail and I do hope that something will change sooner or later. The German witch sent another nasty mail, just showing her own perverted character.

Seems the 72 year old German is on his way to recover, we need a Physiotherapist who comes to the hospital on daily basis, as he's already too long in a hospital.

I thought it can't be that expensive, does anybody know people who come to the hospital in Ubon to do some Physiotherapy?

Guess a better blood circulation through some exercises will also help him to recover faster. wai.gif

"Hanuman" called me yesterday and we had a chat for more than one hour.It's really great to know that there're people around like you.

"Take your time for your friends. before time's taking them away from you" makes perfect sense to me now.

The German embassy received an e-mail and I do hope that something will change sooner or later. The German witch sent another nasty mail, just showing her own perverted character.

Seems the 72 year old German is on his way to recover, we need a Physiotherapist who comes to the hospital on daily basis, as he's already too long in a hospital.

I thought it can't be that expensive, does anybody know people who come to the hospital in Ubon to do some Physiotherapy?

Guess a better blood circulation through some exercises will also help him to recover faster. wai.gif

there are some good people on this board and you are definitely one of them. Hope you get all the good karma you deserve for your efforts. Truly heartwarming to see people get involved helping people they don't even know much.

WB

• Like 2

-sirchai-

For the German, if he is in no position to make his own decisions, you should ask the German Embassy to help that he gets a -Sachwalter- usualy, a Lawyer or Goverment official, who can, should make the decisions for him.

All his Pension would come in a Bankaccount and the SACHWALTER would decide about the money.

In the way what is best for HIM, the patient!

The wife in Germany would only get a part of it,

same the German law says, 30-40 % I would think.

If he is brought back to Germany, he would also have cover from his Pension health insurance!

I am Austrian, sit in Udon Thani and Chayaphum and speak of course, German.

Could contact the German Embassy if I have all details, name, hospital, ect.

The English guy, I would contact the English Embassy with his details of name and circumstances and let them try to deal with the situation.

Find relatives and possible bring him back to "Great Britain"

2 Years ago an Austrian Expat was brought to Bangkoks Austrian Embassy from Sihanoukville in Cambodia with a brain tumor who already made him a vegetable!

The Expat community paid together and financed the transport to Thailand.

The Embassy made than everything else, Hospital check in TH, transport to Vienna with a Doctor.

Transport to a Hospital in Vienna and organized the operation.

He died some month later from an infection, never getting back his full brain functions.

Also his family, a sister, did not want to have any involvement in that story!

He left behind a just born, Babygirl in Cambodia which he never saw, he left for TH before and a young Cambodian GF.

She was unlucky, as he wanted to marry her legally, papers at the Embassy already, but died to early.

The GF would have a Pension as mother of the child, (Austrian law!) but in that way nothing.

I helped her, to get a small Pension for the child until its 18th Birthday.

At least, good money for Cambodia!

• Like 1

Sirchai, i'm really touched by your compassion.

i plan a visit to Isan (from singapore) in some weeks. maybe i can bring some medicine or physio stuff? i am not skilled in physio but i have doctor friends who can dispense meds.

i would also be glad to visit. i volunteer at a hospice in singapore. i can understand how it feels to be forgotten.

• Like 1

-sirchai-

For the German, if he is in no position to make his own decisions, you should ask the German Embassy to help that he gets a -Sachwalter- usualy, a Lawyer or Goverment official, who can, should make the decisions for him.

All his Pension would come in a Bankaccount and the SACHWALTER would decide about the money.

In the way what is best for HIM, the patient!

The wife in Germany would only get a part of it,

same the German law says, 30-40 % I would think.

If he is brought back to Germany, he would also have cover from his Pension health insurance!

I am Austrian, sit in Udon Thani and Chayaphum and speak of course, German.

Could contact the German Embassy if I have all details, name, hospital, ect.

The English guy, I would contact the English Embassy with his details of name and circumstances and let them try to deal with the situation.

Find relatives and possible bring him back to "Great Britain"

2 Years ago an Austrian Expat was brought to Bangkoks Austrian Embassy from Sihanoukville in Cambodia with a brain tumor who already made him a vegetable!

The Expat community paid together and financed the transport to Thailand.

The Embassy made than everything else, Hospital check in TH, transport to Vienna with a Doctor.

Transport to a Hospital in Vienna and organized the operation.

He died some month later from an infection, never getting back his full brain functions.

Also his family, a sister, did not want to have any involvement in that story!

He left behind a just born, Babygirl in Cambodia which he never saw, he left for TH before and a young Cambodian GF.

She was unlucky, as he wanted to marry her legally, papers at the Embassy already, but died to early.

The GF would have a Pension as mother of the child, (Austrian law!) but in that way nothing.

I helped her, to get a small Pension for the child until its 18th Birthday.

At least, good money for Cambodia!

Thanks for your advice! The German embassy had already been informed, first payment of 82,000 baht to the hospital will be made this morning. I' know some German myself, guess you've meant a so called " Sachbearbeiter?"\

There's no such thing as a "Pension health insurance." Sorry to hear that about the guy you've helped. The English bloke will be more than happy when people would come by for a few minutes.

I've made some new friends through the old man's illness. Good to know that there're people out there who fit into this world.

Thanks to Ingo.Jackie and of course all the others who helped......wai.gif

There's no such thing as a "Pension health insurance."

there is Sirchai! anybody who draws a pension or "rente" in Germany is automatically (and mandatory) health insured except if he opts out, respectively is allowed to opt out because he/she can prove that cover is availalbe by a private health insurance.

Edited by Naam

there is Sirchai! anybody who draws a pension or "rente" in Germany is automatically (and mandatory) health insured except if he opts out, respectively is allowed to opt out because he/she can prove that cover is availalbe by a private health insurance.

Well, he a kind of opt out, there seems to be a private insurance covering 70%. Another one pays for each day he's staying at a hospital. Just came back, the guy's recovering pretty well.

A special room air conditioned, a fridge, balcony etc makes it much easier for all involved. .

Looking for some Physiotherapy in Ubon now, would be nice to know who's doing a great job in Ubon and comes to the hospital.

The German witch is complicating everything.. Would the Thai be married to the old man, she'd not just get a pension, but also good money from a life insurance when something bad happens. .....wai.gif .

Edited by sirchai

Well, he a kind of opt out, there seems to be a private insurance covering 70%. Another one pays for each day he's staying at a hospital. Just came back, the guy's recovering pretty well.

A special room air conditioned, a fridge, balcony etc makes it much easier for all involved. .

Looking for some Physiotherapy in Ubon now, would be nice to know who's doing a great job in Ubon and comes to the hospital.

The German witch is complicating everything.. Would the Thai be married to the old man, she'd not just get a pension, but also good money from a life insurance when something bad happens. .....wai.gif .

You keep saying "the German witch" without knowing anything about her. You don't seem to know anything about the relationship this guy had with his wife in Germany. As far as anyone knows he may have been a complete a*&^hole to his wife. He may have run off with this Thai woman and left the German wife in the lerch.

I think your language is a bit strong.

You keep saying "the German witch" without knowing anything about her. You don't seem to know anything about the relationship this guy had with his wife in Germany. As far as anyone knows he may have been a complete a*&^hole to his wife. He may have run off with this Thai woman and left the German wife in the lerch.

I think your language is a bit strong.

Sorry, but I've met her before. She came to Thailand, just to let me know if i couldn't find a place for him if something would go wrong with him. She'd left this guy with another man!

That's why he decided to go to Thailand.

She doesn't want him in Germany, as she'd have to pay some money as well, would he be at a place for elders......wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

-Sirchai-

No, not a -Sachbearbeiter-

I ment an official, -Sachwalter-

-trustee-, -guardian-, caretaker.

If a person is to young, or not capable to make his own decisions for reason of a braindamage or coma ect.

A guardian is introduced, instated from the Austrian authorities.

If your German or English patient is in that situation, only Doctors can decide.

Regarding the -Health insurance for Pensioners-

If you are getting a Pension you are automaticly health insured in Austria and Germany, I do not know from the English, but I believe it will be the same.

But you have to be in your homecountry or at least in some associated EU country to get the benefits and priviliges of that insurance.

So if the German or English gets a Goverment Pension and comes back to his own country, he is taken care of by the system, at least in Austria and Germany.

The same was with the Austrian guy with the tumor I wrote about before.

The two German Expats brought the already disoriented man to Bangkok and the Embassy.

From that point on, the Austrian Authorities and Embassy took care of everything.

Both above possibilities should be thought of.

-Sirchai-

No, not a -Sachbearbeiter-

I ment an official, -Sachwalter-

-trustee-, -guardian-, caretaker.

If a person is to young, or not capable to make his own decisions for reason of a braindamage or coma ect.

A guardian is introduced, instated from the Austrian authorities.

If your German or English patient is in that situation, only Doctors can decide.

Regarding the -Health insurance for Pensioners-

If you are getting a Pension you are automaticly health insured in Austria and Germany, I do not know from the English, but I believe it will be the same.

But you have to be in your homecountry or at least in some associated EU country to get the benefits and priviliges of that insurance.

So if the German or English gets a Goverment Pension and comes back to his own country, he is taken care of by the system, at least in Austria and Germany.

The same was with the Austrian guy with the tumor I wrote about before.

The two German Expats brought the already disoriented man to Bangkok and the Embassy.

From that point on, the Austrian Authorities and Embassy took care of everything.

Both above possibilities should be thought of.

Sorry, you're right. Seems that he doesn't need a custodian any more. Seems this word is more used in Austria than Germany, sorry..He's much better now in his "Hong Phiseth".

We all hope he'll get back on his feet. Trying to make some "Beamten"- jokes with him to check his understanding later. He'd worked for the government before and is herewith a "Sesselfurzer"........wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

-Sirchai-

That Goverment health insurance can usualy be reinstated without a big problem as soon as you come back to your homecountry, if you opted out before you left for TH to save some Euros.

If the German is not in the position to make his own decisions, so tell that the German Embassy and they shall look that a -trustee- is instated, introduced.

That would take the wife as a decision maker for the money out of the picture.

Pension for the Thai GF if married with the German,

yes, but to get full pension, some years of marriage, have to be consumed.

Depends also, on the years apart (older) and how many years married and if children together or not.

All together not so easy!

Good that you try your best.

Regarding the English, older patient.

Maybe you should inform the English Embassy with the known facts, names, ect?

It sounds that he has no spouse, GF, Thai family who takes care of him?

What he wants to do? Stay in TH alone, or go back England to recover?

Embassy could help?

Kind regards, good luck

-Sirchai-

That Goverment health insurance can usualy be reinstated without a big problem as soon as you come back to your homecountry, if you opted out before you left for TH to save some Euros.

If the German is not in the position to make his own decisions, so tell that the German Embassy and they shall look that a -trustee- is instated, introduced.

That would take the wife as a decision maker for the money out of the picture.

Pension for the Thai GF if married with the German,

yes, but to get full pension, some years of marriage, have to be consumed.

Depends also, on the years apart (older) and how many years married and if children together or not.

It's a little more complicated. The -still wife- from Germany doesn't want him there. (As the pension wouldn't be enough and she'd have to put some cash on too) And she WON"T like to take care and visit him at a home for elders.

The German wife will receive good money from a life insurance, but she denied that there's one, or more. Haven't met people who worked for the German government who didn't have one.

Anyway, the Thai spouse will see nil, when he goes, the German -still wife witch- (with her third bf now) will receive a pension when he leaves us.

He doesn't want to go to Germany either, considering the circumstances, also understandable.

He's conscious and chances are still good to recover that he can live the rest of his life with his Thai woman. What makes me angry is that the German winch made EVERYTHING that she didn't lose her marital status.

Would he receive his pension on his bank account without the "help" of a selfish woman, there wouldn't be a problem now.

Regarding the British guy, will go to see him too now. He'd told me last week, he'd go home the next day. Dementia....wai.gif

Edited by sirchai