Pilot 111 Question

Backwoods

Can you buy takle there also or just bait for the talapia! I hate to get out there and not have right lures or lose some and not be able to replace them! And , how is the talpia fishing there, that is my wifes favorite fish to catch!?

They have a very limited supply of tackle in (basically) a cabinet, but you're much better off bringing what you need.

I didn't fish for the tilapia, but caught one anyway on a non-descript insect looking fly.

Giant snakehead, barramundi and knife fish are most likely to hit what I throw at them.

Nice folks, good food from the kitchen, pleasant surroundings, and reasonable prices.

Oh, and the fishing was okay, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Small talapia are normaly used to feed the fish at pilot but the bigger ones (survivors) are sometimes caught but not targeted, I think its safe to say nobody goes there with the intention of catching talapia,

The main target are giant snakeheads, barramundi, but of late i found the redtail catfish to be more fun...it just takes a while to find the lure that works but redtails seem to like it slow and do amazing strong runs on light tackle,

On my last visit with 2 friends we took a walk down to the pacu pond, Most people dont try it more than one time as they are considered to difficult, It took about 40 minutes to find a lure that worked for them but 2 lures were lost trying (they go through i 50lb flouro carbon leader in 1 bite) we then took the front hook set off to keep the teeth away from the leader and landed 20 in around 2 hours.

I want to toss at the barramundi as well, but wife likes Talapia to eat a nd catch so may try there sometime this comming week!

There is only one pond where bait fishing is allowed and that has siamese carp only..never seen anyone fish there,

Apart from that the rules of the venue are lure and fly only as i understand.