Korat Motorcycle Rental V. Buying

longball53098

Hey All,,,,,my girl and i are going to the Korat area for a few weeks to a month,,,,,,,,,she has family in the area and will be back from time to time over the next year. I am interested in renting a bike,,,,125cc or 150cc for getting around for the month but if there are used bikes available i would think buying a decent used machine would be the better way to go for the long term. :o

Anybody know of a rental shop or a place to buy used machines in Korat? Or a rental shop? Where is it exactly or a name and number?

Will be in the area next week but back in Feb for the 3 or 4 week stay

Any help ASAP will be a plus

Edited by longball53098

Korat doesn’t really have any shops that rent bikes as there is not much of a market for it. I seem to remember that a couple of the shops that sell second hand bikes will rent them out but only short term and at pretty high prices.

You can find second hand bike shops all over town, used bikes do tend to hold their value and there is not a vast difference between the price of a nearly new and a second hand machine.

If I were you I would do a deal with a second hand shop where you buy a used bike and sell it back to them.

Failing that if you were to rent a bike say in Chiang Mai or Pattaya etc you can get a nearly new bike for between 2000/3000 baht a month and take it anywhere in the country.

Hey Ken have you got shares in Mikes bar or does he pay you to do his advertising?

Korat doesn’t really have any shops that rent bikes as there is not much of a market for it. I seem to remember that a couple of the shops that sell second hand bikes will rent them out but only short term and at pretty high prices.

You can find second hand bike shops all over town, used bikes do tend to hold their value and there is not a vast difference between the price of a nearly new and a second hand machine.

If I were you I would do a deal with a second hand shop where you buy a used bike and sell it back to them.

Failing that if you were to rent a bike say in Chiang Mai or Pattaya etc you can get a nearly new bike for between 2000/3000 baht a month and take it anywhere in the country.

Hey Ken have you got shares in Mikes bar or does he pay you to do his advertising?

Hey Ken and Steve,,,,thanks for the info,I'll be heading up tomorrow early for the day so I'lll check into your great suggestions.

Thanks again

longball