New Requirements For Non Native English Speakers

sirchai

We've never had any non-native speaker get an initial work permit without the TOEIC. I don't know if it is generally possible because we don't send them for the non-immigrant B visa until we have all the paperwork in order for the Teacher's License (or waiver) and the Work Permit.

We've never had any non-native speaker get an initial work permit without the TOEIC. I don't know if it is generally possible because we don't send them for the non-immigrant B visa until we have all the paperwork in order for the Teacher's License (or waiver) and the Work Permit.

As I had already mentioned, I wouldn't mind doing one. But it was never an issue here in lower north east.

Could be different when applying for new visa and work permit next May.wai.gif

Non-native English speakers should have taken the exam when they started. It's not customary for the authorities to go through previous files and then figure it out. It's possible, but in my experience, it's not common. A error in the favor of a teacher generally goes undetected until/unless they change job and need to start the process over.

scott,

would you please put more flesh on the bones of this waiver you are talking about ? i havent the faintest idea as to what it is,well i have been teaching in thailand for almost two years, and i am a native speaker, i have got a non b, do you think i should take this exam for the extention of my non b? as it runs out in september, a friend of mine who i have known for over a year is in the same boat as me, the only difference is that he is not a native speaker!,

what do you think he should do?, do you think he should take the exam ?

many thanks in advance for your answers

Will

scott,

would you please put more flesh on the bones of this waiver you are talking about ? i havent the faintest idea as to what it is,well i have been teaching in thailand for almost two years, and i am a native speaker, i have got a non b, do you think i should take this exam for the extention of my non b? as it runs out in september, a friend of mine who i have known for over a year is in the same boat as me, the only difference is that he is not a native speaker!,

what do you think he should do?, do you think he should take the exam ?

many thanks in advance for your answers

Will

It's as if all the previous discussion on this never existed. Start here:

http://www.ksp.or.th/Khurusapha/en/

and then use the search bar on this forum to fill the gaps.

• Like 2