Helping An Old And Very Sick German Man And His Thai Spouse

sirchai

Like your style sirchai. RESPECT!

Sorry I have had no luck tracking down 'Horst' in & around U Pisai.

Hope all goes well and there isn't much of a bun-fight.

Well Horst had to quit drinking alcohol and it seems that he's too busy to watch that Thais are not entering his whirlpool house in the middle of nowhere...Anyway, he wasn't a good friend of Gerhard, so no worries. wai.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-sirchai-

Good deed, for sure, how you tried to help that two old boys. Hats off! thumbsup.gif

That idea, pick up the wife from airport withe deceased on the Pick Up, I do not know, I would not dare to do that.

But I do not know all the facts.

Best wishes, would be interesting to read more in the next days. Thank you.

Gerhard was cremated this morning around 11 in his own garden next to the temple. i had the last two days off, but I wish I could turn time back.

Had to go back to school today, his daughter and her husband are still there in Uthumphon Phisai.

I haven't seen and experienced so many weird things in my whole life, only mother's little helpers give me the feeling that i can try to forget what just happened.

Some music will be played tomorrow evening for those who'd like to go there. I won't enter this house anymore. RIP Gerd------wai.gif

-sirchai-

Thanks for the update.

Heads up, you did good.

I read once,

=First I read the obituaries in the morning and then I am pleased that I not see my name in it.=

That is kind of positive thinking and how to start a day in good spirits.wai.gif

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I was having dinner with an old friend last night and I asked him how old Dr John was. He passed away a months ago my friend said. All alone in Sappasit hospital aged 92. I couldn't believe the story he then told me about his family in Ubon. He had family. Two children aged about 14 and 18 here in Ubon. His Thai wife was killed in a road accident 5 years ago so old Dr John struggled to bring the two kids up. Dr John was fairly well known in the Ubon expat community. I only knew him from occasionally talking to him in Tesco Lotus. He loved to cook. Done a ton of things in his wife from being a doctor in England, then Australia and then Hong Kong. He always seemed to have tons of money when he talked. And to die like that. I couldn't get over it. Even his Thai children didn't come to visit him. A very sad ending.

I guess there is more to this story than what I know.

When I read this in Thai Visa last year I never made the connection.

Short update:

He's British. Mr. John William Stanley Rutter, born on March 12th 1928. Oranges seem to make him happy.......

He's in building three, fourth floor.-----

Posted 2012-08-14 22:20:01

Just came back from the hospital. John did go home yesterday. If anybody knew him, his body's near the Sapphasithospital. I can't remember the name of the place. Please ask somebody at Spphasit where John did go to.....(meant his body waiting for you) !

All I could find out was that his daughter might be here tomorrow. But it seems that there's only one thing for sure inlife. The death.

Very sad story and a warning of the dangers of having no back up plan when you fall ill due to old age.Their natural families cruelly wanting nothing to do with them,now they were past their respective 'sell-by-dates' and could no longer provide financial support.They discarded them,absolutely disgraceful!

The good part of this story is that neither of these guys died alone,without having a friend near and looking over them.

Step forward Sir Chai,I salute you!wai.gif