Are Ghosts For Real?

I’ve always been amused by the constant reference to “phee” or ghosts here in Thailand but a recent eerie experience has made me rethink my skepticism of spirits visiting from another dimension. Thai culture seems to accept the existence of spirits. Why? What is the origin of this belief? Has anyone else had strange supernatural experiences (while sober)?

:o Mymechew :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep they are as real as vampires and alien abductions my friend,meanwhile one of my girlfriends still would not go within 100metres of the beach at night.she was so afraid she would start crying if i tried to make her,poor thing.

Edited by steve w

Yes, absolutely. I know one: He, she or it often closes doors in my house with a big bang.

He, she or it manifests itself thereby as a chilly draught.

Jokes aside.

I think these are elements of the oldest belief system, animism, in the practice of faith.

There are many, maybe less recognizable, in Christianism as well.

The beautiful thing in Thailand is the harmonious way aspects of both beliefsystems are balanced in daily practice.

For that reason I think the answer should be yes. It is in the minds of our Thai friends and if you live here long enough you become more sensitive to it yourself.

The mind influences the perception of reality, so it is part of it, isn't it?

Limbo :o

I am told that the Lahu (Muser) here in Northern Thailand still profess the purest form of animist Sjamanism.

Try to visit their New Year celebration (but don't ask me when it is).

Edited by Limbo

If you read my Blog here on TV, ( its nearly one of the first post I made ) you will read about my Dream/Coincidence/Vision or what ever. Even today it sometimes gives me an errie chill when I think about it.

CF

Edited by Cheeky Farang

WHat Jimbo said it true, but personally i have never felt and sensed any Phee yet since i was born. so im not afraid of them. In the past Thais are belive in ghost or spirit , it is comes from the religion. if u are noticed they also pay high respect to mother or female's spirit as u can see from many name from moutains Districs village names etc..they mosty begin with the word Mae which is mean mother or Nang which is mean women . :o

• 2 weeks later...

On christmas day i ordained as a buddhist monk in Phitchit. One evening in early January myself and a few lun pee`s were sat around a fire within the temple grounds, I decided to take some pics of us all and then realised i had a full on phee in one of the pics!! :o

I showed it to ajarn and he confirmed it was a monk that passed away some 45 years earlier. I will share this pic with you all very soon....

They definately are out there....

I believe in ghost about as much as i believe in Jesus, Mohommand, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Elmer Fudd. Not all all.

When you die,...then energy in your body fades away the same way fire does before it flickers out. After that, nothing else. It is over.

The only afterlife you provide is for the bugs surviving off your dead body.

I believe in ghost about as much as i believe in Jesus, Mohommand, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Elmer Fudd. Not all all.

When you die,...then energy in your body fades away the same way fire does before it flickers out. After that, nothing else. It is over.

The only afterlife you provide is for the bugs surviving off your dead body.

Exactly!

I haven't seen a ghost yet, but know people who claim they have...

I suspend judgement, I am not convinced either way.

Meanwhile, I enjoy scaring my scum-bag brother in law off staying with us - last night I heard a sobbing voice upstairs again, but there was nobody there... :o:D