Mae Sot Hit By Floods As Moei Bursts It Banks

webfact

I hope they didn't only focus on their precautions against flooding in the known area's and that they checked out each and every bank...

For some reason I don't really feel comfortable with the coming events...

I do really think that this abject government should call time on making brazen claims that inevitably come back to haunt them later....Bangkok will not flood.....there will be no more floods next year etc: Why don't they just try to sort the country out and look after the interests of the people instead of feathering their own nests and worrying about the concerns of one selfish b******!!!!!

Here here. Now, if only some of the indigenous population would stand up and echo these words instead of worrying if they're going to upset anyone's feelings. It is the duty of this, past and future governments to protect the people.

Not to worry. The PM will soon fly in a helicopter to the area and fix the problems. Of course with help from her knowledgeable and intelligent redshirts.

I am trying to think of something sarcastic to say, but the whole story simply leaves me blank with exasperation. Ahhh... here it goes...

Imagine being forced to stop what you are doing because nature is knocking on your door... AGAIN! Imagine not being able to do what you want to do and to be able to ignore the obvious! How irritating can that be for a simple mind?

Thats a bit of an ignorant thing to say ( How irritating can that be for a simple mind?) sad.png

Could you be more specific, please? I don't follow you.

I am trying to think of something sarcastic to say, but the whole story simply leaves me blank with exasperation. Ahhh... here it goes...

Imagine being forced to stop what you are doing because nature is knocking on your door... AGAIN! Imagine not being able to do what you want to do and to be able to ignore the obvious! How irritating can that be for a simple mind?

Thats a bit of an ignorant thing to say ( How irritating can that be for a simple mind?) sad.png

Could you be more specific, please? I don't follow you.

I went through floods here in Aus and do understand the impact it has on any person or any community. It was your comment implying that Thais have a simple mind and not understand the impact. I only say that you imply that against Thais as this post is talking about Thais and that i find a very ignorant comment

My thoughts are with everyone that has been impacted by these floods...That's where all the positive energy on this forum should come from right now 'Us'...the ones who are fortunate enough to be home this evening drinking a beer and with loved ones..Doesn't matter whose fault it is or which scientist made the wrong call...some poor b...ard out there is suffering yet again due to mother natures elements.For those of you out there in the northern provinces/sticks who have families..my prayers and heart is with you all!

• Like 1

Does anybody know if this is affecting the Mae Sot refugee camp?

The concern would be the Mae Thao clinic and not the camps which tend to be in the hills a distance from town. If there are reports that the airport in Mae Sot has been impacted then there is probably a similar impact at the clinic.

I do really think that this abject government should call time on making brazen claims that inevitably come back to haunt them later....Bangkok will not flood.....there will be no more floods next year etc: Why don't they just try to sort the country out and look after the interests of the people instead of feathering their own nests and worrying about the concerns of one selfish b******!!!!!

As I have said on many previous occasions, the good lady's pledges that there will be no further flooding in Thailand are based upon exactly what!?

The current government has only one agenda point, and it continues to cause enormous rifts in society. If some focus were to be placed on actually putting an effective infrastructure in place that would ensure that were no more floods, then there is no doubt that they would have greater widespread support.

But instead, they choose to focus on how to bring back their fuehrer...!! This WILL be their undoing!

I was wondering if there forefathers set up cities in areas subject to flood or did they stay back from those areas. I know here in Chiang Mai the old city is over a mile away from the river.

Or is that some more of the western progress we brought them.

The way things are going with extreme weather and climate change, wherever you are in the World, "Always live on a hill" might be a good rule to observe if you are lucky enough to have the choice.The Earth's atmosphere is warming so there will be more and more evaporation from the Oceans. And what goes up must come down again somewhere or other!

OPPS No flooding this year someone said whistling.gif

I believe that the context of that statement was that there would not be a repeat of the severe flooding in Bangkok again this year. In any case it is as though you would like to blame the Thai officials for the weather- I'll bet that if I got a couple of beers in you I could get you to believe that the prediction is related to a corrupt pay-off somewhere.tongue.png

Here here. Now, if only some of the indigenous population would stand up and echo these words instead of worrying if they're going to upset anyone's feelings. It is the duty of this, past and future governments to protect the people.

Not to worry. The PM will soon fly in a helicopter to the area and fix the problems. Of course with help from her knowledgeable and intelligent redshirts.

I guess you mean the next year problems, right ?

Now this is what I call a reality check!!!!! Excellent post...... Kerry

The op reported Mae Sot not Bangkok.......

• Like 1

Hmmm more flooding

will it have a knock on effect downstream , in the industrial manufacturing regions .

sorry sir , delivery on your new car is delayed, it is now floating away ,

have a nice day .

• 3 weeks later...