Speedboat Hire Krabi

TwoDogz

Anyone know how much it costs to hire a private speedboat from krabi to visit the islands etc for a full day ?

Wondering what a fair and going rate is, a friend hired oe recently and want to know if it is a real figure or not, seemed a tad high.

Ok, now that it is in the krabi forum I hope the people looking in here are more knowledgeable than the phuket forum, they should be because they chose not to perhaps live or holiday in phuket.

Speedboat, not a long tail and recent prices as in this year...oh and maybe high and low season variation.

Ta

Edited by TwoDogz

Yes, it was a full charter type of deal where they could go wherever they wanted throughout the day. Not just a private boat trip from point A to point B.

The price was mid what was quoted above at 18k and I thought that to be quite high myself.

Yes, it was a full charter type of deal where they could go wherever they wanted throughout the day. Not just a private boat trip from point A to point B.

The price was mid what was quoted above at 18k and I thought that to be quite high myself.

the prices i quoted are cheap but do not include any food or national park fees,its impossible to judge the price you got with out all the details big difference in prices between a 1,2 or 3 engine speedboat,did it include pp or just local ao nang islands pp adds a few thousand bht on easily.

as kloung muang mentioned food and especially national park fees can add up and be quite expensive especially if you cant strike a deal with the boat or rangers ,there is defo something going on out on some of these islands where they are demanding some pretty high fees from private boats i think its the park rangers and boatman hiking the prices right up,i dont mind paying a small fee on some islands like hong as its pretty well kept has toilets and a nice well kept picnic area but i think charges should be per boat not per person.

I did not do this myself, as I mentioned it was a friend that did it and I wanted to know if the price he paid was realistic or not and also for my own future reference to go myself one day.

No idea what it included other than all day and go where they wanted, not just one destination.