Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, what an interesting question ...'Can coming to Thailand make you bisexual'... I put this in the same basket as .... 'Can coming to Africa make you a negro'.

No thats a stupid analogy,how can you turn black by going to Africa ? read the question ,i never knew him to be attracted to anyone but women in 20 odd years and i doubt if he had even seen a transexuall ,but after seeing them has he become bisexual? i never saw him take any interest in the gay men here.

He's still interested in females. Ladyboys are females with an extra feature or not if they've been cut. Case closed.

Oh come on JT....I'm breaking into a bit of Carpenters here..."Its only just begun...."

Not sure what you're talking about. In my experience straight men who come to Thailand and start loving ladyboys do NOT transition to liking male men sexually. Sure anything can happen but it is obviously RARE.
  • Like 2

Jeez, what an interesting question ...'Can coming to Thailand make you bisexual'... I put this in the same basket as .... 'Can coming to Africa make you a negro'.

No thats a stupid analogy,how can you turn black by going to Africa ? read the question ,i never knew him to be attracted to anyone but women in 20 odd years and i doubt if he had even seen a transexuall ,but after seeing them has he become bisexual? i never saw him take any interest in the gay men here.

"No thats a stupid analogy,how can you turn black by going to Africa ?"

You don't grow tits by coming to Thailand either.

Edit: Sorry, he isn't going ladyboy, just going with them...........rolleyes.gif . I recognize the difference.

Edited by chrisinth

While not caring one way or the other and having nothing whatsoever against ladyboys ,they are not women ,biologically they are still men ,unless they have a womb and can have children.

I wouldn't hold anything against them either. But that is personal choice.............thumbsup.gif

When I first came to Thailand, I loved Patong Beach - which was quite nice back in those days. I hung out with a bunch of English guys and we hit the bars every night. There was a guy from Canada staying at the same hotel and we would always invite him to go with us, but he said that he was a Christian and had no interest in such goings on. After a few weeks of this, we invited him to go out for the Thai Holiday - Loi Katung - and the English guys told him that it was called "Loi Katoey" and it was traditional to party with katoeys for the night.

To make a long story short, he really enjoyed himself and he spent the rest of his holiday picking up ladyboys every night and never mentioned the religious stuff again. I don't know what to call him, but he was not straight.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Ladyboys are men pretending to be women. Heterosexual men do not want to sleep with other men no matter what costumes they are wearing.

That's a popular point of view, but it's a lot more than just "pretending". Surgery, hormones - it's a huge effort. Many of these ladies start taking hormones from the age of puberty. It's hardly like they wake up one day and say "I want to pretend I'm a woman". They actually feel like woman who were born with the wrong body parts.

• Like 1

I have heard that anal or oral with the opposite sex has little risk of pregnancy as well.............thumbsup.gif

Just Sayin'

Of course some genius had to spell out the obvious.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Ladyboys are men pretending to be women. Heterosexual men do not want to sleep with other men no matter what costumes they are wearing.

That's a popular point of view, but it's a lot more than just "pretending". Surgery, hormones - it's a huge effort. Many of these ladies start taking hormones from the age of puberty. It's hardly like they wake up one day and say "I want to pretend I'm a woman". They actually feel like woman who were born with the wrong body parts.

There seems to be a disproportionate number in Thailand however?

Surely some are gay rather than transsexual wannabees?

• Like 1

If bisexual is the wrong term, then if:

[1] heterosexual - attracted to a member of the opposite sex.

[2] homosexual - attracted to ones own sex

[3] bisexual - attracted to both sexes

is there a term for a man that is attracted to both women and ladyboys (knowing full well that they are in fact genetically men) ?

A friend asked me this a couple of days back whistling.gif

Oooor..... they want to dodge military service....

totster :D

• Like 1

Nope, don't think so - I've never met one that would describe themselves as gay.

I don't believe there is and how would you know that.

For starters, the smaller physical characteristics of Asian males leads to a better approximation of female dimensions compared to non-Asian women.

Secondly, most decent looking katoeys converge on tourist locations for obvious reasons favouring Phuket, Pattaya and Bangkok most. That would give you the impression there are so many in Thailand.

Thirdly, being katoey is more socially acceptable in Thailand compared to most countries, so they're not hiding at home. You can find them all over the Philippines too, but because of the religion and social stigma, they're not usually running around making themselves visible.

Edited by tropo

If bisexual is the wrong term, then if:

[1] heterosexual - attracted to a member of the opposite sex.

[2] homosexual - attracted to ones own sex

[3] bisexual - attracted to both sexes

is there a term for a man that is attracted to both women and ladyboys (knowing full well that they are in fact genetically men) ?

There has got to be, because the question does not seem answerable without a fourth option, and/or shades of gray.

I totally get the Jingthing-side saying that when someone is attracted to largely female features then it's not gay. I also totally get the Ulysses-side saying that 'if you like a dick on your chick' then clearly you're something other than vanilla straight.

There's got to be more than these three; I guess this is also why in academic research the terminology is MHSWM these days: Men having sex with men; that ladyboys are biologically male puts them in this group it seems.

Having my <deleted> repeatedly groped by gay men every Song Kran funnily enough hasn't swayed me.

Your friends probably just been trying to keep the closet door shut for years.

Gotta quit wearing those leather pants during Song Kran Arthur......................thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gif

Thank you for that, some common sense at last.

Guys that like to have sex with anything other than a true female of the species and the same applies in reverse, are sexual deviants, pure and simple.

Not saying this is wrong, but a fact is a fact, so make of it what you will.

Common sense and political correctness don't fit well.

BTW, at the gay club near my house, there are always a few lady boys hanging around. It seems some Thai gays have more realistic views on reality.

BTW at the Police Station near my house there are always a few criminals on the premises. Because I'm quite intelligent this has led me to the belief that criminals and Police are the same thing.

• Like 2

Nope, don't think so - I've never met one that would describe themselves as gay.

That's daft.

Of course they're gay.They are men who want to have sex with men; that makes them gay. I've met plenty who describe themselves as gay.

Just because they may have surgery and take hormones to make them appear more feminine is largely beside the point.

They don't feel they are women trapped in men's bodies since, if that were the case, more of them would actually have "the chop". When I've asked a couple of them how they felt when making the decision to get the snip knowing that they could never get back what they've "lost", they say they never wanted to have sex with women before so it wasn't exactly gonna change in the future.

Many of them consider the fact that they can "pitch" as well as "catch" to be a unique selling point so let's dispense with the notion they're not gay.

• Like 1

You better prepare yourself for some flak, sunshine. There's many gay people on this forum who may not appreciate your sentiments.

It's not worth the effort. It's a bit like painting the Sydney Harbour Bridge. No sooner have you finished than you have to start all over again. Best just to let them wallow in their unthinking ignorance.

• Like 1

Perhaps he found that he just liked playing with dicks rather than vaginas?.

i must say that no matter how fantastic looking a ladyboy is ,when she took off her panties and a meat and two veg popped out it would put me right off i personally would just think it was having sex with a man,each to his own but not for me even after 23 years here

• Like 1

are sexual deviants, pure and simple.

Not saying this is wrong

He, he, he - I'm not homophobic but.................

The objectives behind sexual intercourse between any life forms is to breed.

Take away the normal male to female role models, than the human race would become extinct, probably within the next 100 years, unless artificial insemination procedures are introduced.

So therefore, anything other than a male to female sexual intercourse in scientific terms has to be a deviation as to what nature intended.

As to being classified as homophobic, I don’t think so, more being a realist for practical reasons I think.

The reasons how anyone can be physically attracted to persons of the same sex are a great mystery to me. So I stand to be enlightened and also to try and understand what are the benefits of same sex relationships? I am yet to hear some good arguments that will convince me.

This is dopey.

If 10% of the human population are gay now, have been gay through the whole of history and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future, the human population would not go extinct.

This is fact close to the actual state of affairs, give or take 5%, and therefore there is no good reason to suppose that nature didn't intend and engineer a minor percentage of the population to be gay.

So to call it "deviant" is the opposite of scientific thinking: it is ignorance.

You might as well call women past menopause who have heterosexual sex "deviants".

• Like 2

I have heard that anal or oral with the opposite sex has little risk of pregnancy as well.............thumbsup.gif

Just Sayin'

Of course some genius had to spell out the obvious.

You sort of asked for that reply didn't you.................biggrin.png

A guy who likes Ladyboys is a heterosexual with a kink, not gay.

Ladyboys are boys, they have nothing feminine, nothing a woman has.

Guys being sexually attracted to ladyboys are either gay or bisexual. Simple as that, and nothing to be ashamed of.