What Are You Eating For Breakfast Most Days?

Jingthing

I'll probably get destroyed for admitting to this, but I have two cups of black coffee (brewed, not Nescafe). The, I make my way to McDonald's on the way to work and always order a Sausage McMuffin (without the cheese slice, no egg) and a hash brown. I grab a chocolate milk at 7-11 and eat at my desk. The only variation is that sometimes on Friday, I go with the Big Breakfast. I combine all of the ingredients to make a killer breakfast sandwich! Other than that, I tend to eat well. I am just a sucker for McDonalds breakfast.

Resume talking about musili now and tear me to pieces for poor lifestyle choices! I am not overweight. In fact, I am underweight.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll probably get destroyed for admitting to this, but I have two cups of black coffee (brewed, not Nescafe). The, I make my way to McDonald's on the way to work and always order a Sausage McMuffin (without the cheese slice, no egg) and a hash brown. I grab a chocolate milk at 7-11 and eat at my desk. The only variation is that sometimes on Friday, I go with the Big Breakfast. I combine all of the ingredients to make a killer breakfast sandwich! Other than that, I tend to eat well. I am just a sucker for McDonalds breakfast.

Resume talking about musili now and tear me to pieces for poor lifestyle choices! I am not overweight. In fact, I am underweight.

No need to tear you in pieces, but its not only about calories and weight. Its also about how healthy some choices are just being underweight does not grantee a thing health wise. But i am a big believer that anyone should be able to do what they like as long as they don't bother others.

I don't eat breakfast, Jingthing. While you may feel you are anal about your breakfast regimen, I note that it is super high carbohydrate and not healthy -- unless you buy into the current orthodoxy spouted by the US FDA. Since I have gone "low carb," I have lost weight and feel better. Although I have not cut saturated fat intake, my cholesterol has plunged. My your soy milk. I occasionally drink homemade soy milk.

I seriously doubt that your muesli is sugar free. I have never in all my 61 years found a pack of muesli that did not have sugar in some form listed among its otherwise ostensibly healthy ingredients.

People's obsession with cholesterol makes me laugh. Most blood cholesterol is manufactured in the body and is typically controlled more by one's genetics than one's diet.

How's your blood pressure and cholesterol, Jingthing? Are you taking any medications?

Christ, if your gonna eat breakfast, enjoy some ham, bacon and eggs, all you want, but forgo the toast, jam, potatoes and sugared up coffee. Don't forget to exercise.

I only eat a tiny portion of the cereal. My breakfast is mostly fruit. Of course fruit has natural sugars. I finally located muesli that really has no sugar including no dried fruit with sugar. Believe it or not, it does exist. I agree it's an issue but there are now a few products like that for sale at least in Pattaya.

My theory on breakfast in general is that its main function is to coat the stomach for ... COFFEE.

I enjoy my breakfast ritual but am not suggesting it is for everyone. You misunderstood me about being anal about it. I didn't mean I think it is the healthiest breakfast in the world. I do think it is healthier than a daily full English but the point is that like a lot of people, for some weird reason, I need a rigid amount of ROUTINE in my breakfast. Other meals, I am wildly adventurous. But now everyday for breakfast I want the same thing and if one of the ingredients is missing, that is bad. I think that's kind of amusing.

My motivation in diluting soy milk or using low fat soy milk is about reducing CALORIES. I just don't think the flavor of pure high fat soy milk is so wonderful that's it's worth the massive amount of calories in it.

You might want to think twice about eggs. I said might. The jury might still be out. I am well aware of the issue of people producing their own cholesterol in their body. It is no special secret. But that doesn't necessarily mean that diet isn't a factor as well:

http://news.national...uth-about-eggs/

If you want to reduce calories then just don't eat so much.

simple.

Did you not read the post? Very small portion of cereal. Very diluted soy milk. Already not eating so much. At least for breakfast! It's quite a light meal. Like I said except for the fruit mostly a coating for coffee which I like strong and black.

I would like this to be a fun, sharing thread. Not a health forum type thread where people say how horrible other people's breakfast preferences are. Just a friendly suggestion.

I agree JT. If you look at my pic above its one of my favourite breakfasts....not one to be eaten every day. Enjoy...although I had to have a bite even before the camera switched on....the smell....mmmmm! biggrin.png

I would like this to be a fun, sharing thread. Not a health forum type thread where people say how horrible other people's breakfast preferences are. Just a friendly suggestion.

You seem to want to control what others say often. I used to never notice it but now that i seen it a few times i notice it more often.

In this case you are right its more fun to hear what people eat though in general what i see posted here is quite good i expected a lot more English breakfasts and so on.

French-Pressed Coffee is served with all breakfasts:

#1 - Two eggs (over-easy or scrambled) served with hot sauce or salsa, bacon or maple sausage, toast

#2 - Spicy "Kao pad nam prik paow" with "khai dao" (see photo)

#3 - Buttermilk biscuits & sage sausage gravy, an over-easy egg, tabasco sauce

#4 - French toast with 100% real maple syrup, one egg, bacon or maple/sage sausage

#5 - Jok with pork balls and all the fixin's (served in Wintertime only)

thai-fried-rice-with-bbq-chili-paste-cts.jpg

Excuse me for asking, but is that someones ear below the egg?

Looks like the rest of the head is there too. bah.gif .............................laugh.png

French-Pressed Coffee is served with all breakfasts:

#1 - Two eggs (over-easy or scrambled) served with hot sauce or salsa, bacon or maple sausage, toast

#2 - Spicy "Kao pad nam prik paow" with "khai dao" (see photo)

#3 - Buttermilk biscuits & sage sausage gravy, an over-easy egg, tabasco sauce

#4 - French toast with 100% real maple syrup, one egg, bacon or maple/sage sausage

#5 - Jok with pork balls and all the fixin's (served in Wintertime only)

thai-fried-rice-with-bbq-chili-paste-cts.jpg

Excuse me for asking, but is that someones ear below the egg?

Looks like the rest of the head is there too. bah.gif .............................laugh.png

wow... so many folks have never had or seen chinese dried sausage before?

Its called "khun chiang" in Thai. Kinda like salami... only a little sweet and with a hint of star anise.

I'm not a person who has to eat specific foods at certain times of the day. I've never only eaten breakfast food in the morning growing up and I don't do so here. I just eat whatever, a mixture of leftovers and whatever street food is available and occasionally something I cook myself. In the past week I've had rice and curry, grilled chicken and roti, sai got isaan french bread pizza cooked myself, and rad na moo.

I do like some breakfast food, I just don't eat them in the morning. I love pancakes but I rarely have them for breakfast, sometimes I will make them for lunch or dinner along with some fresh fruit from the market. I'm a big fan of Mexican breakfast too but that is not available.

I do like some breakfast food, I just don't eat them in the morning. I love pancakes but I rarely have them for breakfast, sometimes I will make them for lunch or dinner along with some fresh fruit from the market. I'm a big fan of Mexican breakfast too but that is not available.

Pancakes are not breakfast food, you eat them for tea!

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Pancakes are not breakfast food, you eat them for tea!

He's talking USA pancakes, with Maple syrup, l hope. thumbsup.gif

Either, Nestle Cereal (change flavours monthly), served with Dutchmill 0% fat milk.

Or, 2 pieces of white bread with Bestfoods Strawberry Jam and Imperial unsalted butter, and 1 cup of Ovaltine 3-in-1.

And the occassional guava fruit.

I have to have two cups of freshly brewed coffee. Then I eat a handful of baby carrots, at least 5 'buds' of fresh broccoli, a yogurt, a glass of orange juice. About an hour later, I have a glass of milk and two sandwiches and a couple of bananas, an orange or some other fruit. Sometimes I have a candy bar as well. I'm really hungry in the mornings, but don't eat much in the evening.

Weekends it's fried potatoes, French toast (or pancakes), and an omelette.

I have to have two cups of freshly brewed coffee. Then I eat a handful of baby carrots, at least 5 'buds' of fresh broccoli, a yogurt, a glass of orange juice. About an hour later, I have a glass of milk and two sandwiches and a couple of bananas, an orange or some other fruit. Sometimes I have a candy bar as well. I'm really hungry in the mornings, but don't eat much in the evening.

Weekends it's fried potatoes, French toast (or pancakes), and an omelette.

So your a monkey. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png
  • Like 1

Brekky, the one thing I will not do Thai.

Sometimes it is just a dingo's breakfast, but usually not and it consists of several variations, the most common at the top.

Toast and vegemite and tea with honey.

Toast and jam and tea with honey.

Fruit loaf toast and tea with honey.

Muesli and dried fruit sprinkled on top, usually sultanas, cranberries and almonds, a sliced fresh banana, ice cold full cream milk, covered in a layer of cream and honey dribbled on top.

Toast and eggs, either omelette or fried/poached, sometimes with bacon.

Brekky, the one thing I will not do Thai.

Sometimes it is just a dingo's breakfast, but usually not and it consists of several variations, the most common at the top.

Toast and vegemite and tea with honey.

Toast and jam and tea with honey.

Fruit loaf toast and tea with honey.

Muesli and dried fruit sprinkled on top, usually sultanas, cranberries and almonds, a sliced fresh banana, ice cold full cream milk, covered in a layer of cream and honey dribbled on top.

Toast and eggs, either omelette or fried/poached, sometimes with bacon.

Bloody hell...you're a girl..........or worse....an Aussie! tongue.png

Monday-Friday -toast (brown bread if I can) marmite smothered with butter, I'm weird I like cold toast. couple of cups of tea and if I'm smoking you know. Weekends a couple of poached eggs with butter. I love a piece of bread with peanut butter and banana every now and then, as for cereal I miss my Mum's home-made granola. My ALL time favourite breaky is a bacon sandwich with lots of brown sauce and yes onions.

First a little pomegranate juice and some fruit (pomelo or orange). Then: Porridge (oat meal) with milk + one toast (whole wheat) with ham and an egg with green tea + one toast with marmalade and one cup of brewed coffee. I come from Sweden and porridge has been a common dish for breakfast there for many years. Well at least for us older people...

]

brekkie.jpg

Or a variation thereof every day.

You are to be congratulated finally a real person.

This is a real breakfast. I have the same and plenty of it.

What a depressing post, I don't want to live the rest of my life being anally retentive about what I eat.

"I have a grain of flax seed with the purified extract of a buffalos piss bucket" are you serious?

After reading this I'm ready to throw up.

Interestingly though fussy about breakfast but not about drinking a brewery dry every night, hey doofus the sins of last night won't be forgiven by a breakfast not even fit for my parrot.

Enjoy a nice tasty, soul fullfilling English or American breakfast with all the trimmings, then you will have the brain power to post a decent thread topic.

What a depressing post, I don't want to live the rest of my life being anally retentive about what I eat.

"I have a grain of flax seed with the purified extract of a buffalos piss bucket" are you serious?

After reading this I'm ready to throw up.

Well, many congratulations for being the real "Real manTM" breakfast choice supporter! Glad to have you, including your acquired taste, around. clap2.gifclap2.gif

I forgot porridge...had it couple days ago.

As for the real man...do you eat the sticks as well ?

But that is not a real mans breakfast anyway, so you are fooling yourself. my son has that every now and again when in the mood.

A real man has a big steak and black sauce with onions and gravy and potato.