Very Little Or No Activity In Fishing Forum!

kawapower

I'm over Thai fishing parks, they are all pretty much the same.

Natural lakes either too big or netted to hell by the Thai's.

My natural rivers polluted.

Fly fishing in Northern Thailand is still lovely but the rest just gets so dam_n boring here.

And like Rob says, this is not the best time of the year to be sitting outside...

It's not raining all of the time and it is always warm outside!!

Ironic.

I suspect we'd get a lot more participation if some regulars didn't bash and flame the crap out of everyone who fishes how, where, or with whom they don't like, or contributes in a way that doesn't suit them.

Go back and read a few threads. If you still wonder why there are thousands of foreign anglers in Thailand and only a few post here, and even fewer a second time, then read some more until you have the answer.

• Like 1

I'm over Thai fishing parks, they are all pretty much the same.

Natural lakes either too big or netted to hell by the Thai's.

My natural rivers polluted.

Fly fishing in Northern Thailand is still lovely but the rest just gets so dam_n boring here.

And like Rob says, this is not the best time of the year to be sitting outside...

It's not raining all of the time and it is always warm outside!!

True.. but had a few days of rain while fishing. It is just less fun. Its part of the reason i did not fish that much in the Netherlands.

Ironic.

I suspect we'd get a lot more participation if some regulars didn't bash and flame the crap out of everyone who fishes how, where, or with whom they don't like, or contributes in a way that doesn't suit them.

Go back and read a few threads. If you still wonder why there are thousands of foreign anglers in Thailand and only a few post here, and even fewer a second time, then read some more until you have the answer.

Show me one thread on tv that has not contained insults etc,it's not good but it is impossible to stop!! Some people for whatever reason like to destroy a good thread by being abusive, insulting or just posting sarcasm, I know the answer and there is no answer to the problem!!

It's like being back at school, you are told not to retaliate but instead to use the report option, if someone is banned they just come back as someone else, impossible to make these forums idiot free!!

I am off fishing for a week on Monday, who cares if it rains it is warm rain!! I to avoided to much fishing in the UK because when it rained it was freezing, plus you were always bothered by yobs wherever you fished etc god it's great here!!

Edited by kawapower

Fishing is a wonderful sport and there are lots of opportunities in Thailand. For regular customers the two lakes at Don's Cafe in Doi Hang, Chiang Rai are great for fishing. There are 2 salas on the banks to get out of the sun or rain. Everybody catches fish. Fishing rules are posted on the board at Don's.

I don't really understand anyone saying that rain is stopping them from fishing, as you say most pay lakes have shelter, rain and cold stopped me from enjoying this great sport in the UK I am not going to let things like that stop me here!!

I suppose you could say it is less enjoyable in the rain, it rains a lot in Thailand, different people prefer different things which is all good!!

Edited by kawapower

I don't really understand anyone saying that rain is stopping them from fishing, as you say most pay lakes have shelter, rain and cold stopped me from enjoying this great sport in the UK I am not going to let things like that stop me here!!

I suppose you could say it is less enjoyable in the rain, it rains a lot in Thailand, different people prefer different things which is all good!!

Sure there are shelters, but i just feel its less enjoyable. I got many things to do not only fishing so when it rains a lot i just switch a bit.

Sure there are shelters, but i just feel its less enjoyable. I got many things to do not only fishing so when it rains a lot i just switch a bit.

Which is fair enough!! Still nothing from a certain person, I am thinking he is now fishing the big lake in the sky!!

Which is fair enough!! Still nothing from a certain person, I am thinking he is now fishing the big lake in the sky!!

Your not the only one who can't understand my point. When my brother asked about it yesterday and i told him what i told you he said but you live in paradise and the rain is not cold ect. I guess its true just so many things to do.

And yes i think he is fishing at the big lake in the sky.

Your right about the flaming Kawapower.....everybody knows who i am on the forums, and I mostly like have a lot more to contribute than most. But it seems largely to fall on death ears. part of the problem for the sport over here is that the "scene" in most practical senses is devided into 3 categories. Thai Fishing Parks, Farang ran fisheries, and wild fishing. We all have a pretty good idea of what conventional Thai fishing parks consist of and like you say for most of us they quickly become boring. wild fishing is boring for a different set of reasons....likeanother said most wild bodies of water have been fished or netted to being near empty bar a few snakehead....and farang ran fisheries which offer the best experiences are criticized for being too expensive and therefore the vast majority of expats cant or wont attend on principle.

Your right about the flaming Kawapower.....everybody knows who i am on the forums, and I mostly like have a lot more to contribute than most. But it seems largely to fall on death ears. part of the problem for the sport over here is that the "scene" in most practical senses is devided into 3 categories. Thai Fishing Parks, Farang ran fisheries, and wild fishing. We all have a pretty good idea of what conventional Thai fishing parks consist of and like you say for most of us they quickly become boring. wild fishing is boring for a different set of reasons....likeanother said most wild bodies of water have been fished or netted to being near empty bar a few snakehead....and farang ran fisheries which offer the best experiences are criticized for being too expensive and therefore the vast majority of expats cant or wont attend on principle.

Doesnt leave much to comment on in the end does it! But if anyone is interested....soon a Farang ran carp and predator fishery (no sawai, no mekongs except 80kg up) that you can fish for less than 1000BHT a day for members will be open in Cha Am. :) Hope to see some of you there.

• Like 1

Doesnt leave much to comment on in the end does it! But if anyone is interested....soon a Farang ran carp and predator fishery (no sawai, no mekongs except 80kg up) that you can fish for less than 1000BHT a day for members will be open in Cha Am. smile.png Hope to see some of you there.

Nice.. i expected your price to be a lot higher. This sounds like fair value.

Doesnt leave much to comment on in the end does it! But if anyone is interested....soon a Farang ran carp and predator fishery (no sawai, no mekongs except 80kg up) that you can fish for less than 1000BHT a day for members will be open in Cha Am. smile.png Hope to see some of you there.

Hi Rufanuf

Would be nice if we could have more info on the fishing park, What kind of predators? Lure and fly fishing allowed?

Some info on the membership idea would be interesting but for many living so far away from cha am like myself might not be worth it.

Well now that i'm no longer living in Thailand I like to jump onto this forum and see what's happening.

This week and almost 6 months since my last trip I got around to cleaning all the dried lam off my reels. Opened them up and did the usual greasing of surfaces and oiling of bearings. You guys are very lucky. You have without doubt the best freshwater fishing at your finger tips. OK I know some of of you will reminisce about the trout and salmon fly fishing back home or the mad little Perch you could hook on a worm. However where else can you catch the biggest record size native Thai species and Amazonian fish that many people living near the Amazon have never seen themselves. You can also catch these on the fly. Arapaima on the fly! That has to be a thrill.

I like the kind of fishing where it's a real struggle with the fish. Unfortunately bar shark fishing miles out from the UK it's something I can't do back here. I probably like the tackle surrounding Thai fishing even more. The gear used to bring in those mekong catfish is used across the globe for GTs, Amber Jack, kingfish, grouper and even bluefin Tuna. I now have an unhealthy obsession with wanting to catch big fish and wanting to own tackle that can only sit idle here in the UK.

I like the multiplier reels, probably because they are a novelty. Beach anglers sometimes use Abu 6500s etc but i'm hours away from the coast. Once you learn to cast them they offer much better fishing in my opinion. After 5 years i'm pretty good with them but I sometimes like to go down to a field to try new things. I get some funny looks.

So keep posting guys. It would be really good to see some videos but most of you probably don't have the time for it. Here in the UK the only thing I can read or watch about fishing in Thailand is Tour companies trying to sell trips.

Doesnt leave much to comment on in the end does it! But if anyone is interested....soon a Farang ran carp and predator fishery (no sawai, no mekongs except 80kg up) that you can fish for less than 1000BHT a day for members will be open in Cha Am. :) Hope to see some of you there.

So what are the details regarding this new fishing lake? Where in Cha Am? what is this about membership? Will you be able to stay at the lake for a reasonable price? What will the cost be for fishing, will it compete with Cha Am fishing park and resort? over to you!!

So what are the details regarding this new fishing lake? Where in Cha Am? what is this about membership? Will you be able to stay at the lake for a reasonable price? What will the cost be for fishing, will it compete with Cha Am fishing park and resort? over to you!!

No response, guess this must be a fishy tale!!

• 2 weeks later...

come on rufanuf, let the maggots out the box..... where will this park be dude? i live in hua hin and will be a customer for sure if the price is ok.....

how many lakes will it be mate?

It's a wined up for sure!!

Fish for less than 1000 bht yea right!! Imagine what the membership is going to be, huge!!

Edited by kawapower

If he is setting up his own lake in Cha Am it will have to compete with Cha Am fishing resort, fee there is 200 bht if his fee is 1000bht where will you go? He also mentions a membership fee this is sounding like it will be as expensive as all the other high price fishing venues.

If he is setting up his own lake in Cha Am it will have to compete with Cha Am fishing resort, fee there is 200 bht if his fee is 1000bht where will you go? He also mentions a membership fee this is sounding like it will be as expensive as all the other high price fishing venues.

I would go to where are the biggest fish i can pay 1000 its ok. Cha am is nice but filled with small sawai. There are a few bigger ones but hard to target them.

I would go to where are the biggest fish i can pay 1000 its ok. Cha am is nice but filled with small sawai. There are a few bigger ones but hard to target them.

1000 bht plus whatever this membership is all about, it will turn out to be expensive, be nice if he took the trouble to reply to our questions!!

i have just received an email about it...... the place is to vbe called Jurassic Fishing Park and is 7km from Cha Am according to the email

i cant find a website address, but if anyone wants to PM me their email address, i will forward the email over

the prices looked to be more like 4000B than 1000B tho at first glance sad.png

i have just received an email about it...... the place is to vbe called Jurassic Fishing Park and is 7km from Cha Am according to the email

i cant find a website address, but if anyone wants to PM me their email address, i will forward the email over

the prices looked to be more like 4000B than 1000B tho at first glance sad.png

That is a bit different then the 1000 the owner said maybe its the tourist price. I wonder how much the membership will be then.