Ukrainian Nabbed Taking Driver’S Exam For Friend

Rimmer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2500 Bath under the table and done. Of course you must talk the right person. Smart people can stay in Thailand. Stupid people, go home!

2500 ---you got ripped. Its was 800 for me for 2 licenses and you out in 20 minutes,-- that was the deal. 20 minutes later I was done. Mind you that was 15 years ago.

You cant pass --they make it that way--the translation is appalling --you can't answer a question you cant understand.

When I mentioned this she said " all falang say this" So 800 baht got the same exam with little pencil marks on the correct answers and this time it went easy.

Is that cheating?

Edited by Fishface

Why do they pretend that cheating is a problem in this country ? They all do it !!!

So, you know all the Thais, good for you.. NONE of my Thai friends even attempted to cheat on the Driving/Riding exams, think you hang around the 'wrong people'.

Of course, you must know very well all your "friends", they also never paid the police instead of going to the police station ! 100% sure !

And this country is also not known as the land of cheat... you must know the country and its people very well !

The only thing that I am sure about is that all this big mouth farangs who know nothing and speak about what they don't know really upset me !

If you have ever taken the Thai written/electronic test, you would know how difficult it is to pass (English version). There are questions with no right answers, there are questions with two answers that could be correct, there are questions where the answer is correct for one question but incorrect for another, and questions that make absolutely no sense at all. There are also questions that have incorrect "right" answers according to the handbook that can be had for 50 baht (all in Thai though).

When brought to the attention of the proctor and the instructor, they both just walked away saying nothing.

I, too, had to take the computerized version THREE times, and was totally perplexed until I figured out that the answer keys weren't properly de-bounced, and pressing the answer for a given question randomly entered the same answer for the subsequent one or two questions (which was, of course, wrong). I then noticed that it had skipped questions, and navigated back to correct the answers, and passed easily. This was for my five-year license. I had taken the written test for the one-year (passed first time), but let it lapse, so had to do the 'new' computerized one.

Check your answers, and the sequence of questions before you submit the test.

• Like 1

Funny story But some places here it is impossible to pass the Test. They will not let you pass no matter what unless you pay for "Extra help" whistling.gif

Frankly spoken, I was impressed about the perfectly organised exam and test for the motorbike driving license in Phuket. In just one day: all tests finished and correctly carried out. No hanky panky. Even Europe has to learn from this where exams cannot be made without having finished first a series of expensive practice lessons. I congratulated the Land Transport Department's relevant section! When it's good, we have to tell it also! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Didnt know you could take a drivers license test as a foreigner . without a work permnit smile.png If there is a way please let me know ?

Workpermit is not required.

Your ambassey can give you dokumentation about your address in Thailand instead

Go to your local immigration office for a letter of residency - no need to go to BKK embassy

Didnt know you could take a drivers license test as a foreigner . without a work permnit smile.png If there is a way please let me know ?

Workpermit is not required.

Your ambassey can give you dokumentation about your address in Thailand instead

From a strictly legal point-of-view: if you're planning to be in Thailand (btw: this rule applies to most countries !) for more than six (6) months, then you can use your home-countries license during those first 6 months (classed as a "Tourist"); however, at 1 second past midnight on the stroke of 6 months, you are required to have a license of the country you're in. The huge and "hidden" problem is that IF you have an accident and you are NOT in possession of this Thai license (after 6 months); then you are automatically EXCLUDED from any insurance cover you may have purchased ! ! ! Don't think I have to explain what disastrous consequences this could have on your life . . . . . .

• Like 2

The test was a joke! I got my car licence the day applied because I had my UK licence with me but I had omitted the bike option went i went from paper to the new plastic licence. So I had to take the test. The day of the test I had to drive on my bike alone about 6km to the center. I had to look at a road-sign book for about 30 mins. The test was multiple choice and the questions were in quite bad broken slightly misleading english. I made one mistake on the test, I then had to show my ability to start my bike and do alittle drive around with a instructor seeming to be more interested in what was for lunch and Passed! The hardest part was the test which if you use commen sense it is easy. failing once is acceptable, more than once then you should be not allowed to go on the road unless you are a passenger.

If you have ever taken the Thai written/electronic test, you would know how difficult it is to pass (English version). There are questions with no right answers, there are questions with two answers that could be correct, there are questions where the answer is correct for one question but incorrect for another, and questions that make absolutely no sense at all. There are also questions that have incorrect "right" answers according to the handbook that can be had for 50 baht (all in Thai though).

When brought to the attention of the proctor and the instructor, they both just walked away saying nothing.

I, too, had to take the computerized version THREE times, and was totally perplexed until I figured out that the answer keys weren't properly de-bounced, and pressing the answer for a given question randomly entered the same answer for the subsequent one or two questions (which was, of course, wrong). I then noticed that it had skipped questions, and navigated back to correct the answers, and passed easily. This was for my five-year license. I had taken the written test for the one-year (passed first time), but let it lapse, so had to do the 'new' computerized one.

Check your answers, and the sequence of questions before you submit the test.

Indeed, it happens... Thes buttons are sometimes failing and the result is "wrong answer". The complexity of the questions is identical to the theory exam in European countries... sometimes all the anwers are correct but only one is more correct than the others. That's how they catch you for paying a re-exam!

How the hell do you fail a Thai Driving test?

A very good Q. I know someone who has a life-time Thai drivers license and she never took a test! The police just gave to her when she applied. Mind this was a few years ago.

And she would never have been guilty of 'putting out' for the coppers would she.

you cant fix stupid.

if you already have a valid license from another country then the test consists of a few simple physical tests (like pressing down on the gas and then slamming the brake).

so many more thoughts, but i dont want to go off on a tangent.

I experienced the same problems with the questions and answers. I was about 3 questions short of a pass and the machine gave the correct answers that I memorised. Then I was put on a different machine a few minutes later where the questions and answers were clearer and I passed.

What I did fail on is lining up the vertical bars. But I passed anyway LOL.

Anyone unable to pass the Thai driving test REALLY does not belong on the road!

If this had worked, the Russian would have a license with his friend picture on it, how did they think that was going to work?

Absolutely.....clearly if you are stupid enough to fail a Thai driving test, you are stupid enough to dream up a scheme like this.

Edited by cowslip
  • Like 1

you cant fix stupid.

if you already have a valid license from another country then the test consists of a few simple physical tests (like pressing down on the gas and then slamming the brake).

so many more thoughts, but i dont want to go off on a tangent.

but if you have to take the question portion on the computer it is not simple. you do have to use your brain. it's only in English or Thai from what I can tell and between the piss poor English on it, it is possible for a non-english speaker to fail.

Funny story But some places here it is impossible to pass the Test. They will not let you pass no matter what unless you pay for "Extra help" whistling.gif

Frankly spoken, I was impressed about the perfectly organised exam and test for the motorbike driving license in Phuket. In just one day: all tests finished and correctly carried out. No hanky panky. Even Europe has to learn from this where exams cannot be made without having finished first a series of expensive practice lessons. I congratulated the Land Transport Department's relevant section! When it's good, we have to tell it also! thumbsup.gif

Hope you also congratulate them when a retard who doesn't know how to drive but got his license will kill your whole family...

Back when I did my Thai Drivers license here in the rice paddies the 30 question paper was only written in Thai no English! They had taken pity on me and let TW sit along side and translate, not a huge amount of help as she was not a driver and never has been kept on saying things like "Zig Zag" <deleted> is that? Found out later she meant overtaking!

Anyway I/We managed 20 correct answers, pass mark was 22 --- To his credit the examiner showed me some mercy and pointed to 2 answers I should ammend, no physical driving test or any other requirements.

I think the fee was 110 Baht for the first one year licence. No graft!

Anyone unable to pass the Thai driving test REALLY does not belong on the road!

If this had worked, the Russian would have a license with his friend picture on it, how did they think that was going to work?

Did you pass it on the first try? I took me two times. I think everyone I know had to take it again at least once. My nephews took 3 times a piece. The English is hard to decipher on a lot of questions. I think this guys problem was he gave up too quickly! They let you take it until you pass I believe.

Agreed. The English is atrocious and the pictures are illustrated poorly so that taking anything in an exact meaning compared to the text is confusing at best. The test is dam_n stupid as everything you are required to answer correctly is never demonstrated in real time driving conditions. Don't even get me going on the driving test and what I saw with my own eyes while watching the Thais ahead of me in the queue. Pathetic drivers all! This is simply a cottage industry to collect money and turn a very small percentage of the Thai population loose on the roads with licenses to terrorize, maim, damage and kill. The rest don't bother with this (sans the underage terrors) because they are not going to be needing this form of ID to get a loan so they can go further into debt.