English Speaking Auto Insurance Company

farangcm

I have tried Narai, AIG and Thai-Zurich, which is now ThaiSri Insurance, and none of these American/European companies have anyone that speaks English in their Chiangmai offices. Narai even sent notices only written in Thai.

So I am still looking for a firm that I will be able to communicate with in English, both over the phone and in person. Also I would like the premiums to be reasonable, and the people to be honest. Perhaps this is too much to expect in Thailand :D .

From what I have seen the coverage may be government mandated since the English/Thai policies I have read/deciphered are all almost identical. And I have been able to transfer my accident-free discount to the new company. My policy renewal date is in early February.

This is my first post, but I have read the Chiangmai forum off and on, so I know to expect a variety of opinion. :o I hope the question is straight-forward enough to elicit a meaningful response. Thanks in advance.

Allen

Edited by farangcm

Try Wiriya Insurance (ask for Khun Bpaan) or Bupa Blue Cross.

You should not expect them to speak English like in Western countries. If learning Thai is not an option, at least make an effort to learn of the peculiarities of Thai English, and you will probably find communication to be a lot smoother.

Insurance companies and honesty... well, just make sure you read the fine print.

I'm very happy with Aviva. (On the Super Highway, near-ish to Wat Jed Yod but on the other side).

Honestly don't know how well they speak English but it would seem to me that they would.

Being an international firm has nothing to do with it. Following your reasoning every Ford mechanic should speak perfect US English? :D Prepare for more dissappointments then. Or learn Thai or indeed like Meadish suggested learn to speak/understand English in a way that's more palatable for Thais. (Not advocating monkey-pidgeon-English, just speaking slow enough, articulating right, pick words that Thais are likely to know, keep sentences short and to the point and stick to a simple and consistent grammar pattern.).

Met a guy at the pub yesterday and he spoke so fast that *I* had trouble understanding him. "Wherabouts in the states are you from?" I asked. Turns out he was from " 'Sconsin " ah. Well good luck in Thailand mate. (At least he drank Sang Som so he's obviously on the right track. :o )

• 3 weeks later...