Ukrainian Nabbed Taking Driver’S Exam For Friend

Rimmer

Didnt know you could take a drivers license test as a foreigner . without a work permnit smile.png If there is a way please let me know ?

Workpermit is not required.

Your ambassey can give you dokumentation about your address in Thailand instead

From a strictly legal point-of-view: if you're planning to be in Thailand (btw: this rule applies to most countries !) for more than six (6) months, then you can use your home-countries license during those first 6 months (classed as a "Tourist"); however, at 1 second past midnight on the stroke of 6 months, you are required to have a license of the country you're in. The huge and "hidden" problem is that IF you have an accident and you are NOT in possession of this Thai license (after 6 months); then you are automatically EXCLUDED from any insurance cover you may have purchased ! ! ! Don't think I have to explain what disastrous consequences this could have on your life . . . . . .

You are wasting your time as I do because MANY people here are going to explain you that we are talking shxt and that insurance do not excude you when you have an accident...

Then later these people wonder why shxt happens to them...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they pretend that cheating is a problem in this country ? They all do it !!!

So, you know all the Thais, good for you.. NONE of my Thai friends even attempted to cheat on the Driving/Riding exams, think you hang around the 'wrong people'.

Of course, you must know very well all your "friends", they also never paid the police instead of going to the police station ! 100% sure !

And this country is also not known as the land of cheat... you must know the country and its people very well !

The only thing that I am sure about is that all this big mouth farangs who know nothing and speak about what they don't know really upset me !

I'd agree with you, but, then we'd BOTH be wrong. I rest my case. Enjoy!

Anyone unable to pass the Thai driving test REALLY does not belong on the road!

If this had worked, the Russian would have a license with his friend picture on it, how did they think that was going to work?

Did you pass it on the first try? I took me two times. I think everyone I know had to take it again at least once. My nephews took 3 times a piece. The English is hard to decipher on a lot of questions. I think this guys problem was he gave up too quickly! They let you take it until you pass I believe.

Yes, first try, both theory and practical, car and motorcycle, (have had no need to get any heavy licence yet) my wife told me that while I was doing the practical (for car), the inspector was telling the others who were to follow "THAT is how it should be done".

I found it ridiculously easy, compared to the test in my home country.

But I get your point and I agree, the English language version of the the theory test could use some improvement, I did find some of the questions ambiguous at best. I had to actually think about the true meaning of some questions for a few seconds.

Considering the "not quite right" English used and the fact that English is not the Russian man's native tongue, maybe I was a little harsh.

If it was the theory component that he had problems with...

Still, what good is a licence with someone else's photo on it?

Didnt know you could take a drivers license test as a foreigner . without a work permnit smile.png If there is a way please let me know ?

Workpermit is not required.

Your ambassey can give you dokumentation about your address in Thailand instead

Go to your local immigration office for a letter of residency - no need to go to BKK embassy

Right and a lot cheaper too!

The test is so laughably easy, it passes as entertainment instead of work. The Ukrainian is a prime candidate for a Darwin award, should he ever take up a dangerous hobby.

Oh yes! You can. In fact it is the law. Here is a guide I made. It's geared toward Chiang Mai but the basics should be the same country wide: http://www.darindunn.com/upload/GettingaThaiDriversLicense.pdf

Police Forces all over the world have to make so many arrests, some may call it a target, if they never make any arrests they could in theory be disbanded. If you really do something stupid and obvious then you should not complain about joining the arrest statistics. This one is a clear example of how not to attempt to get your driving licence.

I think you have to be a Thai resident of some description to obtain a Thai Driving Licence. I have a 'retirement' visa, obtained a medical certificate, a proof of address letter from my local Immigration office and these together with my International Driving Licence was sufficient. All I had to do was the eyesight test and I got the two temporary Driving Licences, for both car and motorbike. After one year I had to get a medical certificate and proof of my address again, take the eyesight test again and got the full 5 years for both licences. All very efficient, polite and co-operative, no tea money, everything very correct.They were very busy on the day I attended and it took about 2 hours but certainly no complaints from me.

"The Ukranian also could not show police a passport when he was arrested, so he is also charged with illegal entry into the kingdom."

"After being notified, the officer rushed to the driver’s exam room with a police team. When they reached Mr. Witaly, they examined his documents and passport. The documents identified him as Mr. Rustam Valiev, age 28, nationality Russian."

???

I cannot believe what I red ....... There are driving school in Thailand ??????????????????????????????????????????????? WOW that's a scoop ..but it seems only foreigners want to learn ... maybe a good time to send Thai people , their skills in driving are ....unique after all.

Um, yeah. And it's the law. In order to drive here you are required to have a DL. You didn't know that?

hmmm he said it with tongue in cheek ...

• Like 1

What's with the use of "farang" throughout TV???? . . . could we not use the slightly less derogatory "foreigner" or perhaps even the actual nationality as it's usually already known in the original articles . . .

Is the word "Farang" derogatory? First I knew about that, thanks!

Anyone unable to pass the Thai driving test REALLY does not belong on the road!

If this had worked, the Russian would have a license with his friend picture on it, how did they think that was going to work?

Absolutely.....clearly if you are stupid enough to fail a Thai driving test, you are stupid enough to dream up a scheme like this.

I wasn't going to actually say that, so I'm glad someone else caught my meaning.

"The Ukranian also could not show police a passport when he was arrested, so he is also charged with illegal entry into the kingdom."

"After being notified, the officer rushed to the driver’s exam room with a police team. When they reached Mr. Witaly, they examined his documents and passport. The documents identified him as Mr. Rustam Valiev, age 28, nationality Russian."

???

You noticed that too... "???" indeed.

Just Yesterday I was asked for by a friend of mine to take the exam instead of him. I said NO, but I just don't have a spare time to help.

But if I knew this news I would never help anyone with it, it does not matter I have a spare time or not.

Edited by AzarovDmitriy
  • Like 1

Kudo's for police efficiency! Seems that the team managed to inspect the passport that he didn't have....

"When they reached Mr. Witaly, they examined his documents and passport. The documents identified him as Mr. Rustam Valiev, age 28, nationality Russian"

"The Ukranian also could not show police a passport when he was arrested."

That's great forensics.

1. green light go, 2. yellow light go. 3. red light go. 4. never stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk; NEVER. 5. Never signal when changing

lanes.

6. never apply your breaks. Always honk your horn in bumper to bumper traffic when traffic is at a standstill in order to get the

traffic moving again; especially if there is a red light.

7. Never pull aside to let an ambulance get thru, even if it could be your son, daughter, mother, or father in the ambulance; and especially if

it might be your nagging wife.

8. Always look in the rear view mirror when you putting on your make up, and make sure your carrying on a conversation with someone

on your mobile phone at the same time.

9. Always have your EZ-Bribe A Cop Card with you at all times. 10. Always cut in front of the care beside you.

10. Follow as close as possible to the rear end of the car in front of you, so you can use it to break your speed as quick as possible should

there be an accident because of a technical failure of the cars breaking sysem.

11, Run away as fast as you can from an accident, and make sure you tell the Cops your car was stolen.

Post Script: Number 9 is worth repeating. always, Always, ALWAYS, carry your EZ-BRIBE A COP CARD with you. coffee1.gifgiggle.gif

Marquis22: Pursuant to the term Farrang, It is in no way shape or form insulting. It means someone of European Ancestry. That is all. Although not all white skined people are of European ancestry.

Although among my many American Thais friends that I grew up with as a child and who taught me to

speak their native language fluently, I never once heard them once use the the term "Farang." coffee1.gif

Edited by jerrysteve

Maybe I am missing something here, when I applied for my license in BKK at chatterjack I simply did a color blind test and a timed reaction braking test, is this because I had a USA current license at the time ? was this test the same as a first qualifying test? if so what a couple of dummies.