Dog Poo Is The Reason I Will Leave This Country....From My Own Dogs

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I do? Pick up every one elses poo?

I suggest you clean up after your own dog, as you do. If anyone tells your (Thai) partner that you haven't cleaned up after your dog, let her ask them "Who picks up dog poo?".

Never argue with an idiot...

• Like 1

sorry your leaving but i fully understand,there are only 2 of us on our mooban that picks up the sh-t,but only one pillock asked the wf did your dog sh-t in front of my house[he sits in the window all day] nosey bar steward,yes she said here it is do do want it if not shut the f-k up,out of 48houses on our mooban nobody dare say anything to my wf.but if i see another dog drop anything in front of our gates i scoop it up and toss into their drive.

I can understand your frustration. So often we cannot do anything right. And if we do nothing. . . . . .

It is easy for people to say ignore these idiots but that is not possible in a small place. It seems to me that you are doing the right thing and maybe you are upsetting the locals because you are doing the right thing and at the same time you are showing them up.

After a week of living in this moobahn, a security lady rushed over to me as I was walking them saying "no no no dogs. Too much poo" and I held up the bag with a big poo in it saying "I pick up - you want it?" but of course she kept shouting at me. they are inane blinkered tools.

Seems like you are already doing your bit. I can feel your frustration for not being there when they had a go at your wife. People must have seen you pick it up but they like to ignore that and blame you anyway.

One major problem with this society; when someone with "clout" gets an idea in their head everyone else kow tows to them even when they know they are wrong.

Standing up for what is just, what is right; is just not seen as honorable in this country. Thats about as simple as it gets.

Step 1. Go and get a good book. Even a newspaper will suffice.

Step 2. Go to her food shop and have a shit on one of the tables, whilst reading said literature.

Step 3. As you leave her shop say thank you.

Step 4 (only needed if they protest) Apologies and pick up your shit then throw it at her.

In the last year I have grown a complete loathing for the narrow minded petty blame the Farang culture in this country.
Funny, I feel a similar way about a few farang here.

DP25 - do one! If you don't like my posts why follow them around to stick up sniping little remarks. As I;ve said on numerous other threads you have hijacked to tell me that you think I am a prick, I don't care what you think, say or believe sunshine. So... off you trot and find someone else to plague.

Are you taking the dogs with you?

Yes of course I am - brought them here and they will leave with me. I'm not an irresponsible pet owner.

In the last year I have grown a complete loathing for the narrow minded petty blame the Farang culture in this country.

To a sense there are quite a few farangs running around and bickering but I understand the OP that it is quite frustrating however I emphasize repeatedly on one word... location, location AND location.

OP I take it that you live quite remote, on the outskirts of somewhere... am I wrong?

That is the way it is here...blame the foreigner for everything wrong with this society...I am getting tired of here too...hope to leave soon..

I may be wrong here, but isn't that exactly what many Brits are claiming in the UK tongue.png

Yermaneewai.gif

• Like 1

After a week of living in this moobahn, a security lady rushed over to me as I was walking them saying "no no no dogs. Too much poo" and I held up the bag with a big poo in it saying "I pick up - you want it?" but of course she kept shouting at me. they are inane blinkered tools.

Yeah, that's really endearing oneself to the neighbours from day one; not!

Maybe they're just fed up with the arrogant farang?

I have thrown poop on the walls of a house that were feeding dogs

It worked

Nowadays i dump my garbage bag in the middle of the village and let the soi dogs eat them. filling the park with poopy diapers and other nasty stuff. I will do this untill they get rid of the soi dogs/constant drivers coming to feed them.

I'm always suprised by those who complain about the dog poo here as its something I rarely see - even though there are dogs everywhere!

Presumably its 'cos the heat and sun break it down incredibly quickly?

Incidentally, thanks Babyjesus for dumping your trash indiscriminately - its one of the things we all love about living here, the rubbish dumped anywhere rolleyes.gif .

Edit - as for the way you hate anyone that has compassion for starving soi dogs... you may be totally self-centred, but others hate to see suffering. You are v lucky to be so lacking in empathy.

Edited by F1fanatic
  • Like 1

To a sense there are quite a few farangs running around and bickering but I understand the OP that it is quite frustrating however I emphasize repeatedly on one word... location, location AND location.

OP I take it that you live quite remote, on the outskirts of somewhere... am I wrong?

Nope - I live in a moobaan in JJ.

Yeah, that's really endearing oneself to the neighbours from day one; not!

Maybe they're just fed up with the arrogant farang?

So let me get this straight - you are saying it is my fault? Being shouted out for not picking up poo when I am holding a poo in a bag?

• Like 1

are you moving to hk? i just came over from hk to here not too long ago and before that korea. pm if you need any help. miss those curry fishballs and all roast stalls laugh.png

I lived there before making the mistake of moving here. Cheers though mate :)

I have 2 dogs so I am too an animal lover. Luckily my dogs have a very large garden to do their business which of course I remove daily. But I was just thinking that if this gentleman is so worked up about POO would he like to move to my village in rural Buriram and take large bags with him when he goes for a walk to pick up the buffalo poo that is everywhere on the local roads. The problem as I see it is that you are trying to think and act like a Farang but living in Thailand. Guess what? It don't work. They don't have the same laws or care about other people, or care about where their dog does his business or where they throw their rubbish. But as is said many times, not happy with living here then move out, you have that choice. Good luck in Hong Kong. As a side note, I live in a rural village where there is no rubbish collection. I do not want to do as the locals which is throw it out in the garden or outside their house then every few days sweep it all together then set fire to it, so I use big plastic bags and then when I go to my nearest town (about 22kms) I put them in my truck and deposit them in the blue rubbish bins by the side of the road. To me this is so easy but even those with their own transport in the village they will never do the same because it is their way of life. I am sure that most of the villagers including my wife's family think 'Stupid Farang'

Edited by Pormax

geez. on kibbutz we just take the 'yes shlomo' approach: shlomo (somchai, joe, whoever) complains about our dogs, the neighbhors dogs the garbage, the bycycles, the amount of water being used, whatever, we just say, ok, yes shlomo, no problem, btw, how are u feeling today, how's the wife/son/arthritis.... end of complaint til next run in on the sidewalks of the kibbutz...

for a few annoying people u are leaving the country?!!

bina

I have 2 dogs so I am too an animal lover. Luckily my dogs have a very large garden to do their business which of course I remove daily. But I was just thinking that if this gentleman is so worked up about POO would he like to move to my village in rural Buriram and take large bags with him when he goes for a walk to pick up the buffalo poo that is everywhere on the local roads. The problem as I see it is that you are trying to think and act like a Farang but living in Thailand. Guess what? It don't work. They don't have the same laws or care about other people, or care about where their dog does his business or where they throw their rubbish. But as is said many times, not happy with living here then move out, you have that choice. Good luck in Hong Kong. As a side note, I live in a rural village where there is no rubbish collection. I do not want to do as the locals which is throw it out in the garden or outside their house then every few days sweep it all together then set fire to it, so I use big plastic bags and then when I go to my nearest town (about 22kms) I put them in my truck and deposit them in the blue rubbish bins by the side of the road. To me this is so easy but even those with their own transport in the village they will never do the same because it is their way of life. I am sure that most of the villagers including my wife's family think 'Stupid Farang'

Ah mate you mistake me totally. I am not complaining about dog poo on the street. I am complaining that I am not the culprit and yet I am being accused of it. That's what's getting my goat. 2pm walk I went past the complainers and as they were standing there grumbling about something or others I just said as if to myself Farang Farang Farang blah blah <deleted> off. Yes I am irritated by it.

geez. on kibbutz we just take the 'yes shlomo' approach: shlomo (somchai, joe, whoever) complains about our dogs, the neighbhors dogs the garbage, the bycycles, the amount of water being used, whatever, we just say, ok, yes shlomo, no problem, btw, how are u feeling today, how's the wife/son/arthritis.... end of complaint til next run in on the sidewalks of the kibbutz...

for a few annoying people u are leaving the country?!!

bina

I am leaving the irritating country. It's not the odd one or two. They are all halfwits. Going back to a decent land again where the word integrity means something.

Safe journey and best wishes.

I'm always suprised by those who complain about the dog poo here as its something I rarely see - even though there are dogs everywhere!

Presumably its 'cos the heat and sun break it down incredibly quickly?

Incidentally, thanks Babyjesus for dumping your trash indiscriminately - its one of the things we all love about living here, the rubbish dumped anywhere rolleyes.gif .

Edit - as for the way you hate anyone that has compassion for starving soi dogs... you may be totally self-centred, but others hate to see suffering. You are v lucky to be so lacking in empathy.

You do know that every area of thailand with soi dogs has people coming to feed them MINIMUM 3 times a day?

Add to that residents and trash, those dog are OVER FED, the food is horrible so they just shit it all back right away and stay skinny.

Edited by BabyJebus