Best Food In Danok, Sadao And Padang Besa

captadam

• 4 months later...

After many nights spent in Danok best food was the breakfast in Olivers hotel for western food, or the stalls selling the fried chicken. not been for 3 years so a run down KFC would be a big plus. Great duty free inbetween the border posts, and the sleaze makes Pattaya tame.

After many nights spent in Danok best food was the breakfast in Olivers hotel for western food, or the stalls selling the fried chicken. not been for 3 years so a run down KFC would be a big plus. Great duty free inbetween the border posts, and the sleaze makes Pattaya tame.

It's the worst place I've been to in Thailand, and I've been to a lot of places believe me. Pattaya isn't pleasant either but at least its not dingy. I did try to eat in one of the bigger hotels, as one of them had a western menu. The food was awful, went for some Thai food down the road which was no better either. Just one of those places I was glad to see the back of.

Danok and Sungai Golok are just phuck stops for Malaysians hopping across the border, they're places to avoid, unless of course that's what you're looking for.

Edited by Stocky

Danok is a sleazy, scruffy little town that can only boast a run-down KFC. That's your best bet in that place.

Dannok's all upmarket nowadays ...

post-145960-0-98000300-1357749520_thumb.

Looking good, probably worth a visit, just to try out the Macs. Not much else theretongue.png

Dannok is becoming almost civilised ... Ronnie Mac's, KFC, Tops, Tesco Lotus, a quick game of golf at Black Forest G&CC and stock up at the Zon Duty Free before heading home. There are worse places to do a border run.

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

Danok is a sleazy, scruffy little town that can only boast a run-down KFC. That's your best bet in that place.

Dannok's all upmarket nowadays ...

post-145960-0-98000300-1357749520_thumb.

Looking good, probably worth a visit, just to try out the Macs. Not much else theretongue.png

Dannok is becoming almost civilised ... Ronnie Mac's, KFC, Tops, Tesco Lotus, a quick game of golf at Black Forest G&CC and stock up at the Zon Duty Free before heading home. There are worse places to do a border run.

There cant be a better one, i dont understand why eveybody shoots off to Had Yai after driving past Danork. Some of the best value hotels in Thailand. Defniatly worth a few nigths stay again even though I dont have to do a bounce. 7-8 years ago was hard work getting farang food but now all looks sorted, Edited by marstons

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...