Honda Big Bikes Coming To Phuket.

kawapower

Just been to the Honda dealer in Phuket to have the white plates installed on my awesome CBR250, in the showroom was the NC700, fantastic looking bike and in my opinion will blow away the Kwaka ER6N, Tiptronic gears, sport mode and D mode, ideal for traffic, big storage for full face helmet under where where the normal fuel filler cap would be, 14ltr fuel tank so not huge, sounds great, looks great and a great price of 450,000bht can not buy until this December, they will also be stocking the CBR1000 and the Goldwing not sure of any other models, my 250 is fantastic and perfect for my needs but this NC700 being fully automatic will make me think about it, will probably stick with the 250 as it is hard to beat for the money and pure driveability in a city.

I don't think it is a direct competitor to the ER6's due to the price tag and way it is built. I am sure the NC700 is a very very good bike, but being more like a Thai beginner bike for the people with more money.

The brilliant think with the ER's is the price, one can not come around that, priced way below anything out there in the market, so Kawasaki was very clever when they came to that price- well done for them and well, lucky us... hahaha...

I hope that they will expand with several more bikes- will the VFR come? the Crosstourer? I think that they look gorgeous and I would kill for one of them, and there again is the price, why does honda feel the need to price their goods that high? I know they will sell well as it is a honda and Thais/foreigners with money will keep buying them. Are they producing motorcycles for the public or for the high-so's?

Kawasaki has put a price on their products that are fair to the income level amongst the population, a family can buy a big bike too, it is not impossible- half the price of a new car...

Cheapest Honda? more than a Honda brio, what would I chose for my market run? the baby car... I think they are to expensive, but that is because I am a poor boy with no money or honey...

Got to love Kawasaki for bringing the price down to EVERYONE's level... Thank you Kawasaki- Honda, please follow suit and drop it 50% wai.gif

I don't think it is a direct competitor to the ER6's due to the price tag and way it is built. I am sure the NC700 is a very very good bike, but being more like a Thai beginner bike for the people with more money.

The brilliant think with the ER's is the price, one can not come around that, priced way below anything out there in the market, so Kawasaki was very clever when they came to that price- well done for them and well, lucky us... hahaha...

I hope that they will expand with several more bikes- will the VFR come? the Crosstourer? I think that they look gorgeous and I would kill for one of them, and there again is the price, why does honda feel the need to price their goods that high? I know they will sell well as it is a honda and Thais/foreigners with money will keep buying them. Are they producing motorcycles for the public or for the high-so's?

Kawasaki has put a price on their products that are fair to the income level amongst the population, a family can buy a big bike too, it is not impossible- half the price of a new car...

Cheapest Honda? more than a Honda brio, what would I chose for my market run? the baby car... I think they are to expensive, but that is because I am a poor boy with no money or honey...

Got to love Kawasaki for bringing the price down to EVERYONE's level... Thank you Kawasaki- Honda, please follow suit and drop it 50% wai.gif

Going by the price of the Honda NC700 it is imported which makes it a completely different bike from the Thai made ER6n so yes the ER6n is great value, you pay big money for imports and I am sure many will!! If I was to buy another big bike I would go for the Honda as it is automatic which makes it very usable in a city, but I am more than happy with my great CBR250 it is awesome!!

Edited by kawapower

As one of the biggest Honda fans on the board, I can just not see the point of the N700* here. While I am sure it's a very good maxi-scooter, and might even be able to hang with the ER-6* bikes, it is stupid expensive. At just shy of 2x the price of the Kawi options there is just no point unless you want an automatic bike.

As one of the biggest Honda fans on the board, I can just not see the point of the N700* here. While I am sure it's a very good maxi-scooter, and might even be able to hang with the ER-6* bikes, it is stupid expensive. At just shy of 2x the price of the Kawi options there is just no point unless you want an automatic bike.

True but again it is imported so hence the price, the CBR1000 will be 790,000 again it is imported!! Many people buy imports so there will be a market for these Honda's.

Edited by kawapower

True but again it is imported so hence the price, the CBR1000 will be 790,000 again it is imported!! Many people buy imports so there will be a market for these Honda's.

I understand it is imported, as is the CBR 1000, but in my mind it doesn't justify the price premium being asked. In the 250 segment I've constatly ragged on the Ninja cositng 50% more than the CBR. In the 1000 Supersport category the CBR is fairly priced (apparently less bikes from other manufacturers) compared to the competition. I can not wrap my mind around the fact someone would be willing to pay that much more for an automatic transmission and possibly a less capable bike than what is already available. Are people really that shallow they need to have something nobody else has?

I understand it is imported, as is the CBR 1000, but in my mind it doesn't justify the price premium being asked. In the 250 segment I've constatly ragged on the Ninja cositng 50% more than the CBR. In the 1000 Supersport category the CBR is fairly priced (apparently less bikes from other manufacturers) compared to the competition. I can not wrap my mind around the fact someone would be willing to pay that much more for an automatic transmission and possibly a less capable bike than what is already available. Are people really that shallow they need to have something nobody else has?

It's a personnel choice, if you want a big bike like the R1 you will pay a hefty price, I bought the Z1000 which was a mistake, sold it after 3 months or so, no good for traffic, runs very hot and a very tiring bike to drive in a city, plus the recommended fuel was 95 benzine almost impossible to get here on Phuket, anyway now very happy with the more sedate CBR250 no bike can match this in town or out of town providing you don't mind the reduced power, never been a fast driver but on the Z I did like the acceleration side, just not for me in the end!!

The ER6n like the CBR250 is amazing value, the 250 is most definitely the best value of all being half the price of the CBR250 in the UK!!

Edited by kawapower

Are people really that shallow they need to have something nobody else has?

Quite a jump from "I don't think I'd buy this bike" to "everyone buying it is shallow"....

Might not be for me but who's to say it's not a good deal for some. I've heard they've been selling well enough, at least the NC700X.

To compare the NC700 to a scooter is a little unfair, especially as the scooter version looks more like a converted motorcycle than the other way around. The NC700 has a 6 speed manual version as well. UK road tests have been positive, even from died in the wool trad bike testers who liken the motor to a v-twin. It's no slouch either being quicker to 75mph than a CBF600 and 70 mpbg will encourage a lot of people back in the West. It's made in Japan so build quality is up a notch. Shame the Thai government insists on taxing imports like this as luxury goods. Built here it would probably come in around the price of a Versys.

I think that the NC700 is a good bike, automatic bike, looks the deal, what does it for me is the price and the HP, sorry but I need a bit more. I do like that they have a compartment where the petrol tank is, nice to hide a helmet there (mine was stolen again yesterday)...

Kawapower??? I thought you loved your Z1000... What was wrong with it? (sorry to derail)

Honda CBR1000 is 799? that is not really that bad, compared to suzuki's GSXr and the ducatis/BMW's...

Still, they are way overpriced compared to the z1000s 585k price tag... but again, different bikes... I like my sports bikes, but I love the looks of the adventure bikes and the naked bikes...

Quite a jump from "I don't think I'd buy this bike" to "everyone buying it is shallow"....

Might not be for me but who's to say it's not a good deal for some. I've heard they've been selling well enough, at least the NC700X.

Can you provide another rational explanation for purchasing one of these bikes?

I think that the NC700 is a good bike, automatic bike, looks the deal, what does it for me is the price and the HP, sorry but I need a bit more. I do like that they have a compartment where the petrol tank is, nice to hide a helmet there (mine was stolen again yesterday)...

Kawapower??? I thought you loved your Z1000... What was wrong with it? (sorry to derail)

Honda CBR1000 is 799? that is not really that bad, compared to suzuki's GSXr and the ducatis/BMW's...

Still, they are way overpriced compared to the z1000s 585k price tag... but again, different bikes... I like my sports bikes, but I love the looks of the adventure bikes and the naked bikes...

Yes I loved the Z but after a while it got very tiring to drive, Phuket in my opinion is no place for a big powerful bike, my head always rules my heart, Absolutely nothing wrong with the Z but for me it was just to much for the heavy traffic here on Phuket.

The explanation for buying any bike is because the person wants to, simple!!

• Like 1

Sorry but if it ain't got a clutch lever and foot operated gear selector it's a scotter imo

But there is ALSO a traditional 6 speed manual version as well which was on the market before the DCT version. One of my friends back in the UK lost an arm in a bike accident and got back on 2 wheels on a CB400 AT. Nobody looked on that as a scooter, just a shitty bike :)

^

of coarse modified bikes for disabled riders are a different story ,but buying a new model automatic scooter is different the thrill of riding bikes flying into a bend down shifting a couple of gears using two hands and a foot is what gives me the buzz ,dropping a gear to blast pass on another vehicle also,how do you do anything like this on an automatic

^

of coarse modified bikes for disabled riders are a different story ,but buying a new model automatic scooter is different the thrill of riding bikes flying into a bend down shifting a couple of gears using two hands and a foot is what gives me the buzz ,dropping a gear to blast pass on another vehicle also,how do you do anything like this on an automatic

He bike has 3 modes, auto, Tiptronic and sport so you can do the things you like to do with this Honda!!

^

The only modification was throttle, front brake and electrics switches on the left handlebar, parking brake moved to the right bar, and fitting a steering damper. 2 speed foot engaged auto so it is really a hybrid of an auto clutch and car auto box. Honda had a CB750 version as well that still looked suspiciously like a motorcycle :)Things have moved along since then with aftermarket electronic shifters available for a lot of manual bikes. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and call it a duck. :) Edited by BirdsandBooze

^

The only modification was throttle, front brake and electrics switches on the left handlebar, parking brake moved to the right bar, and fitting a steering damper. 2 speed foot engaged auto so it is really a hybrid of an auto clutch and car auto box. Honda had a CB750 version as well that still looked suspiciously like a motorcycle :)Things have moved along since then with aftermarket electronic shifters available for a lot of manual bikes. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and call it a duck. :)

Looks great to me but to much money, lots of people will buy it I am sure and good luck to them, everyone Is different and you certainly can not have a go at anyone for buying a particular motorbike!! It's up to them!!

Process of elimination: The riding position of the Er6's doesn't work for me (knee pain from an old injury). The Versys is just too ugly for my tastes. And just like that I've run out of options for "affordable" new big bikes. The Ducati 795 is a possibility but to be honest I'm afraid it'll encourage me to ride faster than I should. I'd love to have a Triumph Bonneville but at over 600k the price is just too high. So for new bikes bought from a dealer, my choices are the Kawasaki Vulcan or the NC700X. I like the look of the Honda & from the reviews I've read it seems like it'd be a good choice for me. It's just the price that's holding me back. Well, that & the fact that there's no Honda Big Wing in Chiang Mai yet. I'm holding out hope for Honda's new line of bikes to be built here in Thailand but I'm not going to wait forever. It's conceivable I'll end up buying a NC700X and it has nothing at all to do with what others have or don't have.

Process of elimination: The riding position of the Er6's doesn't work for me (knee pain from an old injury). The Versys is just too ugly for my tastes. And just like that I've run out of options for "affordable" new big bikes. The Ducati 795 is a possibility but to be honest I'm afraid it'll encourage me to ride faster than I should. I'd love to have a Triumph Bonneville but at over 600k the price is just too high. So for new bikes bought from a dealer, my choices are the Kawasaki Vulcan or the NC700X. I like the look of the Honda & from the reviews I've read it seems like it'd be a good choice for me. It's just the price that's holding me back. Well, that & the fact that there's no Honda Big Wing in Chiang Mai yet. I'm holding out hope for Honda's new line of bikes to be built here in Thailand but I'm not going to wait forever. It's conceivable I'll end up buying a NC700X and it has nothing at all to do with what others have or don't have.

It's a lot of money, to me it would be a perfect bike but I love my CBR250 so no need to consider anything else, but if were looking and had no problem with the price the NC700 is what I would buy.

Looking forward to the new showroom opening here, I will be there many times just having a look see.

Edited by kawapower

So kawapower- what do you mean with the z1000 was to much for traffic in phuket? I really dont understand that. Big size? Too much power? Seat hight? What????

The honda nc700 looks like a big bike- high and heavy, what is the difference between them ( apart from th power an gears)...

I know the cbr250 well so how is that compared to the z1000? For town riding?

Maybe Brian from sumet can come with a few good points on the big fireblade compared to the cbr250 for town riding...

What you buy should always be what you like, not what your friends like...

I for one am happy thathonda is expanding an hopefulle a few more models will come soon to a competitive price...

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

So kawapower- what do you mean with the z1000 was to much for traffic in phuket? I really dont understand that. Big size? Too much power? Seat hight? What????

The honda nc700 looks like a big bike- high and heavy, what is the difference between them ( apart from th power an gears)...

I know the cbr250 well so how is that compared to the z1000? For town riding?

Maybe Brian from sumet can come with a few good points on the big fireblade compared to the cbr250 for town riding...

What you buy should always be what you like, not what your friends like...

I for one am happy thathonda is expanding an hopefulle a few more models will come soon to a competitive price...

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

I simply found riding the Z through traffic very tiring, being a powerful bike the constant gear changing in traffic made it exhausting, things I should have thought about before purchasing, I never think about things before buying(silly sod, the bike got very very hot which of course is normal for a bike but was uncomfortable for me, size wise the bike was great, seat height great, it simply was not for me!! the CBR250 is for me, light and easy to ride in traffic, it does not get so hot so is very comfortable in that respect, great on fuel unlike the Z(which of course being 1000cc you expect, love big powerful bikes but they are just not practical for my usage, would save myself a lot of money by thinking before buying.

The difference between the Z and the NC700(which I have no intention of buying is obvious, it is auto, it has heat protectors so there is no massive heat onto your legs etc, For a big bike it would need to be auto but again I have no intention of changing from my great 250.

I always buy what I want and never influenced by others(a mate said "are you sure you want this bike"deep down I knew it was a mistake but the young heart yet again got the better of the old head, maybe that's where I am going wrong with buying bikes which are just not suited to my needs. Life is short so I do what makes me happy at the time!!

Not the end of the world lol

Edited by kawapower

Q.E.D, I guess, even with the comparatively tiny number of people reading this thread, we've found one already.

There's lots of reasons. I have a feeling that this bike might make a pretty good city commuter, a little more fun than a maxi scoot, and also better for light touring duties. Honda says that most people don't use anywhere near the power available on their bikes and frankly my personal experience says they're right. I only know a handful of people who're really caning their machines... (you know who you are 555)... for many others a NC700X would be fine.

Lastly: No matter how much less another bike costs, if it's not the one you want then it's wasted money.

Edited by nikster

This may be a brilliant marketing ploy by Honda. They are opening big bike showrooms and putting these uber expensive imported bikes in them. Everybody will come in, see them, drool, but few will buy. Then, suddenly, the prices will drop by 50% once their already announced big bike production gets underway here in Thailand. When that happens, the word will spread like wildfire and many of the people who had drooled, but balked at the price will rush in and buy one. This ploy will eliminate the usually start-up lag and "kick star" initial sales of the domestically produced big bikes.

This may be a brilliant marketing ploy by Honda. They are opening big bike showrooms and putting these uber expensive imported bikes in them. Everybody will come in, see them, drool, but few will buy. Then, suddenly, the prices will drop by 50% once their already announced big bike production gets underway here in Thailand. When that happens, the word will spread like wildfire and many of the people who had drooled, but balked at the price will rush in and buy one. This ploy will eliminate the usually start-up lag and "kick star" initial sales of the domestically produced big bikes.

Let's hope that is true, if the price of the NC700 reduces by 50 per cent I would seriously consider one.