BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Rimmer

Ukrainian Nabbed Taking Driver’S Exam For Friend

How the hell do you fail a Thai Driving test?

Similar to failing a British Driving test !

• Like 1

Well if they are curious as to what he was going to do for work in Thailand they can rule out Rocket Scientist ,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

I cannot believe what I red ....... There are driving school in Thailand ??????????????????????????????????????????????? WOW that's a scoop ..but it seems only foreigners want to learn ... maybe a good time to send Thai people , their skills in driving are ....unique after all.

Um, yeah. And it's the law. In order to drive here you are required to have a DL. You didn't know that?

hmmm he said it with tongue in cheek ...

• Like 1

What's with the use of "farang" throughout TV???? . . . could we not use the slightly less derogatory "foreigner" or perhaps even the actual nationality as it's usually already known in the original articles . . .

Is the word "Farang" derogatory? First I knew about that, thanks!

Anyone unable to pass the Thai driving test REALLY does not belong on the road!

If this had worked, the Russian would have a license with his friend picture on it, how did they think that was going to work?

Absolutely.....clearly if you are stupid enough to fail a Thai driving test, you are stupid enough to dream up a scheme like this.

I wasn't going to actually say that, so I'm glad someone else caught my meaning.

"The Ukranian also could not show police a passport when he was arrested, so he is also charged with illegal entry into the kingdom."

"After being notified, the officer rushed to the driver’s exam room with a police team. When they reached Mr. Witaly, they examined his documents and passport. The documents identified him as Mr. Rustam Valiev, age 28, nationality Russian."

???

You noticed that too... "???" indeed.

The problem is Pattaya has become an anex of Moscow. The Russians get away with just about anything 99% of the time. This was the exception...lol

They want to turn Pattaya into a family-friendly resort.......

Just Yesterday I was asked for by a friend of mine to take the exam instead of him. I said NO, but I just don't have a spare time to help.

But if I knew this news I would never help anyone with it, it does not matter I have a spare time or not.

Edited by AzarovDmitriy
  • Like 1

Kudo's for police efficiency! Seems that the team managed to inspect the passport that he didn't have....

"When they reached Mr. Witaly, they examined his documents and passport. The documents identified him as Mr. Rustam Valiev, age 28, nationality Russian"

"The Ukranian also could not show police a passport when he was arrested."

That's great forensics.

1. green light go, 2. yellow light go. 3. red light go. 4. never stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk; NEVER. 5. Never signal when changing

lanes.

6. never apply your breaks. Always honk your horn in bumper to bumper traffic when traffic is at a standstill in order to get the

traffic moving again; especially if there is a red light.

7. Never pull aside to let an ambulance get thru, even if it could be your son, daughter, mother, or father in the ambulance; and especially if

it might be your nagging wife.

8. Always look in the rear view mirror when you putting on your make up, and make sure your carrying on a conversation with someone

on your mobile phone at the same time.

9. Always have your EZ-Bribe A Cop Card with you at all times. 10. Always cut in front of the care beside you.

10. Follow as close as possible to the rear end of the car in front of you, so you can use it to break your speed as quick as possible should

there be an accident because of a technical failure of the cars breaking sysem.

11, Run away as fast as you can from an accident, and make sure you tell the Cops your car was stolen.

Post Script: Number 9 is worth repeating. always, Always, ALWAYS, carry your EZ-BRIBE A COP CARD with you. coffee1.gifgiggle.gif

How the hell do you fail a Thai Driving test?

You don't, you just don't sit one in the first place. Well TIT.

Marquis22: Pursuant to the term Farrang, It is in no way shape or form insulting. It means someone of European Ancestry. That is all. Although not all white skined people are of European ancestry.

Although among my many American Thais friends that I grew up with as a child and who taught me to

speak their native language fluently, I never once heard them once use the the term "Farang." coffee1.gif

Edited by jerrysteve

Maybe I am missing something here, when I applied for my license in BKK at chatterjack I simply did a color blind test and a timed reaction braking test, is this because I had a USA current license at the time ? was this test the same as a first qualifying test? if so what a couple of dummies.