Condos For Freehold Farang Purchase In Isaan

Khun Bob

After spending some time in Isaan I'm considering buying a condo/room here. In Khon Kaen i havent noticed any for sale or any that look like they are for sale. Does anyone know of condos in Isaan that for for freehold farang purchase ? I'm particualarly interested in Khon Kaen city, Loei or Nong Khai.

Cheers

I believe a foreigner can only purchase a condo in specified areas. Esarn doesn't seem to be one of those areas. Some other poster should have info on this. I think the Thai government wants to make sure that all the rich people in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket keep making money. But who knows I may be wrong about this. If anyone has info on this please post a link.

After spending some time in Isaan I'm considering buying a condo/room here. In Khon Kaen i havent noticed any for sale or any that look like they are for sale. Does anyone know of condos in Isaan that for for freehold farang purchase ? I'm particualarly interested in Khon Kaen city, Loei or Nong Khai.

Cheers

There is a large condo project now available in Khon Kaen close to Bueng Kaen Nakhon, a development of the Piman group. The higher floor appartments have views over the lake and or Wat Nong Waeng. If you are interested please PM me and I will let you have the Mobile number for the managing director of Piman who speaks very good English.

I believe a foreigner can only purchase a condo in specified areas. Esarn doesn't seem to be one of those areas. Some other poster should have info on this. I think the Thai government wants to make sure that all the rich people in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket keep making money. But who knows I may be wrong about this. If anyone has info on this please post a link.

I'm pretty sure that Condo ownership is possible in Esarn, i think this is wrong

seems that the options in isaan are limited - have seen some ads in kk and need to contact them

will ne going to loei and nong khai in the next 2 weeks to see opportunities there

like thaipwriter, i beleive that sol long as the 49/51 % farang/thai ownership is maintained then a farang can buy a condo anywhere in thailand and it does not have to be new - please correct me if i am wrong...