Dog Poo Is The Reason I Will Leave This Country....From My Own Dogs

"Very true - but actually everything you mention is all rolled into my issues as well. Lack of accountability and blame the farang. You realise the local cops will arrest you if you if one of your dogs killon of their chickens that comes onto your garden."

No they won't, we will have a beer together and cook what's left of the chicken, drink some whisky. I actually say good morning to my neighbours, even the ones that I suspect of poisoning my and my neighbours' dogs.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes....I assure you, you will not be missed. And neither will your pittance investments. Surely you know that for every disgruntled farang that leaves, two comes to take his place.

Just how exactly do you know it is a pittance? How do you know what the sum total of corporation tax would be over a few years? How exactly do you know how much money I would bring in from other countries into Thailand? Even if I bring in 1m baht from a Vietnam based company into Thailand that would have otherwise stayed in Vietnam this isof value to Thailand? Trot on sunshine - haven't you got lessons to prepare for?

we have to cope with the village's buffaloes, cows, chickens,dogs and ducks pooing and eating things in our garden, and until I get a fence fixed, will have to for some time. We get dogs poisoned as well. The problems of the OP seem minor in comparison.

Very true - but actually everything you mention is all rolled into my issues as well. Lack of accountability and blame the farang. You realise the local cops will arrest you if you if one of your dogs killon of their chickens that comes onto your garden.

Unlikely you will be arrested for your dog killing a chicken, unless you fail to agree that the chicken was actually a prize, fighting cock - worth at least 500 bht.

Well yes....I assure you, you will not be missed. And neither will your pittance investments. Surely you know that for every disgruntled farang that leaves, two comes to take his place.

Just how exactly do you know it is a pittance?

Because many before you have made such claims. As if to suggest....to who exactly I'm not sure...that there should be collective regret and remorse that someone so important as yourself is disenchanted and leaving. I'm merely suggesting that you're delusional in that respect.

From all of your posts here and elsewhere, you clearly have nothing but contempt and hatred for the Thais. And since it is in fact, their country, you're making the right decision to leave. Good luck. But don't expect the country to collapse after your exit. It will be pretty much as if you never came.

• Like 2

Out of interest, how long have you been here Pseudolus?

I can sympathise with some of what you say, and go through my phases of it, but I'm either more tolerant or more inured to it now and I generally think it's funny.

Up in Issan I got a bunch of complaints for blowing the horn on my car to acknowledge a friend, in the midst of election trucks, brush salesmen with megaphones and a man with a shop full of speakers from concerts performing destructive testing. It was my car horn that shattered the peace though! My wife and I just laughed it off as small town silliness.

Because many before you have made such claims. As if to suggest....to who exactly I'm not sure...that there should be collective regret and remorse that someone so important as yourself is disenchanted and leaving. I'm merely suggesting that you're delusional in that respect.

From all of your posts here and elsewhere, you clearly have nothing but contempt and hatred for the Thais. And since it is in fact, their country, you're making the right decision to leave. Good luck. But don't expect the country to collapse after your exit. It will be pretty much as if you never came.

Many before you have made such claims... well, I'm in the quote making mood today so here it goes:

"The first time someone calls you a horse, you punch him on the nose. The second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Edited by maxme

I can sympathise with some of what you say, and go through my phases of it, but I'm either more tolerant or more inured to it now and I generally think it's funny.

Up in Issan I got a bunch of complaints for blowing the horn on my car to acknowledge a friend, in the midst of election trucks, brush salesmen with megaphones and a man with a shop full of speakers from concerts performing destructive testing. It was my car horn that shattered the peace though! My wife and I just laughed it off as small town silliness.

near as dam_n it 2 years now. It's very weird. I am a very relaxed guy on the whole. I usually keep my self to myself, not overtly political but generally believe in doing the right thing. My opinion of what is the right thing is not the same as it is here and I find myself challenging my own principals and feeling I need to change my attitude to accept lack of integrity, accountability, and corruption, and all the other national traits of this country. I just can't laugh it off any more and I can't accept it hence leaving. I have lived in places a lot worse than Thailand but have been able to accept those situations a lot better than I am able to here.

near as dam_n it 2 years now. It's very weird. I am a very relaxed guy on the whole. I usually keep my self to myself, not overtly political but generally believe in doing the right thing. My opinion of what is the right thing is not the same as it is here and I find myself challenging my own principals and feeling I need to change my attitude to accept lack of integrity, accountability, and corruption, and all the other national traits of this country. I just can't laugh it off any more and I can't accept it hence leaving. I have lived in places a lot worse than Thailand but have been able to accept those situations a lot better than I am able to here.

That explains it! I've posted a number of times over the past few years saying that most expats get 'pissed off' after a year or so. Edit - Somebody else pointed this out in a thread and I recognised it and realised how true it was!

Some hate it so much they decide to move - others of us decide the positives outweigh the negatives - and stay.

It gets much easier after a couple of years.

Edited by F1fanatic
  • Like 2

"Very true - but actually everything you mention is all rolled into my issues as well. Lack of accountability and blame the farang. You realise the local cops will arrest you if you if one of your dogs killon of their chickens that comes onto your garden."

No they won't, we will have a beer together and cook what's left of the chicken, drink some whisky. I actually say good morning to my neighbours, even the ones that I suspect of poisoning my and my neighbours' dogs.

If you are such a "turn the other cheek" kind of guy, why did the neighbours poison your dogs?

• Like 1

Just how exactly do you know it is a pittance? How do you know what the sum total of corporation tax would be over a few years? How exactly do you know how much money I would bring in from other countries into Thailand? Even if I bring in 1m baht from a Vietnam based company into Thailand that would have otherwise stayed in Vietnam this isof value to Thailand? Trot on sunshine - haven't you got lessons to prepare for?

we have to cope with the village's buffaloes, cows, chickens,dogs and ducks pooing and eating things in our garden, and until I get a fence fixed, will have to for some time. We get dogs poisoned as well. The problems of the OP seem minor in comparison.

Very true - but actually everything you mention is all rolled into my issues as well. Lack of accountability and blame the farang. You realise the local cops will arrest you if you if one of your dogs killon of their chickens that comes onto your garden.

Unlikely you will be arrested for your dog killing a chicken, unless you fail to agree that the chicken was actually a prize, fighting cock - worth at least 500 bht.

In Indonesia one has to pay for the chicken and all the potential little chickens it would have produced.

That explains it! I've posted a number of times over the past few years saying that most expats get 'pissed off' after a year or so. Edit - Somebody else pointed this out in a thread and I recognised it and realised how true it was!

Some hate it so much they decide to move - others of us decide the positives outweigh the negatives - and stay.

It gets much easier after a couple of years.

Maybe it is a case of better the devil you know. No where is perfect. I can cope with brown / no water from the taps. I can cope with infestations. I can cope with gunshots in the middle of the night. I can cope with religious intolerance even when I hold no religion but considered to because of the colour of my skin. I can cope with many things. But when it comes to making a decision to sell out my ideals to fit into a society that does not want me there in the first place....that I can not cope with.

• Like 1

dear dear me ...seems like plagiarism of a story I once read: "white man runs away from s(t)inking shit(p) and it "dogs" him for the rest of his life..finally got some balls but in his chest"..think his name was Tuan Quim.. Jim or something??

Maybe time to stop being whingeing wimp and go forth.....???

Highly doubt you have ever read anything at all with the level of grammar you posses. trot on cowboy. Nothing for you trolls to see here.

don't have spell check hugh???

Who is Hugh?

5555555 now we know ........have a good one mate..cheers for the laugh...sucked everybody in for sure!!

• Like 1

Also, I do not have contempt or hatred for Thais at all.

Amazing that you would make that statement, and then go on to provide an extensive list of why you think the Thais and Thailand are messed up. Why do you guys do that? Just admit your true feelings and be done with it. Otherwise, the evidence (i.e., your countless posts in this thread alone) implicates you and paints you as dishonest.

The only bigger fool than a person who thinks a country would collapse if they left is one who assumes a farang in Thailand would think that. But ask yourself one question. My company turned over a little under 35m baht last year. A consultancy company with little in the way of costs (no physical products,no manufacturing, no logistics etc). Over 70% of that revenue came from abroad. It's not a massive amount of money. It's actually 30% below the target I had set for the year. However, when all said and done, next year, the equivalent amount of money will be landing in another country. So is it a loss? A small loss, but it is a loss.

i have no reason to doubt your claim and assuming it is correct my question is

"how does a country benefit if payments from abroad of 750k $ value land ? are you paying taxes on the profit?"

If you are such a "turn the other cheek" kind of guy, why did the neighbours poison your dogs?

They poison everybody's dogs, for no apparent reason, probably a perfect end to a perfect weekend of debauchery. As for 'turning the other cheek' you MFing SOB, you wanna discuss that outside?

Like I said, there are worse things than poo in the garden.

• Like 1

The only bigger fool than a person who thinks a country would collapse if they left is one who assumes a farang in Thailand would think that. But ask yourself one question. My company turned over a little under 35m baht last year. A consultancy company with little in the way of costs (no physical products,no manufacturing, no logistics etc). Over 70% of that revenue came from abroad. It's not a massive amount of money. It's actually 30% below the target I had set for the year. However, when all said and done, next year, the equivalent amount of money will be landing in another country. So is it a loss? A small loss, but it is a loss.

i have no reason to doubt your claim and assuming it is correct my question is

"how does a country benefit if payments from abroad of 750k $ value land ? are you paying taxes on the profit?"

Maybe my approach is too simplistic. If Thailand is a bucket that has 1 litre of water in it and I bring a bottle of water with me from abroad and put that bottle of water into the bucket, then that bucket has 1 litre plus my contribution. The money comes in from abroad, gets spent on wages, of which my own I keep and spend here and invest the rest outside of Thailand. But it still more beneficial to a country for someone to bring another countries money to them that someone who merely recycles the money in country I would have thought? After all, there is a reason countries crave investment from abroad....

Oh, and of course, I barely make a profit. About 150k baht at the end of the year. Very expensive place to do business you know.... whistling.gif

Edited by Pseudolus

Amazing that you would make that statement, and then go on to provide an extensive list of why you think the Thais and Thailand are messed up. Why do you guys do that? Just admit your true feelings and be done with it. Otherwise, the evidence (i.e., your countless posts in this thread alone) implicates you and paints you as dishonest.

You are assuming that just because I do not agree with someone or something I therefore must hate them. Well maybe you live your life that way but I do not. There are two things I hate in this whole world. With just cause. A country and their people is not one of them.

Get Wife to explain you pick up your dog shit, and every Friday you will also pick up other dog shit and dispose of it by burning it, in front of her shop for several hours, you may need to use a old car tire to help get it going as well. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Kind of - 4 years and it still comes in waves for me.

Sometimes I love it, sometimes I curse the place.

Some of it is charming, sometimes even admirable - I like their avoidance of confrontation, their liberal interpretation of certain rules and their appreciation of a good meal.

Some of it is mindboggling but inoffensive - adults scared of ghosts, for example.

Some of it is (and I know this sounds arrogant) infuriating and idiotic - most aspects of their driving, their obsession with face which is nought but childish vanity, and the weird attitude to foreigners displayed by so many.

I'm lucky my neighbours couldn't be nicer, the shop down our soi is always friendly and charges the sticker price for their goods. I work with some good, educated and well traveled Thais and I have a few little escapes out of Bangkok that on the right day can be like heaven on earth.

On balance I kind of wish I could work here month-on-month-off like some of the oil rig guys. I'd escape to my rural idyll for a relaxed life in Thailand, and work in "the real world" with people who don't believe in ghosts, or think that blocking a junction will get them to their destination quicker.

I don't have such a skill set unfortunately and instead my life, my family and my business are here. So I put up with some things and enjoy others. Can entirely understand why people get sick of the place though, and at the same time understand why people completely fall in love with it.

avoidance of confrontation - I think is the wrong wording really. It is an avoidance of ever being accountable for something. If you confront something, you are standing up for something you believe in. The confrontation they chose is to come from behind, on mass, and hit you when you are not prepared or looking. Cowardly and I do not see this as admirable.

liberal interpretation of certain rules - Corruption. How about their liberal attitude to murders based upon who the murders family is?

appreciation of a good meal - Thai food is good holiday food. Most Thai's I know invariably eat the same few things week in week out. Malaysia is considerably better in terms of cuisine.

There are many aspect of this country I like, but I have come to the conclusion that those aspects are in abundance the world over; the same if not better, and in many places the irritations are not as niggling as well.

Kind of - 4 years and it still comes in waves for me.

Sometimes I love it, sometimes I curse the place.

Some of it is charming, sometimes even admirable - I like their avoidance of confrontation, their liberal interpretation of certain rules and their appreciation of a good meal.

Some of it is mindboggling but inoffensive - adults scared of ghosts, for example.

Some of it is (and I know this sounds arrogant) infuriating and idiotic - most aspects of their driving, their obsession with face which is nought but childish vanity, and the weird attitude to foreigners displayed by so many.

I'm lucky my neighbours couldn't be nicer, the shop down our soi is always friendly and charges the sticker price for their goods. I work with some good, educated and well traveled Thais and I have a few little escapes out of Bangkok that on the right day can be like heaven on earth.

On balance I kind of wish I could work here month-on-month-off like some of the oil rig guys. I'd escape to my rural idyll for a relaxed life in Thailand, and work in "the real world" with people who don't believe in ghosts, or think that blocking a junction will get them to their destination quicker.

I don't have such a skill set unfortunately and instead my life, my family and my business are here. So I put up with some things and enjoy others. Can entirely understand why people get sick of the place though, and at the same time understand why people completely fall in love with it.

avoidance of confrontation - I think is the wrong wording really. It is an avoidance of ever being accountable for something. If you confront something, you are standing up for something you believe in. The confrontation they chose is to come from behind, on mass, and hit you when you are not prepared or looking. Cowardly and I do not see this as admirable.

liberal interpretation of certain rules - Corruption. How about their liberal attitude to murders based upon who the murders family is?

appreciation of a good meal - Thai food is good holiday food. Most Thai's I know invariably eat the same few things week in week out. Malaysia is considerably better in terms of cuisine.

There are many aspect of this country I like, but I have come to the conclusion that those aspects are in abundance the world over; the same if not better, and in many places the irritations are not as niggling as well.

Avoidance of confrontation - so on those occasions where I have blocked a junction by accident, cut someone up on the motorway or bumped into someone in the street - you don't tend to get as I have had in England - yelling, swearing and threats to kick me to death. Ok one in a million might just pull out a gun and shoot me, but that is rare. The vast, vast majority will think it perfectly normal behaviour.

Corruption. Murder is a bit more serious. I'm a keen driver and would rather give 100 Baht to a policeman who stops me than 60GBP to some anonymous bureaucracy whose cameras caught me.

I haven't spent enough time in Malaysia to find out, but I didn't think much of it when I was there. I've had some of the best meals of my life in Thailand. Yeah, some of it's a bit samey, but no less enjoyable for that.

Different places suit different people at certain times.

• Like 1

How much is it to take 3 big dogs to HK ?

Is your avatar a Bangal?

Just curious?

Not iver sure of the total price. It will be 82k baht cheaper than coming here though which was the bribe money I had to pay to get them out of an over then were planning to hold them in over night because the vet went home at lunch time (aka, closed up and sat in the coffee shop to extort money from people).

Husky.

Avoidance of confrontation - so on those occasions where I have blocked a junction by accident, cut someone up on the motorway or bumped into someone in the street - you don't tend to get as I have had in England - yelling, swearing and threats to kick me to death. Ok one in a million might just pull out a gun and shoot me, but that is rare. The vast, vast majority will think it perfectly normal behaviour.

Corruption. Murder is a bit more serious. I'm a keen driver and would rather give 100 Baht to a policeman who stops me than 60GBP to some anonymous bureaucracy whose cameras caught me.

I haven't spent enough time in Malaysia to find out, but I didn't think much of it when I was there. I've had some of the best meals of my life in Thailand. Yeah, some of it's a bit samey, but no less enjoyable for that.

Different places suit different people at certain times.

Whose talking about England? I'm not. if I have done something wrong I want a ticket and a receipt for my payment. Otherwise you are giving the cop carte blanche to stop anyone for any excuse and take money from them which is exactly what they do here in Thailand.

And THIS is why I like living on the constantly-slagged-off island of Phuket smile.png There's so many of us farang here the locals just <deleted> and get on with their lives instead of having nothing better to do than sit in front of their tv's all day whinging about the farang.

NB: I'm aware that some do, but they're aware we don't give a toss. Hell, live in the boonies? No way bah.gif

• Like 1

And THIS is why I like living on the constantly-slagged-off island of Phuket smile.png There's so many of us farang here the locals just <deleted> and get on with their lives instead of having nothing better to do than sit in front of their tv's all day whinging about the farang.

NB: I'm aware that some do, but they're aware we don't give a toss. Hell, live in the boonies? No way bah.gif

Solid words from a decent Wiltshire man I assume :)

• Like 1