Best Breakfast In Cm?

brotherother

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me the best of them all is un irish bars big irish breakfast . went to mad dogs once after hearing recommendations on here (didnt like it ). un irish far better !!!!

UN Irish Pub (strange name) and Archers are both walking distance from me so I'll take a look.

Cheers

I have been going to the Old Bell in the Loi Kroh Rd for breakfast for more than five years and have never had cause to complain. The selection available is impressive and I think they have more than four different types of sausage including the good old Cumberland. They also have bubble and squeak and black pudding, white pudding, a big favourite of mine, i have not seen anywhere in Chiang Mai. The other big plus for me is that they have a wide selection of newspapers, some only a few days old ( 555 ) and its hard to beat a full English breakfast whilst reading the paper.

I have been going to the Old Bell in the Loi Kroh Rd for breakfast for more than five years and have never had cause to complain. The selection available is impressive and I think they have more than four different types of sausage including the good old Cumberland. They also have bubble and squeak and black pudding, white pudding, a big favourite of mine, i have not seen anywhere in Chiang Mai. The other big plus for me is that they have a wide selection of newspapers, some only a few days old ( 555 ) and its hard to beat a full English breakfast whilst reading the paper.

Agreed The Olde Bell is a good choice for a fry up - they have a variety of set breakfasts or you can just pick and mix whatever you want. Recommend a cheese omelette made from which ever cheese you fancy from the good selection available as a basis and add stuff licklips.gif

Mad Dog's healthy breakfast, however, is wonderful - the yogurt, muesli, and fresh fruit choice. Surprising.

Any Americans still following this thread would miss out on 'home cookin' if they did not try Pun-Pun (advertised in yellow above at the top). Ate my fill this very morning and admit that no other place here in CM reminds me of the U.S. as much, with regard to the big breakfast.

• Like 1

Well, since someone has already mentioned us, let me add this. Two of the best selling meals we have are "The Superman Breakfast" and the "Chicken Fried Steak Dinner". A couple days ago, one or our regulars, who is torn between the two and which to order, suggested ' why not offer the Superman with a portion of the Chicken Fried Steak. My answer was "What for Breakfast???"

I tried it and dam_n it was realllllly good.

So here it is...... As with all our meals...... preferably for the serious eaters..... Now Big Bob you will have to think further. tongue.png

Pun Pun's Superman w Chicken Fried Steak Breakfast.

ChickenFriedSuperman.jpg

Edited by ThePunPun
  • Like 1

Mad Dog's healthy breakfast, however, is wonderful - the yogurt, muesli, and fresh fruit choice. Surprising.

Any Americans still following this thread would miss out on 'home cookin' if they did not try Pun-Pun (advertised in yellow above at the top). Ate my fill this very morning and admit that no other place here in CM reminds me of the U.S. as much, with regard to the big breakfast.

Agree on the healthy breakfast at Mad Dog.

Chicken Fried Steak, whatever that is, Saute Potatoes with fried Onions and Green Peppers, that's hardly Breakfast fare, unless you eat it at breakfast time, I knew there was a reason we let you win at Yorktown :-)

Edited by Phrafarang

Anybody have experience with food at The Olde Bell on Loi Kroh rd? As a "British" pub I presume they do a good breakfast.

Went there once not sure what I ordered some sort of egg's with Ham. All I can remember is the Ham was Delicious.

The UN Irish pup is good.

Edited by hellodolly

Well, since someone has already mentioned us, let me add this. Two of the best selling meals we have are "The Superman Breakfast" and the "Chicken Fried Steak Dinner". A couple days ago, one or our regulars, who is torn between the two and which to order, suggested ' why not offer the Superman with a portion of the Chicken Fried Steak. My answer was "What for Breakfast???"

So here it is...... As with all our meals...... preferably for the serious eaters..... Now Big Bob you will have to think further. tongue.png

ChickenFriedSuperman.jpg

The cafe down the street from me here in New Mexico has the chicken fried steak for breakfast you can also get it with Green Chile Gravy, yum. You get Two eggs 8 oz. chicken fried steak and spuds.

Butter is Better best blueberry pancakes around, Gypses has very good corned beef hash for breakfast having said that Omalleys at the night market has very good corned beef hash on a few days a week. My problem is with the eggs no one knows how to cook over easy except the Dynasty Inn in Bangkok.

ChickenFriedSuperman.jpg

Cost of all of this, less the coffee, I am not a coffee drinker. And if the Potaotes you want without the onions and peper is that doable or asking to much ?

re .. Gypses has very good corned beef hash for breakfast

if you mean gipsys grill opposite tonys big bikes ?

its closed and for sale as gipsy had a serious stroke

a few weeks ago and was in hospital the last i heard : (

dave2... a very mild stroke victim ! ... luckily : )

post-42592-0-55829000-1345390095_thumb.j

My personal best is Bake & Bite on Kotchasarn Rd Soi 1. They have a great breakfast selection. Love the Egg Bennie! And they know how to cook eggs over easy so that's a big plus for Thailand. They also have homemade wholewheat bread and healthy options that don't taste weird so that's a plus. Their Muesli Pancake are fantastic, best pancakes I've ever had. Coffee is very good. I've been there several times and never been disappointed. It's a bit on the pricey side but it's a nice treat once in a while.

Is it the best place for Breakfast around here? Who knows but it's a pretty decent one for Chiang Mai!

My personal best is Bake & Bite on Kotchasarn Rd Soi 1. They have a great breakfast selection. Love the Egg Bennie! And they know how to cook eggs over easy so that's a big plus for Thailand. They also have homemade wholewheat bread and healthy options that don't taste weird so that's a plus. Their Muesli Pancake are fantastic, best pancakes I've ever had. Coffee is very good. I've been there several times and never been disappointed. It's a bit on the pricey side but it's a nice treat once in a while.

Is it the best place for Breakfast around here? Who knows but it's a pretty decent one for Chiang Mai!

I like Bake and Bite too, but that location has been closed for several years. There is a newer one across the river, but it is difficult to explain how to get there.