Ukrainian Nabbed Taking Driver’S Exam For Friend

Rimmer

Ukrainian Nabbed Taking Driver’s Exam For Friend

233.jpeg

PATTAYA:--A Ukraninan man was caught trying to re-take a Driver’s Exam for a Russian friend, who had failed his earlier attempt to pass the exam. The Ukranian also could not show police a passport when he was arrested, so he is also charged with illegal entry into the kingdom.

BANGLAMUNG- August 14, 2012 [PDN]; At 5 p.m., Pol. Lt. Col. Winai Horean, investigation officer, Banglamung police station, Chonburi province; was notified of a fraud case by Mrs. Thanyarat Meesuk, officer of the transportation department, Banglamung branch, Chonburi province.

Mrs. Thanyarat said they were restraining a “Mr. Witaly,” age 24, a Ukraine national. He had been caught using altered documents to take a driving license exam for someone else.

After being notified, the officer rushed to the driver’s exam room with a police team. When they reached Mr. Witaly, they examined his documents and passport. The documents identified him as Mr. Rustam Valiev, age 28, nationality Russian.

Mrs. Thanyarat told police that on August 10, Mr. Rustam had previously applied for a driver’s license for a motorbike and car. But Mr. Rustam did not pass both the theory and the driving part. So the exam officer made an appointment with Mr. Rustam to take the exam again on August 14.

But on that date, Mr. Rustam sent Mr. Witaly to take the exam instead of him. At first the exam officer didn’t know that it was a different person because their faces were similar. But when the officer tried to ask personal information about Mr. Rustam, the defendant could not answer all his questions.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...xam-for-friend/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-08-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe what I red ....... There are driving school in Thailand ??????????????????????????????????????????????? WOW that's a scoop ..but it seems only foreigners want to learn ... maybe a good time to send Thai people , their skills in driving are ....unique after all.

How the hell do you fail a Thai Driving test?

A very good Q. I know someone who has a life-time Thai drivers license and she never took a test! The police just gave to her when she applied. Mind this was a few years ago.

• Like 1

I cannot believe what I red ....... There are driving school in Thailand ??????????????????????????????????????????????? WOW that's a scoop ..but it seems only foreigners want to learn ... maybe a good time to send Thai people , their skills in driving are ....unique after all.

A Thai friends daughter took driving lessons, not at a school, a few years ago before she took the test. In Isaan!

Why would anyone who has entered the country illegally go anywhere NEAR the cops or a government office where ID is a BIG DEAL? Two dummies.

I'm guessing he was not illegal per say. He just didn't have his passport with him so he was charged as such.

Maybe it is hard to believe because you never read it?

Nobody mentions a driving school... This is about the driving exam, to get the license issued, so you can drive on the roads legally.

Nobody is learning anything here... just being tested if you understand the elusive traffic rules in Thailand.

But its good to see that someone as usual finds a way to bash the Thais when a non thai national have fuc_ked up, then we all know we are on TV, and not some friendly or polite forum.

• Like 2

Um, yeah. And it's the law. In order to drive here you are required to have a DL. You didn't know that?

If you have ever taken the Thai written/electronic test, you would know how difficult it is to pass (English version). There are questions with no right answers, there are questions with two answers that could be correct, there are questions where the answer is correct for one question but incorrect for another, and questions that make absolutely no sense at all. There are also questions that have incorrect "right" answers according to the handbook that can be had for 50 baht (all in Thai though).

When brought to the attention of the proctor and the instructor, they both just walked away saying nothing.

Had the exact same experience when i took my license, some of the questions were so weird, i just had to wing it.

A very good Q. I know someone who has a life-time Thai drivers license and she never took a test! The police just gave to her when she applied. Mind this was a few years ago.

That was normal in the past, all Thais were given a lifetime driving license on application. No idea when it was changed.

• Like 1

Didnt know you could take a drivers license test as a foreigner . without a work permnit smile.png If there is a way please let me know ?

Be in possession of a valid International Driving Permit from your own country. You do not need to take the written test just do the reaction test, unless that has changed.

Edited by Anon999
  • Like 2

Didnt know you could take a drivers license test as a foreigner . without a work permnit smile.png If there is a way please let me know ?

Workpermit is not required.

Your ambassey can give you dokumentation about your address in Thailand instead

Sincerely......the joker must be rewarded

Handcuffed he tries to explain in ukra-thai-english that it was really nothing more then his duty to get his girlfriend a drivers licence.

he was nothing more then fed up with paying the tickets( for his girlfriend and NOT getting arrested) and walking home every time.

The parade is disgusting and in no way justified by the offence committed.