Prescription Eye Glasses

CMNightRider

I purchased prescription eye glasses about 18 months ago from Tokyo Optics at Airport Plaza Mall. The lens were hardened plastic, that transitioned from clear to shaded lens as you stepped into the daylight. Recently the lens started to look as though they are scratched but the people at Tokyo Optics said it was because I must have left them on the dash of my vehicle on a hot day. I wear my glasses all day and don't remove them until I have no need to see, lol. Has anyone had a problem with the quality of lens from Tokyo Optics or can recommend a quality optics store? Tokyo Optics offered to replace the lens for half price but would use the same material lens, so I don't see the point in that. Thanks for any ideas.

I get a similar problem with mine, though not bought from Tokyo Optics. It's almost as if a bubbles are forming under the anti-reflective coating... This is the second time I've run in to problem, but my company tells me that it's because I use them for motorcycle riding. I tried asking them just what facet of wind in my face is going to make bubbles on their lenses but they just shrug it off.

• Like 1

Sorry I don't know the name but there is a shop for glasses about two or three doors down from the UN Irish pub heading towards the moat.

If you don't know where the UN Irish pup is it is on the road inside the moat just across from the corner with Mikes burgers on it. Put your back to Mikes burgers cross the moat and some where around 500 or 600 feet you will find it. If you find the UN Irish pup you went to far. It is in a nice looking building and I believe they have paring in the back.

I am sure some one will be along with a name it is highly recommended.

Maybe Dave 2 has a picture of it.

Sorry I don't know the name but there is a shop for glasses about two or three doors down from the UN Irish pub heading towards the moat.

If you don't know where the UN Irish pup is it is on the road inside the moat just across from the corner with Mikes burgers on it. Put your back to Mikes burgers cross the moat and some where around 500 or 600 feet you will find it. If you find the UN Irish pup you went to far. It is in a nice looking building and I believe they have paring in the back.

On Ratchavitee road, the name is in Thai, see this google map; http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=เชียงใหม่&hl=th&ie=UTF8&ll=18.796786%2C98.976386&spn=0.00259%2C0.004619&hnear=จ.เชียงใหม่&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=18.796786%2C98.976386&panoid=U3ht7Sv8vm4zrf0Ytt9Z-A&cbp=12%2C358.64%2C%2C0%2C0

The name is "Vision Center" and they do indeed have parking in back.

/ Priceless

The name is "Vision Center" and they do indeed have parking in back.

/ Priceless

Thank you Priceless, if you not correct it I will do not know that I posted wrong map.

http://a.northernthailand.com/en/chiangmai-expat-and-residents-info/optometrists/481-vision-center.html

map: http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=google+maps+chiang+Mai&hl=nl&ll=18.790486,98.991969&spn=0.001282,0.002411&hnear=Changwat+Chiang+Mai&gl=th&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=18.790486,98.991969&panoid=28p8F5Ugi0Lv_qTY34RaXw&cbp=12,49.38,,0,0

I had a really good experience recently with Vision Center

The doctor there did a thorough eye test found my old prescription

a bit weak ( not surprised as it was 7 years old ) He seems to have very

good testing equipment. I had also tried another shop & the test was quick &

not thorough. They claimed my script should be xxx which did not match the VC script at all.

Nor did it allow for one slightly stronger eye.

Since I only use for reading & not always they helped me find a very nice frame

& the whole deal cost only 2600 ready later that day.

Also interesting he optimised my prescription for tablet reading

Overall a very good experience with a good staff that was helpful & courteous.

• Like 1

I had a really good experience recently with Vision Center

The doctor there did a thorough eye test found my old prescription

a bit weak ( not surprised as it was 7 years old ) He seems to have very

good testing equipment. I had also tried another shop & the test was quick &

not thorough. They claimed my script should be xxx which did not match the VC script at all.

Nor did it allow for one slightly stronger eye.

Since I only use for reading & not always they helped me find a very nice frame

& the whole deal cost only 2600 ready later that day.

Also interesting he optimised my prescription for tablet reading

Overall a very good experience with a good staff that was helpful & courteous.

He tested my eyes and then checked my glasses told me they were good. Asked about a pair for walking around he said they would not help that much. My idea was to get a pair for walking about he said no they would nor make that much of a difference. Said OK I will just get sun glasses he said good idea.

I think Dave has no problem with that photo it seems to come up pretty regular here.

For 8 years I have been using transitional Rx glasses from Top Chareon. Have also tried Tokyo Optics and find them more expensive and also with very good service. Also bought one pair from Beautiful with same results.

Never a problem with any of them; of course I learned as a child not to leave things on the dashboard!

For 8 years I have been using transitional Rx glasses from Top Chareon. Have also tried Tokyo Optics and find them more expensive and also with very good service. Also bought one pair from Beautiful with same results.

Never a problem with any of them; of course I learned as a child not to leave things on the dashboard!

My glasses were never left on a dashboard of a vehicle. Did you purchase transitional lens from Tokyo Optics?

All the transitions lenses I've purchased here in Thailand have started to fade. The ones i purchased in Singapore 5 years ago still unblemished. Now what does that tell you?

I've tried Tokyo, and all the other so called experts here to no avail with quality.

Sad but true.

All the transitions lenses I've purchased here in Thailand have started to fade. The ones i purchased in Singapore 5 years ago still unblemished. Now what does that tell you?

I've tried Tokyo, and all the other so called experts here to no avail with quality.

Sad but true.

Thanks for that DaamNaam. This will be the last time I purchase eye glasses in Thailand.