webfact

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, so the ThaiVisa shock-horror-hold-the-front-page headline reads increase BY 120 / 400 baht

The text in the story says increase TO 120 / 400 baht.

Sort it out TV whistling.gif

EXACTLY - as per my earlier post.

So what is the ACTUAL increase?

Let's wait for updated stories. The first info we have is published with MCOT wording in the headline.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

So how will it increase revenue if less is sold at a higher price?

And, a bottle of beer (660ml) is to increase by around 100 baht?

I doubt this - I think they mean 120 baht on 1 litre of PURE alcohol - so just adjust your calculations. They could never increase the price of beer by that amount in 1 go.

Well it wont reduce consumption of either. For the poor it will simply mean less money on the table for food for the children whilst Dad still smokes his tabs and drinks whiskey.

Doesn't matter, they make it them selves Lao Khao ( sorry if i didn't spelled it right) We... Just has to pay the increase:(

So can someone explain how this affects the free trade agreement with Australia http://www.dfat.gov.au/fta/tafta/key-outcomes.html ??

For agricultural products subject to tariff rate quotas prior to 1 January 2005, Thailand has either eliminated the tariff and quota restrictions or will expand access for Australia over a transition period varying according to the product, before final elimination of the tariff rate quota.

Wine, beer and spirits

• Thailand immediately reduced its previous 54% tariffs on wine to 40%, and will phase the tariff to zero in 2015.
  • For beer and spirits, Thailand immediately reduced its previous tariffs of 60% to 30%, before phasing to zero in 2010

Bye bye Thailand, its been fun but over the last 2 years about the only that hasn't increased is my pay packet.....

They are making some good Wine and Voidka in Vietnam now, also the local drafts are not bad at all. About half the cost of living as is in Thailand, Vietnam is a good place to hang out.............thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Good for you .... In Vietnam, but we are still here in the real world/ Thailand

I'm teetotal (in smug mode). Alcohol and motorbikes don't really go well together. What bothers me is the outrageous price I have to pay for orange juice. It's twice the price in Thailand it is in the UK. And the UK doesn't even grow its own oranges!

(late addition) I'm off to France soon where I now have to carry a breathalyser in my car/motorbike even though I don't drink. And you think Thai laws are crazy?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha your soooo right !!!!

Probably based on 100%, given the fact that most spirits don't have a content over 40% it will be not that high.

it didn't say "over" but under 80proof (40%) which means 40% is taxed higher which applies to most spirits.

• Like 1

Nice.... For a botte of red wine costing 500 baths We will now pay 620... 140 % increase !

Do they realise that this is a commercial suicide ?

Out here they don't realize sh*t all !!!! So what, we are still here, we just don't drink as much (red vine) as we used to ;)