Ukrainian Nabbed Taking Driver’S Exam For Friend

Rimmer

several questions have "no answer" in that all are incorrect or more than one is possible. And several more are just very unclear . No questions about ratio of drinking to driving. No questions about giving way to an ambulance. No questions about cross walks. I pointed these out to the exam giver in a friendly way (speak Thai fluently) and she agreed and we laughed. Driving test was next day. total waste of time: 1.5 days. And now I have a 1 year temporary license. Why? It means I have to go back next year and pay some more and waste a few hours getting a multiple year. Are there insurance implications when driving with a 1 year license as opposed to a multiple year one?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with the use of "farang" throughout TV???? . . . could we not use the slightly less derogatory "foreigner" or perhaps even the actual nationality as it's usually already known in the original articles . . .

Farang Clearly describes what we are to our hosts!!!!

"The Ukranian also could not show police a passport when he was arrested, so he is also charged with illegal entry into the kingdom."

"After being notified, the officer rushed to the driver’s exam room with a police team. When they reached Mr. Witaly, they examined his documents and passport. The documents identified him as Mr. Rustam Valiev, age 28, nationality Russian."

???

You noticed that too... "???" indeed.

The passport and documents were probably the false ones IE he was taking a test for a Russian friend he could't show his OWN passport.

The picture is excellent, begging a caption competition.

"Don't worry, happens everyday. Look, we got you a nice interpreter."

Here you go:

ukrainian_mess.jpg

Brilliant! I think to first price in the caption competition goes to you, catweazle.

The picture is excellent, begging a caption competition.

"Don't worry, happens everyday. Look, we got you a nice interpreter."

Here you go:

ukrainian_mess.jpg

Brilliant! I think to first price in the caption competition goes to you, catweazle.

Hi Morakot,

thanks - I truly appreciate that. Just couldn't hold it since the photo and facial expressions were just too tempting smile.png

Anyone unable to pass the Thai driving test REALLY does not belong on the road!

If this had worked, the Russian would have a license with his friend picture on it, how did they think that was going to work?

I laughed and laughed at this one ....... thank you!

If you have ever taken the Thai written/electronic test, you would know how difficult it is to pass (English version). There are questions with no right answers, there are questions with two answers that could be correct, there are questions where the answer is correct for one question but incorrect for another, and questions that make absolutely no sense at all. There are also questions that have incorrect "right" answers according to the handbook that can be had for 50 baht (all in Thai though).

When brought to the attention of the proctor and the instructor, they both just walked away saying nothing.

Had the exact same experience when i took my license, some of the questions were so weird, i just had to wing it.

Therefore no problem - I assume you DID pass?

Anyone unable to pass the Thai driving test REALLY does not belong on the road!

If this had worked, the Russian would have a license with his friend picture on it, how did they think that was going to work?

I laughed and laughed at this one ....... thank you!

If you have ever taken the Thai written/electronic test, you would know how difficult it is to pass (English version). There are questions with no right answers, there are questions with two answers that could be correct, there are questions where the answer is correct for one question but incorrect for another, and questions that make absolutely no sense at all. There are also questions that have incorrect "right" answers according to the handbook that can be had for 50 baht (all in Thai though).

When brought to the attention of the proctor and the instructor, they both just walked away saying nothing.

Had the exact same experience when i took my license, some of the questions were so weird, i just had to wing it.

Therefore no problem - I assume you DID pass?

Sure i passed 2nd time around, i had a few where i new the right questions were wrong, so i guesstimated...

If anyone can not pass the Thai written/electronic test they are really dumb, I got a car licence and because I had my OZ licence with me I did not have to take the electronic test only the test for eyes and brake and lights, after one year I renewed my car licence and went for my motor bike licence, because I already had the car licence I thought I would not have to do the electronic test but I was wrong I had to do the test, I did not read any thing before going for the test it was a real surprise to do the test, I passed first time, the questions are the same or very similar to the test in OZ, it was just simple common sense, no problem, I also had to do the eye, brake and light test, I also had to do a riding test and passed that first time also.

I am 74 and on a extension of stay for retirement

You should consider two things before you write that we are dumb for failing the first time around.

It is not the same questions every time, so you have no idea what others testquestions are.

Secondly in my first test, i had so many stupidly put questions i hardly understood what they wanted me to answer too and im def. not dumb.

The questions i could understand i had no problems with, but it is hard to pass at the first attempt, when the English used is so bad even google translate wins.

Then again why do we need to know your age? To make us look even dumber?

And what does your type of visa have to do with this issue???

So now we know you can drive a car around a closed curcuit... congrats old fart!

Sorry for this to everyone else, but i hate when someone tries to play smart, and overdoes by adding irrelevant info too!

Someone asked about getting a licence with out a work visa in this thread that why I put the retirement thing in, you should read all the post, yes age just to make you look more dumber, don't know where you took your test I took mine in Bangkok near Bang Chak BTS Station and it was very easy, everything worked OK, computer was very good, about thirty question I think, all very easy to understand, all the illustration easy to see and understand and I went in cold did not know I had to take a test.

Be very careful who you call an old fart, I challenge you to race me in a car on any track you want and I will put up 100,000 BHT to back myself, it must be identical cars, same for the bike on any track and another 100,000 BHT, also take me on at 100 km walk and another 100,000 BHT, and see if you can best me with the ladies and another 100,000 BHT, you must prove your JannoDL and put up the same amount of money, make sure you have the money because I am serious, and anyone that can not pass the test is dumb.

Someone asked about getting a licence with out a work visa in this thread that why I put the retirement thing in, you should read all the post, yes age just to make you look more dumber, don't know where you took your test I took mine in Bangkok near Bang Chak BTS Station and it was very easy, everything worked OK, computer was very good, about thirty question I think, all very easy to understand, all the illustration easy to see and understand and I went in cold did not know I had to take a test.

Be very careful who you call an old fart, I challenge you to race me in a car on any track you want and I will put up 100,000 BHT to back myself, it must be identical cars, same for the bike on any track and another 100,000 BHT, also take me on at 100 km walk and another 100,000 BHT, and see if you can best me with the ladies and another 100,000 BHT, you must prove your JannoDL and put up the same amount of money, make sure you have the money because I am serious, and anyone that can not pass the test is dumb.

No it would not make more sense to read all the posts, even though i did...

You quoted my post, so its very realistic i expect you to be answering me, and not everybody.

I do not want to make an argument about this, but you asume a lot when you write here, again you asume i would want to race you for 100.000 bht, why on earth would i want to do that? I dont really care how well you do in bed, next thing you are going to tell me, all the girls think you are a handsome man? Let me enligthen you... Everyone assumed to have money in this country have been told that sentence a lot of times, it does not make it thru.

Be realistic, the days when you were a handsome stud are ower, as they soon will be for me too!

I call you an old fart, because you feel like you have to include your age for no reason whatsoever, and try your best to look as if you are better than everyone else... And now you even add some challenge thing that is so far off from this discussion it is ridicoulous...

I simply dont get how you are thinking, or how you land at this kind of an answer.

I took my test in Pattaya, Chonburi province, and as far as i recall at least 3 perhaps even 5 of my questions had the wrong answers marked as correct answers. i finished the test very fast, and when i saw the answers after failing, and pointed the faults out to the staff there, they did exactly nothing, and just walked away, as most thais they could not say anything to anyone, because that person might loose face.

Better to keep the status quo, and let the foreigner fuc_k up as mush as he wants too. It is hard to pass a test, where you get a foul, even though you answer correctly.

My guess would be you got lucky, and just hit everything on the nose the first time around.

Even though i knew i had to take a test, i went in cold too, and failed marginally, but that is not the issue here... i do not understand why you have to point out how well you did... it only makes you sound like a pompous... Please note i left out that little three letter word after pompous that most people use!

Rant finished!

What's with the use of "farang" throughout TV???? . . . could we not use the slightly less derogatory "foreigner" or perhaps even the actual nationality as it's usually already known in the original articles . . .

Farang Clearly describes what we are to our hosts!!!!

That we are green fruit with white flesh and hard seeds in the middle.

Never more than 90 0r sometimes, 150 days in the country = Non Immigrant -O- and 60 days extension for family reasons, Thai children it is.

I never even tried to go for a Thai drivers license.

Works well as it is and I had accidents with police involved in the past!

Never any problem with my Drivers license from my home country and an International drivers license.

And yes, police and Immigration officers, love teamoney! wink.png

Obviously your age and experience have not helped you to overcome your very childish nature.