BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
KhunMarco

Chiang Mai Is Shaking Again

One big jolt here in Mae Jo. I was sitting in my library. Shelves, desk, fan, printer, everything shaking. No books fell out. Wife was notably discomposed. Baby sleeping.

Cheers, X-Pat

Not showing on USGS website. Reported on Thai tv news. Didn't feel it in Saraphi, but we're at ground level - usually the high rises that notice them more...

Edited by mobile69

It happened exactly 2 minutes before my post.

I was doing some work with my laptop.

It's been a 7-10 seconds, to me stronger than the last one.

i'm in Huay Kaew area, 5th floor.

Not funny :o

Make that two no votes for Mae-Jo.

I DID feel it between Mae Jo and Sansai.

Really minor shaking of the sofa while watching TV. :o

Quake felt in Chiang Mai

The Nation

Published on Jan 24 , 2006

Chiang Mai - An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.7 on the Richter scale was felt in this northern city Tuesday night, the Meteorological Department announced.

Adisorn Foongkhachorn, chief of Chiang Mai seismology office, said the epicentre of the quake was in Burma's Shan state about 194 kilometres northwards of Chiang Mai.

Adisorn said the quake took place at about 8:42 pm and could be strongly felt in Chiang Dao and Chaiprakan districts. No damages in Chiang Mai had been reported yet.

Rachai Srinual, an officer at the Chiang Mai Meteorological Office said his office received a lot of phone calls inquiring about the quake.

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Lets just keep our fingers crossed we don't get hit by a big one here

But just in case it ever happensI suggest that those of you who have not done so already read P1P's excellent post about how to survive an earthquake. it is very informative and could save your life if we were unlucky enough to be hit by a big one. I think it was posted on this sub forum just after the massive earthquake in India/Pakistan (October 7th last year).

Unfortunatley my Computer skills prevent me from adding the link, but some clever bugger out there should be able to do it, or just track back to it, I know it was a couple of weeks after the 'Quake that he posted it.

Was written by an Earthquake Survival Expert.