Waggler Fishing

kawapower

Gotta be honest, I have several videos about waggler fishing and I don't even remember what it is. I guess they didn't make a big impression after I watched them, but I'm more into predator fishing with lures and flies.

Post back if it works for you. I can't imagine there are no more effective methods than throwing out a big old ball of lam or bread under a bobber and waiting....

Gotta be honest, I have several videos about waggler fishing and I don't even remember what it is. I guess they didn't make a big impression after I watched them, but I'm more into predator fishing with lures and flies.

Post back if it works for you. I can't imagine there are no more effective methods than throwing out a big old ball of lam or bread under a bobber and waiting....

I will be trying it on my next trip, but will also be using freeline with bread and Lum.

it's a popular method in some of the bangkok parks for the smaller species. Tilapia, small carp like yeesok, smaller snakehead and gobi like pla boo.

To be honest it's a lot of hard work compared to normal Thai methods and it tends to be for fishing fanatics who adore European methods.

it's a popular method in some of the bangkok parks for the smaller species. Tilapia, small carp like yeesok, smaller snakehead and gobi like pla boo.

To be honest it's a lot of hard work compared to normal Thai methods and it tends to be for fishing fanatics who adore European methods.

Yep it needs concentration, but it did seem to get the bigger fish but can't really see why that would be, maybe it's because you are striking at every little twitch rather than waiting for the bait runner to tear off, will give it a try on my next trip next month.

Yep it needs concentration, but it did seem to get the bigger fish but can't really see why that would be, maybe it's because you are striking at every little twitch rather than waiting for the bait runner to tear off, will give it a try on my next trip next month.

I think the method would have the ability to catch all sizes of fish if they are in the area. The skill being in your placement and depth setting. The smaller fish will be much better suited to homing in on a smaller bait and will probably be found hiding around structure for protection but out in open water the giants could take your bait. Mekong catfish feed on tiny algae and microscopic plankton like organisms. Being a catfish their sense of smell/taste is probably their primary food finding sense. The siamese carps sense of smell is also great but if it's like common carp its food sources are probably more often found in weed but rising during hatches. Small insects and tougher prey (mollusks, shrimp) that it can crunch with it's pharyngeal teeth.

In gnao nam setting your bait in the top metre would mostly catch sawai and pla chin. Down to 2 or 3 metres, sawai and bueks. On the bottom sawai, bueks and carp. Carp seem massively outnumbered there though.