Helping An Old And Very Sick German Man And His Thai Spouse

sirchai

-Sirchai-

That Goverment health insurance can usualy be reinstated without a big problem as soon as you come back to your homecountry, if you opted out before you left for TH to save some Euros.

If the German is not in the position to make his own decisions, so tell that the German Embassy and they shall look that a -trustee- is instated, introduced.

That would take the wife as a decision maker for the money out of the picture.

Pension for the Thai GF if married with the German,

yes, but to get full pension, some years of marriage, have to be consumed.

Depends also, on the years apart (older) and how many years married and if children together or not.

It's a little more complicated. The -still wife- from Germany doesn't want him there. (As the pension wouldn't be enough and she'd have to put some cash on too) And she WON"T like to take care and visit him at a home for elders.

The German wife will receive good money from a life insurance, but she denied that there's one, or more. Haven't met people who worked for the German government who didn't have one.

Anyway, the Thai spouse will see nil, when he goes, the German -still wife witch- (with her third bf now) will receive a pension when he leaves us.

He doesn't want to go to Germany either, considering the circumstances, also understandable.

He's conscious and chances are still good to recover that he can live the rest of his life with his Thai woman. What makes me angry is that the German winch made EVERYTHING that she didn't lose her marital status.

Would he receive his pension on his bank account without the "help" of a selfish woman, there wouldn't be a problem now.

Regarding the British guy, will go to see him too now. He'd told me last week, he'd go home the next day. Dementia....wai.gif

I think he should have divorced his German wife years ago, then by now their would nott be any issue.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back from the hospital. John did go home yesterday. If anybody knew him, his body's near the Sapphasit hospital. I can't remember the name of the place. Please ask somebody at Spphasit where John did go to.....(meant his body waiting for you) !

All I could find out was that his daughter might be here tomorrow. But it seems that there's only one thing for sure in life. The death.

The German's recovering well, he can speak and knows what's going on around him.

But there's a new English guy with a kind of liquid in his lungs. They had just sent him from a hospital from upper north-east, where he's teaching English at a high school.

My three semesters studying medicine many moons ago made me understand that he's got bigger problems now, just looking at his X-rays. They're pretty much helpless, as all of us would be in the same situation.

He might be in his mid forties and his wife seems to be a decent woman. He'd just paid in the Thai social security for only two months, but coverage does only exist once you've paid in for three months.

That the assistant director or any guys from his school had promised to take care doesn't mean shit to me. ( Excuse my language, please)

When shit hits the fan, it might not be good for those sitting next to it..........

I'll try to get him into a single room, but now I'm so burned out from seeing and hearing so much sadness, that I'd decided to drink some more beer.

Please, if there's any guy from the UK around, visit him and try to get him out of the death chamber.

This guy hasn't even got the right diagnosis and I don't want to sound like a reborn Mother Theresa.I'm not religious either.

I'm just wondering how many more foreigner here are facing a similar situation. Can't be true that i just run into them........

His name's Steve and you'll find him in building three, fourth floor at Sapphasit hospital, Ubon Ratchthani, (Sapphasit road, near the cops).John was right when he'd told me the other day, he'd go home.....................wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

-Sirchai-

A good deed, kind of -Paying forward- when you look after poor guys you can help.

Sorry, to hear from the 80+ English -Jhon- who now so fast departed!

Did he have no Thai family connections, you know his circumstances? His story in TH, Isan?

His daughter coming from where? Falang or Thai?

Good luck, best wishes.

Just came back from the hospital. John did go home yesterday. If anybody knew him, his body's near the Sapphasit hospital. I can't remember the name of the place. Please ask somebody at Spphasit where John did go to.....(meant his body waiting for you) !

All I could find out was that his daughter might be here tomorrow. But it seems that there's only one thing for sure in life. The death.

The German's recovering well, he can speak and knows what's going on around him.

But there's a new English guy with a kind of liquid in his lungs. They had just sent him from a hospital from upper north-east, where he's teaching English at a high school.

My three semesters studying medicine many moons ago made me understand that he's got bigger problems now, just looking at his X-rays. They're pretty much helpless, as all of us would be in the same situation.

He might be in his mid forties and his wife seems to be a decent woman. He'd just paid in the Thai social security for only two months, but coverage does only exist once you've paid in for three months.

That the assistant director or any guys from his school had promised to take care doesn't mean shit to me. ( Excuse my language, please)

When shit hits the fan, it might not be good for those sitting next to it..........

I'll try to get him into a single room, but now I'm so burned out from seeing and hearing so much sadness, that I'd decided to drink some more beer.

Please, if there's any guy from the UK around, visit him and try to get him out of the death chamber.

This guy hasn't even got the right diagnosis and I don't want to sound like a reborn Mother Theresa.I'm not religious either.

I'm just wondering how many more foreigner here are facing a similar situation. Can't be true that i just run into them........

His name's Steve and you'll find him in building three, fourth floor at Sapphasit hospital, Ubon Ratchthani, (Sapphasit road, near the cops).John was right when he'd told me the other day, he'd go home.....................wai.gif

You are doing a great job. Poor John . Lying in that morgue. If no one comes to claim the John, He will be cremated at that temple behind the hospital.

But it makes you think why so many long-term foreigners living here don't get private health insurance. Peace of mind. I have my health insurance with AIA in Ubon and they have been great. Three years ago I had surgery at Ubon Rat private hospital in Ubon. My AIA reps checked me in and all costs (and I mean all costs) were paid for. From memory the costs were about 36,000 baht. Didn't cost me one satang.

My policy costs about 22,000 baht/year. Also works world-wide. and so can be used as travel insurance.

• Like 1

You are doing a great job. Poor John . Lying in that morgue. If no one comes to claim the John, He will be cremated at that temple behind the hospital.

But it makes you think why so many long-term foreigners living here don't get private health insurance. Peace of mind. I have my health insurance with AIA in Ubon and they have been great. Three years ago I had surgery at Ubon Rat private hospital in Ubon. My AIA reps checked me in and all costs (and I mean all costs) were paid for. From memory the costs were about 36,000 baht. Didn't cost me one satang.

My policy costs about 22,000 baht/year. Also works world-wide. and so can be used as travel insurance.

I'm covered through my social security. Even when I stop working, I can continue paying in around 400 baht/ monthly. Well, they won't pay for a private hospital, but at least it gives me some security.

Thanks for your post, seems to be THE solution for foreigners living here. wai.gif

Good info Mr Peters. Ill be looking into that for self and family. PM me if you think you can get an intro commission

No intro commissions. AIA have family policies which are reasonable. You all (maybe not the kids) will have to have full medical check-ups before signing the policy. They also have good accident insurance for about 4,500 baht/year. For minors only 2,500 baht/year.

Good info Mr Peters. Ill be looking into that for self and family. PM me if you think you can get an intro commission

No intro commissions. AIA have family policies which are reasonable. You all (maybe not the kids) will have to have full medical check-ups before signing the policy. They also have good accident insurance for about 4,500 baht/year. For minors only 2,500 baht/year.

Thanks. I'm still on a former company UK scheme which is excellent but now costs me 160,000 baht pa (yes, really). I'll sign the family up for now and me next summer on renewal (or maybe double up if the family package works out cheap enough). One recommendation from someone who has claims experience is worth countless non-claimant recommendations. Coincidentally I did a U-turn using the fringe of a main highway going into my local amphur town, Kantharalak, yesterday and nearly knocked down the sign for the local AIA office!!

Thanks. I'm still on a former company UK scheme which is excellent but now costs me 160,000 baht pa (yes, really). I'll sign the family up for now and me next summer on renewal (or maybe double up if the family package works out cheap enough). One recommendation from someone who has claims experience is worth countless non-claimant recommendations. Coincidentally I did a U-turn using the fringe of a main highway going into my local amphur town, Kantharalak, yesterday and nearly knocked down the sign for the local AIA office!!

If you want to know my agent's contact numbers etc PM me. They work as a team (husband and wife) and drive anyway in Isaan. Always come to your house. Kantharalak is not far away..

• 2 weeks later...

The older German man had first recovered, now they found out that he's still got two different types of bacteria in his lungs. Now he's back in the big room and he's in a very bad condition.

Now they're talking about an Anemia, Thais would have different blood??? and they're trying to find some Plasma in Bangkok now.

I wanted to know what blood type he's got, but they a kind of overheard that. I'll hopefully find out what blood type he's got today after school, understandable that such a long infection's causing less red cells.

Sad is that they don't really know what they're dealing with. The bacteria would "always change"........."we think"........sad, but true. wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

It's pretty much too late now. He can't speak anymore, is most of the time unconscious and to transport him in an ambulance, then in an airplane seems to be impossible.

" Doctors without borders" were not allowed to work in Thailand anymore. Seems that they couldn't get a work permit..........bah.gif

They helped so many people who had no right to go to a Thai hosp[ital. The land of Whys.

Only found an article in German. http://www.aerzte-oh...land/index.html

It's like starting over again..........wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

no, there is no such law...

as he cant talk anymore, every hooker can claim they had a 15 years "relationship"...

not sure, if authorities would investigate their into much depth...

if he dies, the money source will dry up...

What an evil and horrible comment! I hope karma catches up to you.

-sirchai-

No insurance, but money.

If he should recover try to bring him in a plane. He can sit in a wheelchair, he can fly.

But same you describe his situation, the Airline will not easy accepting him.

Maybe with a Business Class, First Class ticket?

Good luck.wai.gif

He's got worse. The X-Rays don't look good. The intubation's already more than 10 days. A tracheotomy will be done this week, if he can't breathe alone..

Most guys around him already went home to Nirvana.. Not the problem of getting him to another country now, thanks Alfredo!--wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

no, there is no such law...

as he cant talk anymore, every hooker can claim they had a 15 years "relationship"...

not sure, if authorities would investigate their into much depth...

if he dies, the money source will dry up...

What an evil and horrible comment! I hope karma catches up to you.

Seems that it already had caught him......wai.gif

If only the world was full of people like Sirchai.

I know you are not searching for karma but I hope you find it.

Thanks a lot. I do believe in "Karma". An American "friend" having a beer together last weekend was asking me: " Why are you doing all that stuff to help this old guy?"

I wanted to answer: " Because selfish guys like you'd never do so, but would expect others to be there when you need them."

But I answered: " Because I know him and he needs help." Hope you Mr. S. will read that and start to think.

Thanks for all the nice people on this forum who really helped so much. Ian wanted to fly from Bangkok to Ubon to donate blood without any financial interest.

Kevjohn and Scully, thank you.

Thomas with his good advice helping others before. This world isn't that bad knowing there're people out there like you-----wai.gif

post-108180-0-79512300-1346893194_thumb.

post-108180-0-61898400-1346893196_thumb.

post-108180-0-27425700-1346893197_thumb.

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Rest in Peace

(from a fellow farang in Uthumphon Phisai.)

Could you please inform "Horst", living a few km's further in a village around 10 km away from Gerd? Don't really know other foreigners there-wai.gif

sad to hear about gerhard, he lived about 5 minutes away from me. I haven't seen him for a long time, because he moved to sisaket, after splitting with his lady. I guess they must have got back together before the end.RIP gerhard.

They actually got together again about 15 moons ago. Let's keep him in mind the way he was.---wai.gif

My condolences to his loved ones.

And a big thumbs up to sirchai for taking such interest in his fellow human beings.

Thanks a lot Mario! It ain't over till it's over. Now the whole "Pick the greedy guys at the airport up stuff" starts, organizing a merit, looking for suitable monks with a good command in Sanskrit and other important stuff that's not really necessary.

Nat, a very cool tourist police cop will make all the document BS,, otherwise you wouldn't get the body out of the hospital. Normally loads of documents needed, a visit to the "superficial German embassy" in Bangkok and other nonsense.

Translations of document # 1 in Nepalese,# 2 in Tagalog and another one must be in lower Saxony German.

Then some booze, food, just the usual things that kill your free time and might help you to be hangover.

Aeehh what was it again? Madam from Germania wanted to have a suite in Sisaket, or was it in Ubon? Sorry, there's no 5 star hotel and you shouldn't spend other peoples' money to feel better than others.

I'm planning to pick them up at the airport in Ubon tomorrow, having my deceased friend, who WAS her husband in the back of the Pick Up truck. I know that Thais are scared to do that, would his still wife act like most of Thais?

Okay, will try to bring my friend home and pick them up at the same time.For those who knew Gerhard, it's pretty sure that he'll go to Nirvana on Tuesday, guess afternoon.

A never ending story seems to have an end soon. Wish you all a healthy and good life. ---wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

I would pay to see the look on there face when you tell them to put there bags in the back of the pickup priceless:lol: but you can stand tall good on you

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

Dude, I need somebody doing that for me.My wife means it isn't good to do that, The ghosts and all....

C'mon I said, just wanna bring my friend back home.

Can't do such things without a monk.

Maybe a little movie....of course I couldn't drive to the entrance door of arrival, but at the parking lot would do the trick.

Their faces would immediately turn white, without skin whitener......wai.gif

• Like 1