Phuket Police Investigate Apparent Stabbing Suicide By Swiss Expat

webfact

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Teerak [My love] Can't stop loving you - wish you all the best - you are the woman of my dreams - good by

not sure, if a 50something swiss banker would make such a mistake?

to me it sounds also a bit very "blethering"...

...and, why was his wife not there?

it appears strange, that people wake up in the morning, and stab themselves, first thing...

whats wrong with his usage of are?

It's true. Many of us have become extremely suspicious when it comes to the strange ways foreigners supposedly take their own lifes in this country. But then again...

Where was the wife that it warranted 80 phone calls and such a pitiful "suicide" note? Looks to me like the wife had left the Swiss and he thought she wouldn't return.

Why didn't she pick up the phone? What was she busy with that she ignored 80 phone calls? Maybe she just wanted to "punish" the Swiss...

Why was she found crying lying next to his corpse? When exactly did she return and why and from where?

Self-stabbing is certainly an extremely uncommon method of committing suicide (unless you're an ancient Roman, of course). Why is the police coming to conclusions so fast?

How authentic is that suicide note? Is it in the deceased's handwriting? Can this handwriting be verified? Is it not too early to attribute it to the Swiss man without comparing the handwriting?

Has the Swiss man's mobile phone been checked? Have some 80 phone calls to his wife's number been made? If yes, in which time window, prior or after the estimated time of death? What were the intervals between individual calls?

I am NOT saying the man has NOT committed suicide. I am merely implying that it is too early to come to preconceived and easy conclusions. But our BiB are great at that, especially when foreigners are the victims. Remember those 2 Canadian girls on Phi Phi? The local police almost immediately came forward branding their deaths as "clear cases of food poisoning". Likewise for the several deaths in one single Chiang Mai hotel last year. Those also were touted as " cases of food poisoning".

Some truly epic speculation from someone who could not even be bothered to properly read the OP.

Sure a Farang stabbed himself to death successfully over his Thai wife. Only in Thailand is this possible or believable. A little more probing on the police's part will uncover the obvious but my guess is it will be considered a suicide and case closed.

Sure a Farang stabbed himself to death successfully over his Thai wife. Only in Thailand is this possible or believable. A little more probing on the police's part will uncover the obvious but my guess is it will be considered a suicide and case closed.

The Phuket BiB have already wrapped up their investigation and what you see is what you get. To me, it may be possible, but is not believable. The only way any additional investigation will be done is if someone is paying the BiB on the side to actually do their job.

“Teerak [My love] Can't stop loving you - wish you all the best - you are the woman of my dreams - good by

not sure, if a 50something swiss banker would make such a mistake?

to me it sounds also a bit very "blethering"...

...and, why was his wife not there?

it appears strange, that people wake up in the morning, and stab themselves, first thing...

whats wrong with his usage of are?

i thought were would one use under such circumstances...

The Phuket BiB have already wrapped up their investigation and what you see is what you get. To me, it may be possible, but is not believable. The only way any additional investigation will be done is if someone is paying the BiB on the side to actually do their job.

Read the last sentence of the PG's report, unless there's a follow up I have missed.

Agree with most on here that it is an 'unusual' method of suicide, as there is a pretty good chance of survival and would inflict a lot of pain. South London reggae singer Smiley Culture killed himself with a knife in the chest but the police were in the next room, having just raided him for dealing drugs. So somewhat different circumstances.

COMPLETE AN UTTER BULLSHIT

My god this place is getting worse

Has anyone heard of a Suicide by stabbing yourself in the chest blink.png

But of course the Police will be happy to go with that conclusion

DK

This way to commit suicide is known to have happened but it is very rare. The article does not say where in the chest the wound was. And for the victim to pull out the knife after having pushed it into his chest, I just do not believe that. Which hand did the victim hold the knife in and is it his number one hand? How did he hold the knife when found, pointing down or up? Was his chest clothed or naked? And fruit knife? Those are usually not very sharp so it would take some force to make it go in deep enough into the chest. There are so many things here that point toward murder.

<p>What must be considered here is the opinion of "experts" on this matter, particularly with regard to the question of whether the victim would maintain sufficient functioning and strength to withdraw the knife after being plunged deepl

and possibly also the angle of the stabbing...

if he was stabbed while sitting or lying on his bed, then the stabber could have stabbed in an angle from top to bottom, would be normal, particlarly if one needs to use much force (?)...

such a position of a knife in a chest wouldnt look like suicide - maybe the reason it was removed?

but its possibly also common, that a stabber pulls it out "instinctively"...

ok, could be also more likely to stab yourself from such an angle...

Edited by biggunguy

There are certainly easier means to kill yourself...but stabbing your self seems highly suspect.

You buy pills at any pharmacy here to do the trick.

Stabbing yourself to death seems so bizzare.

I too find that rather suspect! I don't believe I have ever read about anyone doing that.coffee1.gifsad.png

Anyway, a depressed person is unlikely to take their life this way - although, I suppose, its possible.

.....and you know this how? Are you a qualified person? Are you a clinical psychologist? A psychiatrist even?

Or, is this just a personal opinion that isn't backed up by any evidence?

You usually post with some sensibility and intelligence, what is with you today? Anyway you do not have to be a qualified psychiatrist to see this. The information is easily available on the net. The use of knives for suicide is less than 2 % and then it is mainly for slashing wrists and the like. Using the knife for actually stabbing yourself is very rare indeed although it has happened. See also Seppuku or Hara-kiri which is an elaborate way of doing it. But you claim that the use of fruit knives is not uncommon and in using that way, you could easily pull the knife out before you are unconscious. Now, what is your ground for this statement?

Also, fyi, recently in China a 21-year old girl died from 13 knife wounds to different parts of her body and one wound that cut her throat. Police say it was suicide.

You usually post with some sensibility and intelligence, what is with you today? Anyway you do not have to be a qualified psychiatrist to see this. The information is easily available on the net. The use of knives for suicide is less than 2 % and then it is mainly for slashing wrists and the like. Using the knife for actually stabbing yourself is very rare indeed although it has happened. See also Seppuku or Hara-kiri which is an elaborate way of doing it. But you claim that the use of fruit knives is not uncommon and in using that way, you could easily pull the knife out before you are unconscious. Now, what is your ground for this statement?

Also, fyi, recently in China a 21-year old girl died from 13 knife wounds to different parts of her body and one wound that cut her throat. Police say it was suicide.

You really need to read my posts more carefully.

Firstly, stabbing yourself to death is rare, but, it has happened, so, you admit that it is possible. I have never claimed that it is "uncommon". Don't put words in my mouth that I never said.

Secondly, the case for being able to pull the knife out before unconsciousness is there in my post.

The poor Australian woman that was stabbed in the heart continued walking with her friend until she collapsed. Probably, a lot longer than the time needed to pull out a knife.

The brilliant musician, Elliott Smith, committed suicide by stabbing himself in the chest (twice if i recall) after an argument with his girlfriend. So the 'suicide explanation' is not beyond the realm of possibility, as some suggest, though it's obviously a case that you'd want the police to look very closely at....

I hope he has found peace with himself, rather than torment at the hands of another. If anyone ever reads that I have stabbed myself to death with a knife, I guarantee that I would never even contemplate doing so... I'm very sorry for his families' loss.

Edited by Jimi007

...then call with the victims mobile phone your own (deactivated) phone dozens of times, and leave weird text messages...

they have to establish, where the wifes/called phone was registered (network post) this morning, and what the movements of this phone for the past 24 hours were...

did he really ONLY send text messages?

no voice mail?

Edited by biggunguy

...then call with the victims mobile phone your own (deactivated) phone dozens of times, and leave weird text messages...

they have to establish, where the wifes/called phone was registered (network post) this morning, and what the movements of this phone for the past 24 hours were...

did he really ONLY send text messages?

no voice mail?

I don't have voice mail on my AIS account, never have in 8 years, I get an SMS that I had a missed call from whatever number called me.

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic remark removed

........and the amateur sleuthing continues.

Why post all these "sharp observations" here where they do no good?

Why not call the BiB and give them your ideas? At least have the courage of your convictions. If not, it's just idle gossip by idle gossipers.

surely this forum is for people to express opinions? Your opinion clearly differs from that of the majority (& mine). But you have no evidence that there was no foul play involved, & the balance of probability (especially when history is taken into account), is that there is a lot more to this than has been initially reported.....

your suggestions of calling the police, while obviously joking, are even less helpful than what you apparently consider to be idle speculation.....

He tried to text his wife 80 times and yet she was by his side crying when the police arrived

Right, many things don't add up here.

According to Thairath the wife had been out all night staying at a friend's and refused to return despite him pleading via phone. She said the deceased (Francois Richard Leepert) suffered from depression and was a reclusive character preferring to stay in. He had talked about ending his life before but she'd always talked him out of it. On the 5th, the day before his death, he'd gone out fishing with a friend. She taken the opportunity to go stay at a friend's and when he returned and found her gone he phoned her 80 times but she refused to answer. He sent 2 text messages saying 'Darling I can't stop loving you' and 'You're the woman of my dreams'.

He continued to try to contact her all night until 07:53 on the 6th when he left a final message 'I wish you happiness and good luck'. She finally returned the call and he talked about committing suicide and contacting the police if she didn't return. That was the last phone contact before she went in later in the morning and discovered the body.

Police think it's suicide brought on by his wife leaving him, coupled with the fact the 5 year lease on the house they rented was due to run out that month which may have added to his stress.

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/281723

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/281732

• Like 1

DK

Yes, it can happen! During my medical training, the class was taken to a nearby hospital. During the visit we viewed the body of a man who stabbed himself three times in his chest over the heart. The act was witnessed by most of the people in the bus station and the police who were attempting to talk the man into dropping the knife.

This occurred in San Antonio, Texas (USA). He did himself in because his girlfriend left him! I saw the body two to four hours after he killed himself.

I still have difficulty understanding how a person could stab them self in the chest, inflicting a wound deep enough to damage the heart.

I am not saying this Swiss guy stabbed him self, but it could happen and has happened in ancient European history.

Edited by radiochaser

Yes I agree a load of bull don't believe it for a second, the poor man was murdered for sure probably his wife's Thai boyfriend. Jee the people of this country will stop at nothing to get money get of your dam lazy asses and go work for it same as we did. Enough said crooked cops too will do anything for money sure tis only an auld foreigner.

R.I.P Mr. Leepert

Open and shut case, oooooooooop's sorry, for the BiB.

Sadly not for the diseased. sad.png

Where do they mention that somebody had a disease?

Seems to me that he did it the old fashioned Samurai way Harakiri, or Seppuku. With all respect to his family and friends, would somebody commit suicide because he's missing his "Tirac"?

Something smells really fishy here and it's not fermented fish.

And as another poster had already mentioned, it's an old fashioned sport in Switzerland. Another question.

How many Thais end their lives this way? Truly a questionable and very fishy story.........Rest in Peace....wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

DK

Yes i have!!

But i'm afraid it also happened in Thailand here on Koh phangan a few months ago a outside 7/11 on the west coast area.

The story made front page news in thai news paper including photo of a man lying with a knive sticking from his chest.( English i was told)

I was not at the scene but hear the news from local chat from thai friends,he went a little crazy,threatened people with the knive then..... Apparently fell over and stuck it in his chest blink.png .

I tried to follow up the story with searches on the internet for weeks after and still till present there was no reports anywhere,including here on thai visa.

I currently know of Two other more recent deaths here on koh phangan and not a single thing anywhere. The latest Two i was informed were drug related,but why or how is it not possible to find info when you have a name,location etc. Surely these records must get published,if it can make front page thai news WHY can they never be found?

He tried to text his wife 80 times and yet she was by his side crying when the police arrived

Right, many things don't add up here.

According to Thairath the wife had been out all night staying at a friend's and refused to return despite him pleading via phone. She said the deceased (Francois Richard Leepert) suffered from depression and was a reclusive character preferring to stay in. He had talked about ending his life before but she'd always talked him out of it. On the 5th, the day before his death, he'd gone out fishing with a friend. She taken the opportunity to go stay at a friend's and when he returned and found her gone he phoned her 80 times but she refused to answer. He sent 2 text messages saying 'Darling I can't stop loving you' and 'You're the woman of my dreams'.

He continued to try to contact her all night until 07:53 on the 6th when he left a final message 'I wish you happiness and good luck'. She finally returned the call and he talked about committing suicide and contacting the police if she didn't return. That was the last phone contact before she went in later in the morning and discovered the body.

Police think it's suicide brought on by his wife leaving him, coupled with the fact the 5 year lease on the house they rented was due to run out that month which may have added to his stress.

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/281723

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/281732

At last someone has checked facts before commenting. I was starting to believe all the scared people.

It looks like he drove his own head into a mental rage. 4 or 5 calls or sms and I would just wait and give up calling.

It is sad that his life ended in such a way.

RIP