What Are You Eating For Breakfast Most Days?

Jingthing

I always look forward to my hot oatmeal or Alpen musli topped with natural yogurt and two cups of coffee with milk ....but if it's a late breakfast after a big night out I'll have either peanut butter (I stock up on the unsweetened brand whenever I see it) or sardines on wholewheat toast and a berocca (with panadol if needed) Breakfast for me really is the most important meal, couldn't ever miss it!

What is your nationality ?, seems to me breakfast varies hugely by nationality. smile.png

Shall i do a wild guess.. Australian. Just look in the name biggrin.png

Noooooooooooooooo, they all think l am a yank, but nooooooooo. laugh.png And no OZ eats that crap. laugh.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always look forward to my hot oatmeal or Alpen musli topped with natural yogurt and two cups of coffee with milk ....but if it's a late breakfast after a big night out I'll have either peanut butter (I stock up on the unsweetened brand whenever I see it) or sardines on wholewheat toast and a berocca (with panadol if needed) Breakfast for me really is the most important meal, couldn't ever miss it!

What is your nationality ?, seems to me breakfast varies hugely by nationality. smile.png

Australian lady, living in Patong.

i don't think my diet reflects my nationality as much as my lifestyle. I like running and oatmeal/musli and yogurt provides good fuel.

Peanut butter and sardines on wholewheat toast are the perfect combination of good fats and carbs to help soak up the alcohol and give me added strength after a night out. And the good fats help my body absorb the vitamins in the berocca. Panadol only required for the worst of hangovers.

As for the coffee....I only need two cups a day but don't come near me until I get at least one down.

A more typical Australian breakfast might involve vegemite, Weetbix, bacon and eggs maybe...?

A very healthy Scottish breakfast.

Bacon 3 slices, sausage, egg, tomato, (not canned, don't eat that unless it's in Spag Bol ) and sometimes a dollop of pork and beans ( but not if my wife is home during the day), dogs don't mind though, 2 or 3 cups of fresh coffee.

Edited by overherebc

Kellogg's All Bran Original with Yakult or soy milk and maybe a banana.

70% of my fiber for the day.

Sometimes I will rotate it with some type of muesli with Yakult or soy milk.

w00t.gif , no bacon ? sad.png . Grass muncher eh. laugh.png

laugh.png

Recently I got hooked on this fish sausage/burger product here in Tokyo. Almost like fish spam, but it tastes good. thumbsup.gif

If we are at the in-laws place (where we live weekdays), my mum-in-law makes me something that sort of resembles a full English breakfast (but normally more focused on sausages and lots of eggs rather than bacon).

If I am in Bangkok (where we live weekends), I just have cereal (various varieties of Jordan's brand) with milkshake (normally strawberry) or flavoured yoghurt (normally blueberry) and maybe a granny smith apple (or two, or three).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984

French-Pressed Coffee is served with all breakfasts:

#1 - Two eggs (over-easy or scrambled) served with hot sauce or salsa, bacon or maple sausage, toast

#2 - Spicy "Kao pad nam prik paow" with "khai dao" (see photo)

#3 - Buttermilk biscuits & sage sausage gravy, an over-easy egg, tabasco sauce

#4 - French toast with 100% real maple syrup, one egg, bacon or maple/sage sausage

#5 - Jok with pork balls and all the fixin's (served in Wintertime only)

thai-fried-rice-with-bbq-chili-paste-cts.jpg

Almost always the same, just finished it today, 2 banana sliced in bowl with cornflakes and milk, followed by 7 mugs of black coffee [just poured 1st now] followed by a yogurt, normal get up between 5 and 6 am

Been ordered to lose weight and am t2 diabetic. So, when I am NOT hardheaded, I eat muesli with white yoghurt, or just plain cereal with milk.

Never been a breakfast eater, but now, if I do not eat, I get shaky at about 10 a.m.

Muesli keeps my blood level in control for the mornings.

When I am hardheaded, I eat whole wheat bread with either marmite or nutella. smile.png On rare occasions, I will have a full American breakfast (UK style as well).

I don't eat breakfast, Jingthing. While you may feel you are anal about your breakfast regimen, I note that it is super high carbohydrate and not healthy -- unless you buy into the current orthodoxy spouted by the US FDA. Since I have gone "low carb," I have lost weight and feel better. Although I have not cut saturated fat intake, my cholesterol has plunged. My your soy milk. I occasionally drink homemade soy milk.

I seriously doubt that your muesli is sugar free. I have never in all my 61 years found a pack of muesli that did not have sugar in some form listed among its otherwise ostensibly healthy ingredients.

People's obsession with cholesterol makes me laugh. Most blood cholesterol is manufactured in the body and is typically controlled more by one's genetics than one's diet.

How's your blood pressure and cholesterol, Jingthing? Are you taking any medications?

Christ, if your gonna eat breakfast, enjoy some ham, bacon and eggs, all you want, but forgo the toast, jam, potatoes and sugared up coffee. Don't forget to exercise.

• Like 2

On dry days I have muesli with fruit and yoghurt....I hate dry days. mad.gif

Dry day?

What does the weather have to do with it?

If I know I'm going to be doing something I usually bulk up my breakfast by having a can of ice coffee while I wait for the regular coffee.

On dry days I have muesli with fruit and yoghurt....I hate dry days. mad.gif

Dry day?

What does the weather have to do with it?

If I know I'm going to be doing something I usually bulk up my breakfast by having a can of ice coffee while I wait for the regular coffee.

smokes like to drink during the day. it's called post traumatic spurs letdown syndrome i hear

I usually have one good strong expresso coffee made in a plunger and that will be all the coffee i will have for a day, If i have an instant coffee then i will be consuming that crap all day. Sometimes If i need an extra kick then i will also have a i-Health Q10 or a redbull or similar

But what i really love for breakfast is Kaotom / Cowtom ( I am only spelling it the way it sounds to me from Thai). I have a plate of it in front of me now with prawn but vegetarian will also do and i do like it with brown rice too. Almost my favourite Thai dish out of many. Jok is a sustitute if Kaotom is not available .

If i am at work i will wait until morning tea time and have two toasted salad sandwhiches.

French-Pressed Coffee is served with all breakfasts:

#1 - Two eggs (over-easy or scrambled) served with hot sauce or salsa, bacon or maple sausage, toast

#2 - Spicy "Kao pad nam prik paow" with "khai dao" (see photo)

#3 - Buttermilk biscuits & sage sausage gravy, an over-easy egg, tabasco sauce

#4 - French toast with 100% real maple syrup, one egg, bacon or maple/sage sausage

#5 - Jok with pork balls and all the fixin's (served in Wintertime only)

thai-fried-rice-with-bbq-chili-paste-cts.jpg

Excuse me for asking, but is that someones ear below the egg?

I don't eat breakfast, Jingthing. While you may feel you are anal about your breakfast regimen, I note that it is super high carbohydrate and not healthy -- unless you buy into the current orthodoxy spouted by the US FDA. Since I have gone "low carb," I have lost weight and feel better. Although I have not cut saturated fat intake, my cholesterol has plunged. My your soy milk. I occasionally drink homemade soy milk.

I seriously doubt that your muesli is sugar free. I have never in all my 61 years found a pack of muesli that did not have sugar in some form listed among its otherwise ostensibly healthy ingredients.

People's obsession with cholesterol makes me laugh. Most blood cholesterol is manufactured in the body and is typically controlled more by one's genetics than one's diet.

How's your blood pressure and cholesterol, Jingthing? Are you taking any medications?

Christ, if your gonna eat breakfast, enjoy some ham, bacon and eggs, all you want, but forgo the toast, jam, potatoes and sugared up coffee. Don't forget to exercise.

I only eat a tiny portion of the cereal. My breakfast is mostly fruit. Of course fruit has natural sugars. I finally located muesli that really has no sugar including no dried fruit with sugar. Believe it or not, it does exist. I agree it's an issue but there are now a few products like that for sale at least in Pattaya.

My theory on breakfast in general is that its main function is to coat the stomach for ... COFFEE.

I enjoy my breakfast ritual but am not suggesting it is for everyone. You misunderstood me about being anal about it. I didn't mean I think it is the healthiest breakfast in the world. I do think it is healthier than a daily full English but the point is that like a lot of people, for some weird reason, I need a rigid amount of ROUTINE in my breakfast. Other meals, I am wildly adventurous. But now everyday for breakfast I want the same thing and if one of the ingredients is missing, that is bad. I think that's kind of amusing.

My motivation in diluting soy milk or using low fat soy milk is about reducing CALORIES. I just don't think the flavor of pure high fat soy milk is so wonderful that's it's worth the massive amount of calories in it.

You might want to think twice about eggs. I said might. The jury might still be out. I am well aware of the issue of people producing their own cholesterol in their body. It is no special secret. But that doesn't necessarily mean that diet isn't a factor as well:

http://news.national...uth-about-eggs/

Edited by Jingthing

I only eat a tiny portion of the cereal. My breakfast is mostly fruit. Of course fruit has natural sugars. I finally located muesli that really has no sugar including no dried fruit with sugar. Believe it or not, it does exist. I agree it's an issue but there are now a few products like that for sale at least in Pattaya.

My theory on breakfast in general is that its main function is to coat the stomach for ... COFFEE.

I enjoy my breakfast ritual but am not suggesting it is for everyone. You misunderstood me about being anal about it. I didn't mean I think it is the healthiest breakfast in the world. I do think it is healthier than a daily full English but the point is that like a lot of people, for some weird reason, I need a rigid amount of ROUTINE in my breakfast. Other meals, I am wildly adventurous. But now everyday for breakfast I want the same thing and if one of the ingredients is missing, that is bad. I think that's kind of amusing.

My motivation in diluting soy milk or using low fat soy milk is about reducing CALORIES. I just don't think the flavor of pure high fat soy milk is so wonderful that's it's worth the massive amount of calories in it.

You might want to think twice about eggs. I said might. The jury might still be out. I am well aware of the issue of people producing their own cholesterol in their body. It is no special secret. But that doesn't necessarily mean that diet isn't a factor as well:

http://news.national...uth-about-eggs/

If you want to reduce calories then just don't eat so much.

simple.