Thaivisa.Com Blocks All Yahoo Email Addresses From Today

george

soooo....

As I understand it, you will be blocking any further registrations for yahoo emails...and soon Hotmail.

But for those of us who used a Hotmail/Yahoo address to sign up with in the past, we can still use our TV account as normal, forever and ever?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use yahoo for 13 years and i pay for premium service.Most of my friends also use it.I use gmail and my private webserver as well but yahoo is the most convenient and best. The problem is yahoo is filtering out your bulk emails as spam so just tell your members to add thaivisa to their address book and then all will be well.

• Like 1

The problem isn't the delivery, but the receipt of the emails on the Yahoo servers.

that's what's meant with "delivery"

To my knowledge, the free email providers do not have a Whitelist option.

well, the *proper" free email providers have that option.

For example GMX

Since 2005 or 2006 when yahoo and hotmail introduced their anti-spam policies, those providers have just been rubbish.

Yep, delivery should have read sending. (Was talking from computer through ISP to Yahoo servers)

And the mention of free email services were directed towards the two, Yahoo & Hotmail. Agree wholeheartedly with the decline in effective service after their anti-spam policies as well......wai.gif

It would be nice if someone from ThaiVisa would explain in this thread WHY the forum is taking this move against Yahoo addresses....and talking about doing the same for Hotmail and related addresses.

I would imagine, for most people in terms of email, they're either using Gmail, Hotmail or some variety of Yahoo mail. If ThaiVisa rules out both Yahoo and Hotmail (and Live.com) addresses, that's pretty much leaving one email major email provider standing in terms of ThaiVisa log-ins.

There are millions of email providers. You can use your own domain, work domain, etc.

Such petulance, stamping of feet, and throwing toys out of the pram by some board members (soon to be ex if I understand them right). No ones stopping you using any mail account you wish for your own use. Just not Yahoo etc when signing up to TV . Also I do not think that you can 'resign' from TV, you can stop using it though.

I did not see any reference that you had to change to GMail, if for any reason you feel that Google are out to get you then use another free eMail and either forward it to another account (Yahoo?) or access by eMail client like Thunderbird. Some suggestions of eMail clients http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free_email.htm

(ps Google will get you, hehe.)

• Like 1

I believe the reasoning is thus, Yahoo don't like bulk email (the newsletters and email notifications) we send out. Thaivisa ends up on spammers block lists. Obviously this is something TV wishes to avoid.

I've used yahoo.com for email for years and years and years. Thaivisa.com has also sent me notifications, news, etc., by email to my yahoo.com account for years and years and years. Never on my "spammers block list." Never in my spam folder. Never the first problem of any kind. Indeed, the news notification indicating that yahoo.com will no longer be supported for new users came to the inbox of my yahoo email account.

Mai bpen rai. If I'm forced to change to another email provider at some point in the future, I'll worry about it at that time. Sure won't be gmail though.

I use yahoo for 13 years and i pay for premium service.Most of my friends also use it.I use gmail and my private webserver as well but yahoo is the most convenient and best. The problem is yahoo is filtering out your bulk emails as spam so just tell your members to add thaivisa to their address book and then all will be well.

that sounds a more sensible solution rather than the somewhat high handed directive from George !

The reason given for this is that the protection adopted by Yahoo (and possibly Hotmail?) brand ThaiVisa as Spam generators (because of their bulk mail) and will put them on blacklists such as Spamhaus, etc, where the IP address is stopped from sending to that Yahoo/Hotmail address. A real pain in the butt.

You Are 100% correct!

There are apparently ways around this using a digital signing technology known as DKIM which works with your outgoing email server.

yes, that together with SPF records and sending emails through SMTP should pretty much solve the delivery problems.

(DKIM, SPF and sending through SMTP are solutions that can be implemented for FREE)

Thaivisa are using DKM, SPF and using SMTP via a professional bulk email provider.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Well, I suppose I won't be a Thaivisa user any longer. I only come to the forum when I get the e-mail notification of news articles. I never just go to Thaivisa any longer as I did when I first came here 5 years ago.

I have alternative e-mail address's, but they happen to be hotmail, so I guess they've done themselves in.

When I read the recommendation to get a g-mail address, the first thing that popped into my mind was "I wonder how much Google is paying them to get rid of Yahoo add'ys?" I don't use Google for anything since they threw the Chinese dissidents under the bus a few years back. Plus, they are in just a bit to close with the US gummit. Way to much co-operation with the NSA.

Sorry Thaivisa...you've lost me.

TV,s dictatorial attitude between The Nation and BK post news papers is bad enough, but having to register another email address just to read TV,Forum of which half is crap anyway is going too far. You have lost me to.

Last year I tried to sign up for Bangkok Bank Internet banking, on the signup form you enter an email address.

It could ONLY be @yahoo.com or @hotmail.com I was staggered to say the least. I asked why.

The reply "Because it's only a real email address if it ends in @yahoo.com or hotmail.com" said the senior girl behind the desk.

Totally unbelieivable, but totally true.

I signed up for internet banking several years ago with Bangkok Bank and using my gmail account. Never heard that they would only accept yahoo or hotmail. When was that? Ok. whoops, you said a year ago.

And I'm still using gmail for it.

We opened a joint account about 12 months ago with Bangkok Bank and we used our gmail accounts. I think it may have been the girl not Bank Policy somehow . Maybe she thought it was a dating site thing .

Well, I suppose I won't be a Thaivisa user any longer. I only come to the forum when I get the e-mail notification of news articles. I never just go to Thaivisa any longer as I did when I first came here 5 years ago.

I have alternative e-mail address's, but they happen to be hotmail, so I guess they've done themselves in.

When I read the recommendation to get a g-mail address, the first thing that popped into my mind was "I wonder how much Google is paying them to get rid of Yahoo add'ys?" I don't use Google for anything since they threw the Chinese dissidents under the bus a few years back. Plus, they are in just a bit to close with the US gummit. Way to much co-operation with the NSA.

Sorry Thaivisa...you've lost me.

TV,s dictatorial attitude between The Nation and BK post news papers is bad enough, but having to register another email address just to read TV,Forum of which half is crap anyway is going too far. You have lost me to.

You don't need to change if you don't like, but don't expect notifications, password reset and newsletter to work all the time. We don't dictate anything, this is a recommendation if you want to be sure to receive communications from us.

To use the forum with a previous yahoo email address is not a problem, you can of course continue to use our services, but new members can't sign up with a Yahoo address.

Due to delivery problems with all types of email addresses by Yahoo.com, Yahoo.co.uk etc etc including Rocketmail.com, we have today banned all Yahoo email addresses to sign up with thaivisa.

Unless you're signing up, it shouldn't be a problem ... unless they're going to stop sending out to existing Yahoo etc email addresses.

For this existing yahoo user, all email notifications for new posts and new threads stopped yesterday.

TV,s dictatorial attitude between The Nation and BK post news papers is bad enough

You are wrong, it is Bangkok Post which does not allow their stuff to be quoted

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications (my emphasis)

Unbelievable stupidity!

No I won't change.

If you guys cannot sort out whatever is the problem you're having with Yahoo, when most other businesses seem to be able to, you don't deserve my membership. ... and what in the world is your reason?? You haven't even shown sufficient respect to explain yourselves properly.

Given the hyperventilating & posturing of some who feel they will lose face by submitting to a crudely worded notice, maybe TV will become a more peaceful place. I'm not sure which was more amusing, the quasi-pontifical announcement or the bombastic responses.

“Some bring joy when they come; others do so when they leave.”

You are wrong, it is Bangkok Post which does not allow their stuff to be quoted

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications (my emphasis)

Can you blame them?

Edited by Suradit69

soooo....

As I understand it, you will be blocking any further registrations for yahoo emails...and soon Hotmail.

But for those of us who used a Hotmail/Yahoo address to sign up with in the past, we can still use our TV account as normal, forever and ever?

It's over for pre-existing users as well.

That's what the steps in the OP are explaining.

soooo....

It's over for pre-existing users as well.

That's what the steps in the OP are explaining.

ahhhhh....i see

• Like 1

With my own business I had an intermittent issue sending emails to some yahoo addresses, I did a pile of research on it to find it was an issue with qmail (within Plesk BTW). After wasting aeons trying to find a way to fix it I found I was able to easily switch my mail program (within Plesk) to use postfix instead. Ever since that switch I have not had any issues at all.

If you notify the Admin of this do you think they will correct the problem they're currently having?

Sounds like a plan to me.

...and this is because thaivisa uses a Thai-IP which is considered as spam suspicious by Hotmail, yahoo, and AOL. I also had to inform friends to exclude my email address manually from spam, as - when you use local mail - always write with a Thai IP.

Hostname www.thaivisa.com

ISP Amazon.com Tech Telecom (AS38895)

Continent Asia

Flag SG.png

Country Singapore

Country Code SG (SGP)

IP Address 175.41.131.133

Edited by PoorSucker

I have a yahoo address for Thai visa ( i dont want to use my work email ) and never seem to have any problems getting updates from tv into my main mailbox. I have no intention of changing an email address because I am commanded to do so by some website I am registered with because they are concerned they can't get their marketing stuff through to my mailbox. If that means that I miss out on "updates" from tv , so what! hardly ever click through on them anyway.

While I'm generally in agreement with your post, I suspect TV has little concern about how many members decide to abandon the site. Unless the numbers are great enough to affect the advertising revenue, I imagine it will be business as usual for the owners of the site.

People using Yahoo or Hotmail Email addresses really know nothing about internet...

Yahoo and Hotmail are the worst about SPAM and nobody should use them anymore.

Only Gmail rules.

But what about Ymail.com ? (also belongs to Yahoo)

Sorry to disappoint you. but I've been happily using Yahoo for very many years now and get ZERO - and I do mean ZERO - spam in my Inbox.

All "spam" messages are delivered correctly to my Spam folder, which I check around twice/week, to ensure that no true emails get inadvertently diverted there - even though I haven't found a single misdirected email for years.

My latest email from TV, delivered directly to my Inbox as usual, arrived as recently as 3.5 hours ago.

Regards

R21

PS As already mentioned by "devaram", the inclusion of TV in my contacts list has ensured I get all my mail from TV in my Inbox.

"make yourself a gmail account. And forward all e-mail that drops into it to your yahoo account"

This is a very simple work-around for all the people on Yahoo and Hotmail or any other eMail provider.

It only takes 5 minutes to set up a Gmail account and configure it to send all mail received to your current Yahoo or Hotmail account.

Then configure your Thai-Visa settings to send everything to the new Gmail address.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email

Edited by SurfRider
  • Like 1

Before you all have stress disorder problems with this, nobody is telling you to 'cancel' or stop using your Yahoo email accounts. What you are being asked to do is to create a new email account so that you can receive the TV newsletter/updates, and to update that information with TV. 10 minute job!

The reason given for this is that the protection adopted by Yahoo (and possibly Hotmail?) brand ThaiVisa as Spam generators (because of their bulk mail) and will put them on blacklists such as Spamhaus, etc, where the IP address is stopped from sending to that Yahoo/Hotmail address. A real pain in the butt.

That would be my understanding of the request; Mods, please advise if this is wrong?

Good point about not having to setup a new account to maintain your current account. As I read this, it was only for new account signups. Even then, it's a slippery slope and I see TV not gaining as many new members as they have in the past due to the inconvenience.

Got news for George, hotmail also brands all TV emails as spam. Even when you flag the account as being known, TV newsletter email still get marked as spam and I have to select whether or not to activate the links in the content. Every stinking time.

I tried to just change from my Yahoo to my aol account,

which I only get weekly Thai weekly news letters from,

its not my sign in account,

message came back, ''already in use'' so now what?

could any admin out there help please.

Please email support at thaivisa.com and they will fix it.

OK thank you I will do that

...and this is because thaivisa uses a Thai-IP which is considered as spam suspicious by Hotmail, yahoo, and AOL. I also had to inform friends to exclude my email address manually from spam, as - when you use local mail - always write with a Thai IP.

Hostname www.thaivisa.com

ISP Amazon.com Tech Telecom (AS38895)

Continent Asia

Flag SG.png

Country Singapore

Country Code SG (SGP)

IP Address 175.41.131.133

Singapore is not better (https://www.google.co.th/search?q=singapore++IP+spam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a),

but the point finally is, that a lot of users do not know about the behaving of these big mail providers, thus missing email, which in some cases are being even deleted and not forwarded to the spam folder of the receiving user (AOL, hotmail)

Unbelievable stupidity!

No I won't change.

If you guys cannot sort out whatever is the problem you're having with Yahoo, when most other businesses seem to be able to, you don't deserve my membership. ... and what in the world is your reason?? You haven't even shown sufficient respect to explain yourselves properly.

Byebye!