Curious Comment At Imm Re 90 Day Reports.

Yesterday I did my first ever 90 day address report at a different Immigration office with a 'new' OA retirement visa. Everything was boringly ok just like all the previous years on a marriage extention, but the Immigration Officer made an interesting and confusing comment to my girlfriend.

He could see from P/P stamps that I had been married previously and that I am now in rented accomodation locally. He said to her that as long as I am 52 or over (NOT 50) and in rented accomodation and married, He can arrange for me NOT to do 90 day reports.

Does anyone know about this or was it just yet another Immigration fairy story?

Thanks Guys.

p.s. I have NOT taken this as a reason to get married! 555

Here in Chiang Mai there are various visa assist agents who will take over doing your 90 day reports for 1000 baht/year. A real bargain if travel is a hardship or you're too busy. Maybe the I/O was going to recommend a service like that. It's perfectly legal for a third party to do your 90 day reports and doesn't require a special letter or form.

Edited by NancyL

Here in Chiang Mai there are various visa assist agents who will take over doing your 90 day reports for 1000 baht/year. A real bargain if travel is a hardship or you're too busy. Maybe the I/O was going to recommend a service like that. It's perfectly legal for a third party to do your 90 day reports and doesn't require a special letter or form.

It seems to be possible

Several Khon Kaen based expats, pay 1000 baht at KK immigration, and do not need to do the reports.

They get an official bill.

Edited by hansnl

You can get a courier to do it for you. Or just send your wife. No need to waste valuable time just to save a few hundred baht a year.

As stated in previous posts: You don't have to report in person! You only have to take care of the correct documents eg. copies of passport.

Here's some info I came across whilst looking up about Ed-Visa. This an actual official Thai Immigration site for BKK office.

http://bangkok.immig...php?page=90days

Very interesting link. Most valuable are:

- reporting between 15 days prior and 7 days after the original reporting-date

- leaving the country and re-enter sets the "90-day-counter" on "zero".

Of course, some if not all immigration-offices will interpreted those rules differently.

Of course, some if not all immigration-offices will interpreted those rules differently.

Nothing new in the cited list.

And there is generally no different treatment of this topic at different locations.

And the link gives no clue to what the topic starter wrote.

Edited by KhunBENQ

re ..

Here in Chiang Mai there are various visa assist agents who will take over doing your 90 day reports

shes right and im taking mine in here tomorrow for my 90 day on the 26 th

dave2

ps .. this office is in chiang mai land ... chiang mai ... not korat ... sorry meatboy : (

post-42592-0-26550900-1345387398_thumb.j

post-42592-0-66831200-1345387481_thumb.j

• Like 1