Very Little Or No Activity In Fishing Forum!

kawapower

well it was the price coming thro the promotional email from fishthailand.co.uk..... so they will be adding their mark up i guess

its got big 100lb plus arapaimas in the lake, so those boys are never cheap to fish for

the lake is 22 rai big, so its a good size

well it was the price coming thro the promotional email from fishthailand.co.uk..... so they will be adding their mark up i guess

its got big 100lb plus arapaimas in the lake, so those boys are never cheap to fish for

the lake is 22 rai big, so its a good size

100lb plus Aaipaima in Cha Am for 200 bht!!

Trying the Ebro river in Spain next month where the wild catfish average 100lbs.They average 100lbs yet 4 or 5 months of the year it's cold enough for ice and snow. If it wasn't for the cold weather maybe they could reach 600lbs like wild Mekong catfish. Stocking large fish shouldn't be difficult.

When I first browsed this forum I was put off by the almost exclusive focus on stocked pond fishing- I'd rather have a fishless afternoon in a natural environment or seaside off the rocks using some skill to try for a natural catch rather than sitting by a made man pond pulling fish out every 3-5 minutes- its a mystery to me what anglers see in that.

• Like 1

When I first browsed this forum I was put off by the almost exclusive focus on stocked pond fishing- I'd rather have a fishless afternoon in a natural environment or seaside off the rocks using some skill to try for a natural catch rather than sitting by a made man pond pulling fish out every 3-5 minutes- its a mystery to me what anglers see in that.

I can garantee you that for instance shadow lake is not a place where you pull out a fish every 3-5 minutes and it takes a bit more skill to catch the big ones there.

I feel it gets real close to a natural setting, i too like natural fishing (not sea fishing) but the fact is that that is just not available in Thailand (not near where i live anyway)

Show me a place you can have a natural fishing experience, complete with nice scenery, within a short taxi ride of Bangkok and I'm right there with you...

Meanwhile, I'll fish the pay ponds for what I often describe as a "guilty pleasure".

Not the best, but still beats the heck out of sitting in the apartment or ogling the HiSo's at the mall. And I get to stay in practice with the fly rod- or the baitcaster.

Show me a place you can have a natural fishing experience, complete with nice scenery, within a short taxi ride of Bangkok and I'm right there with you...

Meanwhile, I'll fish the pay ponds for what I often describe as a "guilty pleasure".

Not the best, but still beats the heck out of sitting in the apartment or ogling the HiSo's at the mall. And I get to stay in practice with the fly rod- or the baitcaster.

Fair enough. I may also be biased anyway since I am a salt water not fresh water angler.

Ps. But I do enjoy hi so watching in malls, gets the blood up but is very frustrating too :)

I understand what your trying to say but it seems your browsing maybe gave you the wrong impression, I do both p4p ponds and wild fishing,

If a person limits his angling for instance only bait fishing then the possibilities are often limited to stocked ponds, Myself i,m also addicted to lure fishing and do more wild fishing than stocked ponds and i,m of the opinion that often fish in the wild are easier to catch than p4p ponds,

Predator fish in stocked ponds seem to learn to avoid taking interest in the lures and methods they have seen day to day over a long period of time and they become quite a challenge......I have seen many people blank out at pilot 111 for instance after casting allday and pulling lures or casting flies into very populated ponds,

Bsr is my normal venue for my baitfishing fix as its good and very close, But more often i just get on the bicycle and ride around a few wild ponds in the same area even only having a surface frog already on the line and no other lure with me and at times within 10 casts can get 3 striped snakehead.

ps. I cant be arsed watching hi so,s in the mall.

• Like 1