Work Permit - List Of Dicounts

Work Permit - List of Discounts

Hi all,

Why don’t we make a list of spots in Thailand which offer discounted ticket rates for foreigners holding work permits? I hate the double pricing in this country and really appreciate when my WP grants me a fair price.

Places that come to mind are:

Khao Yai National park – don’t remember how much but the discount for the entrance to the national park was substantial.

Palace in Lopburi – It’s not official but I managed to persuade the people at the gates that I should pay the Thai price as I have a WP.

Any more spots you can think of? Please share. Places that DON'T offer discount are also welcome.

Cheers,

It should be all National parks, zoos, museums, etc. You can usually get the same price with a Thai driver's license also.

However, many workers don't know the rules and only know to charge foreigners more. Temples tend to be the worst. I was with all of my inlaws making merit for Grandma's funeral and they still tried to charge me as a tourist. A little narrow minded I thought, but Im not going to argue a point of principle during a somber occassion.

Anything privately owned or the Grand Palace is only discounted for Thais.

It should be all National parks, zoos, museums, etc.

I agree, It should. But unfortunately it isn't. There's no discount in the Grand Palace from what I know, same stands for Sukothai temples - I had to pay a full foreigners fare 2 weeks ago. That's just two examples.

And here's another piece of bad news. National Parks get more expensive soon. 500 B for foreigners and 100 for Thais. Used to be 400 for foreigners and 40 for Thais so instead paying 10 times more than locals well pay just 5 times more. Hooray! :/

Any other places where the work permit get's us in at a discounted rate?

cheers,

Edited by manonthemon

It should be all National parks, zoos, museums, etc. You can usually get the same price with a Thai driver's license also.

However, many workers don't know the rules and only know to charge foreigners more. Temples tend to be the worst. I was with all of my inlaws making merit for Grandma's funeral and they still tried to charge me as a tourist. A little narrow minded I thought, but Im not going to argue a point of principle during a somber occassion.

Anything privately owned or the Grand Palace is only discounted for Thais.

On the contrary, speaking politely in Thai has often worked for me.