Extreme Cambered Rear Wheels

kawapower

You see many cars now with extreme rear cambered wheels, surely this is very dangerous In a road going car, is this now just a styling modification which is dangerous!! I can't even say it looks good and that is coming from someone that loves modified cars.

Not sure exactly what you mean by extreme camber.???

Remember BM's rear's cambering outwards when extra weight in the back.

I mean I have seen cars with the wheels almost at a 45 degree angle at the rear, is that not extreme!!

My IPad will not let me post pictures on tv.

Edited by kawapower

I haven't seen anything like that on the Thai roads.

Really, I have seen a few, not far from the big Honda dealer near the big bike rental place not far from Supercheap there is an extreme example of this type of car, also the boss of C Cube has one of these cars. Looks horrible in my opinion!!

All independent rear suspension adds negative camber if lowered or heavy load if the rear has drive shafts connected to a fixed differential housing. And am sure there are kits out there to go extreme with this set up. smile.png

Is it a safe thing to be doing?

Yes there are kits for this modification.

I am quite sure the wheels of the cars in the YouTube clip are not like that because of shopping in the boot!!

Edited by kawapower

All independent rear suspension adds negative camber if lowered or heavy load if the rear has drive shafts connected to a fixed differential housing. And am sure there are kits out there to go extreme with this set up. smile.png

Is it a safe thing to be doing?

Yes there are kits for this modification.

I am quite sure the wheels of the cars in the YouTube clip are not like that because of shopping in the boot!!

IF, tyre pressures are adhered to, if over inflated then not safe. sad.png

It's VIP style.

The car rides on airbag suspension and they stretch the tire to fit the widest wheels possible without scraping.

Looks dangerous.

Race cars run them like that, but on a road car it must be dangerous as you are losing a lot of tyre contact with the road.