Beach Dog Needs Help

deejah

she has some kind of eye problem or infection

i am thinking either i get a leash and take her to a vet

or someone who knows basic vet medicine to come with me and take a look at her and i will cover the cost

or???

thanks in advance

she is a smart and sensitive creature and i fear for her well being

please help

i don't know any vets yet offhand

is jori still around?

post and/or pm me

if you're less then concerned please move on to another thread

Edited by deejah

I can't help out except to give you a thumbs up for caring. thumbsup.gif

thanks

what i see in one eye might be spreading to the other

and i was told from a friend how critical sight is in survival

so i am super concerned

i have known this dog for about three years

and she is very bright and clean too

like a cat

i will try to check back here often

Edited by deejah

If its a discharge could be distemper but the dog would be sick, the Cadex as suggested is antibiotic so would be good, i also used optrex on some, depends if its infection or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neomycin active of Cadex.

If you near Pattaya Tai the vet on the corner of soi 12 has just moved up towards suhumvit on the right, he is exellent and sympathetic to street dogs and eases of the price a little. he speaks good English and you could describe sytems to him, and he will give meds. he put a street dog down for me a few weeks ago thats was dying with distemper.

Goverment vet is on 3rd road just inside the fire station, cheap and could be an option.

Jori alas is banned and has just been banned again, gets to passionate about things, he visited me day before yesterday.

see how you get on with the vet , i will check back on here if still a problem will help sort it with you. What is the location?

Edited by marstons
  • Like 1

there is some great stuff in here

thanks all

she usually sleeps on the beach

north beach near amari

but wanders and can sometimes be found as far south as soi 6

looks like i have my work curt out for me

but if someone on here has some time and wants to get involved

please let me know

thanks

be careful, as long as you have known her, she is still a street dog and if you physically try to remove her from her territory she could peercieeve it as a threat and defend herself.

bribing a vet or student intern to treat her in situ might be the intelligent way forward.

involve a friend. One of you to stay with her and keep track of her, the other goes to get or contacts your tame vet to meet you.

or arrange it with a vet a head of time and call them to meet you wherever the dog is.

Edited by tinfoilhat

she basically would follow me

she might allow me to leash her

but she does not let others close easily

she would probably hate a doctors visit

however she is very bright and in her own little dog way might have been asking me for help

i know this might sound strange

but people who know animals might understand this

i have seen her in trouble before and how she approaches me after, looking for sympathy

• 1 month later...

cadex one drop each eye everyday for four days

cleared it up

but eye problems coming back a couple of weeks after

i think i need to follow a diff application technique

twice a day for 3-5 days???

two drops each eye???

or take this to the next level and get a vet

i welcome input from those who have experience with this

thanks for the cadex idea!

cadex one drop each eye everyday for four days

cleared it up

but eye problems coming back a couple of weeks after

i think i need to follow a diff application technique

twice a day for 3-5 days???

two drops each eye???

or take this to the next level and get a vet

i welcome input from those who have experience with this

thanks for the cadex idea!

Spoke to Vet and he said carry on with CADEX but give half a tablet of Penicillin from Pharmacy for 7 days (about 50 baht for basic packet of penicillin)

i called vet in jom

nice lady but never heard of cadex

nor did she know proper application schedule

my guess is one drop each eye each day for 4 days is NOT proper

but it is stressful for the dog

am now in search of a vet, professional or other help

did a pattaya vet search

this one is the newist

http://www.thaivisa....ts-in-thailand/

but most threads are quite old

CADEX Cin.N Eydrops / 40 Baht, don't let them sell you anything else, do wonders. 2 drops twice a day. If there is any infection in the tissue around the eye use a drop or any antibiotic ointment there, too.

Not all pharmacies carry it. Works alos BEST for the common "red eye" infection. Does wonders.

Where is the dog? Best of luck. Nice to see there is some other people with a heart for dogs, too. JL.

for how many days?

thanks

If its a discharge could be distemper but the dog would be sick, the Cadex as suggested is antibiotic so would be good, i also used optrex on some, depends if its infection or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neomycin active of Cadex.

If you near Pattaya Tai the vet on the corner of soi 12 has just moved up towards suhumvit on the right, he is exellent and sympathetic to street dogs and eases of the price a little. he speaks good English and you could describe sytems to him, and he will give meds. he put a street dog down for me a few weeks ago thats was dying with distemper.

Goverment vet is on 3rd road just inside the fire station, cheap and could be an option.

Jori alas is banned and has just been banned again, gets to passionate about things, he visited me day before yesterday.

see how you get on with the vet , i will check back on here if still a problem will help sort it with you. What is the location?

might you have a current name and number please?

Not to sound mean but it has been 1 month and 1 week since you started this post and still haven't taken her to a vet with all of the suggestions here? Who cares if she "wouldn't enjoy a trip to the doctor".......what dog does?

i called her back

and was very clear to her about neomycin

twice a day for about 1 week

f***

Yes you can use Neomycin, best as a powder (rather than drops which will work, but are not as efficient in persistent infection) in the food, 7 days.

i called her back

and was very clear to her about neomycin

twice a day for about 1 week

f***

Yes you can use Neomycin, best as a powder (rather than drops which will work, but are not as efficient in persistent infection) in the food, 7 days.

Neomycin drops can be purchased at any Pattaya Pharmacy.

Dog and Cat Neomycin Polymyxin Antibiotics

Neomycin Polymyxin Dexamethasone is a combination of two broad-spectrum antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid for dogs and cats. Neomycin Polymyxin B is used to treat external eye infections caused by susceptible bacteria. It also helps treat corneal injuries caused by thermal or chemical burns, anterior uveitis, and injury from the penetration of foreign bodies. Available as an ophthalmic ointment or liquid suspension.

Antibiotics used in Canine Eye Drops:

Multi-generic antibiotic groups are being used in available canine antibiotic eye drops. These are either administered individually or in combination with other antibiotics, according to the status and nature of the infection. Neomycin, Erythromycin, Bacitracin, Polymyxin, Tetracycline and Tobramycin are considered the most common and effective antibiotics widely used in treating canine eye infections. The combination of Neomycin, Bacitracin and Polymyxin (cool.png is commonly used for complicated and diffused cases of eye problems and is termed as a “Triple Antibiotic Preparation”.

Canine antibiotic eye drops are usually safe to use, but require proper dosage and administration instructions. Any of the aforementioned antibiotic drops usually heals a dog eye condition in 3 – 5 days. Canine eye conditions usually improve in 36 – 48 hours, but if unusual symptoms are noticed or the condition becomes worse, a veterinarian should be consulted immediately.

Neomycin Drops are to be applied to both eyes if required 2-to-3 times daily for up to 5 days

Edited by Pdavies99

Unless anyone here is actually a vet rather than googling possible cures.. Take it to a vet... Pretty simple really?!

You have plenty to say, why dont you try picking up a stray beach dog who might be in pain without being bitten?

I googled the cure to ensure and illustrate what a VET told me was correct, so go away with your useless comments!!

Agree 100% with Pdavies 99 re you Sydneycraig. You need to forgo your adolescent desire merely to increase your post rate.

Sadly you reveal you identity as an Aussie. If you can, change it, unless you intend to be HELPFUL in future!

Puhlease don't embarrass us sensible Aussies.